Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help ,,,, I cannot log in to ESO

ttraveler
ttraveler
✭✭
I just screwed up my firewall settings and CANNOT log in to ESO when the firewall is turned on.
There is no problem when the firewall is completely shut down. ESO then runs fine.

I get the error: "Error 201 Login failed Please try again"
---> Also the announcements fail to show with the message: "Could not retrieve announcements."

What are the programs I should be giving exception access permissions to in the firewall? (Other than the one called eso64.exe) I'm running ZoneAlarm.

Thank you.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like one of those random error codes people get sometimes because the game decides it hates us. I get an error code after every patch now, only mine is a different code.

Might want to post this in the technical support forum. Here's a link to the PC forum: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pc-technical-support

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only run the launcher on update/maintenence days OP, use the shortcut for 64 bit exe any other time.

Repair your game install and reset your router, I have the error code you mention too, with every maintenence or update.

I use Norton however, but firewall exception should be ok with just eso64.exe, if not, then add other eso related exes to firewall exceptions then it has nothing to moan about hehe.

But generally repairing game install/resetting the router works.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    System restore?
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a PS4?
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replys everybody.

I overlooked the fact I have two ESOs to give permission to. PTS had permission. That's what I was looking at. My exception list said that ESO had permission. Same program name but a different location for the LIVE ESO. Added the LIVE ESO location to the exceptions list. ...LOL... Two ESOs ... but ... two different locations.

All works fine now.

B)