The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Ald Velothi home does not give credit towards the Land Baron achievement

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
I apologize if someone else already had a thread on this:

The Ald Velothi home does not give credit toward any of the land ownership achievements. Does anyone know if this is an oversight or if this is intentional?

Thank you so much for any assistance or information you can give - it's appreciated.
- RK
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing that it is intentional, as Ald Velothi is from the MW expansion. Unless, of course, they had planned to add them into the landowner achievements, but since Homestaed pre-dated MW, I'm guessing that they aren't planning on including future homes in the achievements.

I think if you look at the achievement, you'll see a list of the homes that qualify for it. It's doubtful that they will continue to update it when new homes are released.
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    Though I agree that's intentional, I would have hoped devs added the new houses to the existing housing achievements as they keep adding them to the system (how difficult could that be?), or at least add a new achievement to account for them, but no. Is it out of laziness, carelessness, indifference, lack of enthusiasm for their own game, etc., idk.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xerikos wrote: »
    Though I agree that's intentional, I would have hoped devs added the new houses to the existing housing achievements as they keep adding them to the system (how difficult could that be?), or at least add a new achievement to account for them, but no. Is it out of laziness, carelessness, indifference, lack of enthusiasm for their own game, etc., idk.

Morrowind has specific achievements associated with it. Housing is more a general achievement category much like fishing. My guess is they didn't want to lock general achievements behind new content some players may choose not to play.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    xerikos wrote: »

Morrowind has specific achievements associated with it. Housing is more a general achievement category much like fishing. My guess is they didn't want to lock general achievements behind new content some players may choose not to play.

To be fair, adding the newer homes to the list of eligible homes that satisfy the existing Housing Achievements (such as Land Baron) would not exclude players that did not purchase the DLCs and who do not have ESO Plus from completing those achievements; rather, it would simply expand the list of eligible homes to include the new homes such that all players can complete these achievements so long as they want to purchase the correct number of homes in each "size" category.