The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

worst dungeon in the game: pls fix blackheart haven

phlupp89
phlupp89
✭✭
fair warning, this is a rant thread. never thought i'd make one of those but i am pissed.

now even though i love this game there are a lot of little things that irk me. but nothing causes me to go into a blind rage quite like running Blackheart Haven does.
and i need to run it (have been for weeks) because i want to use one of the sets that drop there. if you have ever been to that place you probably know what i am talking about. after you kill the fist boss you usually can't pass through the door. why? because somewhere one of the hundreds of annoying adds you may or may not have encountered is still lurking around and keeping you in combat.

and then this *** happens:

you run out (because your teammates dont know how to sneak and just keep running around anyway) to find the sucker. and then you or one of your comrades fall down for some reason causing a whole other bunch of mobs - that you had succsessfully avoided before - to join the party. your teammates, honorable warriors that they are, rush towards the battle in order to help ... and of course they bring even more mobs with them. by the time you are done you feel like you just fought for an hour. sometimes my groups spend as much time cleaning up on that beach as they do in the rest of the dungeon.

i dont know what the intention here was. dont give me "you can sneak past or wear the costume" or some such nonesense. never works, especially in pugs. its not like any of the mobs can kill you or drop any usefull loot. For all that is good and holy, just get rid of like half of them.

yes, i know its not a big problem. But i just had to write about it after my last attempt at a smooth run in BH. Because on top of the scenario i described above, this happend: First of all i get yet another dps (i'm the other one) that clearly cant even pull 20k. Not what this is about, but it makes everything so much harder. and then the highlight of my day. one mob left, some archer on a plattform up somewhere you cant even walk to. so i get closer to him from below, thinking i'll just slowly kill him with my bow. i draw the damn thing and all of a sudden i get teleported to another part of the beach. and that mess keeps happening over and over again. so we cant kill the one lone surviving enemy and i rage quit for the fist time playing this game. and i have been around for a while.

... thankfully writing this has helped me to calm down quite a bit. gonna post it anyway, just in case anybody else feels the same way. time to log back on and get that gear. see you in Blackheart Haven folks, i'll be the fool accidentally aggroing all the mobs. because yes, more often than not its my fault. and nothing pisses me off quite like my own stupidity :s . Please Zos, fix this. (The dungeon i mean, not the stupidity. That can't be helped i guess.)
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother with the costume, after entering the dungeon turn left, swim into the sea, wipe the mobs having a drink on top of the hill, then you'll be at the entrance of the rope bridge leading to the platform where the first boss is. If ater the fight you're still in combat, wait for the mob to cross the bridge and wipe them.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blackheart Haven is easy. You can wear the costume and avoid pretty much everything till you get to Iron Heel.

Avoid the durzogs. Easy.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    I can honestly say I've never had a problem with this dungeon... I farmed pirate set the other day and got all the pieces I need... I don't even use it though, not sure what build/ class to use it for?

But I never had any trouble with it? I feel sorry for you man, especially as you said you don't normally "rant". I do have glitches with other areas of the game that other people have so maybe it's just one of those things?
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • phlupp89
    phlupp89
    ✭✭
    hi guys, thank you for the replies.
    guess i way over reacted. come to think of it i never heard anyone complain about BH.
    Not sure why i had so many bad experiences there.
    as i said the costume dont work for the groups that i am in. best strategy seems to be "swimming left".
    and yes, i am after bone pirates tatters. want to use it for pvp. i have never really done it and i think it would be good to have a recovery set. at least in the beginning.
    but really i dont know anything about pvp so i might bei wasting my time. wouldnt that be a kick in the nuts.