Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New House wishes!

arika257
arika257
✭✭✭
So while I was in Cyrodil, the other day, my guildies and I came across one of the houses in Bruma (The Manor house). I fell in love with it and would love to have it as a purchasable house (maybe not inside Cyrodil but anywhere else). It was definitely Nord style. It was the house housing Grigerda for the quests. I have so many ideas decorating it, or making it into a guild house. I love going into it all the time. Yes, I'm a little weird, but it looks amazing!

Have you seen any houses that you wish you could purchase?
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those redoran shell homes in Gnisis were very nice to me.
  • Venom4You
    Venom4You
    ✭✭✭
    1. Ayleid Ruin
    2. Castle Ruin
    3. Delve Cave/Ruin/Thieves Den

We need more creepy ruins for housing in this game - The witches cottage didn't do it for me...

Homestead so far just consists of "boring" houses. We should get more houses which actually differ from regular NPC housing imo.
    Aka Crowley

Member of Zerg Squad (EP/AD - EU)
    Role: Raid Healer
    Main Characters: Majestic Crowley (Warden Healer - EP) / Father Crowley (Templar Healer - AD) / Brother Crowley (Templar Healer - DC)
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually rather like the 'boring' houses. I love the traditional Breton, Nord and Redguard houses....just my personal taste ;)
  • Klemenziusb16_ESO
    More creepy houses. Some underground dungeons or crypts.
    Also I wished they would have implemented the housing to be more like in Wildstar. With functional furniture and minigames, that can give you furnishing and other loot.
    You can say what you want about Wildstar, but its housing is the best I encountered so far.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy a cyrodiil outpost and a resource tower in a second.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venom4You wrote: »
    1. Ayleid Ruin
    2. Castle Ruin
    3. Delve Cave/Ruin/Thieves Den

We need more creepy ruins for housing in this game - The witches cottage didn't do it for me...

Homestead so far just consists of "boring" houses. We should get more houses which actually differ from regular NPC housing imo.

i love my regular houses. but i also love unique ones.

in skyrim I would always try to find the weirdest places with safe storage to live in.

i usually ended up in the broken down witches tower in the rift. had all safe storage and i would decorate the crud out of it.

would be exciting to see a few houses to buy with in game gold that are unique.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for a Dwemer ruin or a different cave. :P
  • Silufadumar
    Silufadumar
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a ship.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a ship.
    I agree
    There's several types and sizes of ships, it would be awesome to have a update where there's 3-4 types and sizes of ships.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An Ashlander's yurt

A house where the interior and exterior actually match! ;)

EDIT: I'd also like to see them offer an empty plot of land. While I wouldn't be able to build anything that looked remotely livable, it'd be cool to see what others come up with. But, it'd have to coincide with the release of proper building materials.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 24, 2017 5:26PM
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A snowy house with a courtyard in Wrothgar or Eastmarch.
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a dwemer manor, a clockwork mansion of sorts.

I giant boat house I think would be cool as a notable home maybe off the coast of Auridon. Like a literally ship on the ocean.

Also, it would be cool to see an underground cave. Maybe just a blank version of the base delve caves with a twist?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »

A snowy house would be fun, and you could decorate the interior warm and snuggly.

But ZO$ would have to introduce snow-covered trees and plants for the exterior.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer house with cool gadgets would be fun.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    An Ashlander's yurt

A house where the interior and exterior actually match! ;)

EDIT: I'd also like to see them offer an empty plot of land. While I wouldn't be able to build anything that looked remotely livable, it'd be cool to see what others come up with. But, it'd have to coincide with the release of proper building materials.

There's the achievement Yurt after you complete the quest, it's a pretty decent size.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What would be pretty neat is an Orsinium type castle, but about the same size as the manors but also have an underground cave area to decorate using dwarven decorations.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Leogon wrote: »
    But ZO$ would have to introduce snow-covered trees and plants for the exterior.
    True and they would probably end up in the crown store as the "Winter Garden Pack". :lol:
  • Rye_Encoke
    Rye_Encoke
    ✭✭
    I also would like a ship/house boat, maybe along the Gold Coast or Hew's Bane harbour
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a player house version of the walled altmer manor you visit at the end of the TG quest in Grahtwood

I would also love to see a notable sized bosmer home that uses the tree house meshes, instead of the pods. Perhaps 2 or 3 trees with ground and upper floors and bridges connecting them.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Nord homes and maybe bigger than Old Mistvail Manor. Hakkvild was a complete and utter disappointment! The interior is ridiculous so this one doesn't count (IMO).
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone with the achievement yurt. Does it rain through the roof?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From cyrodiil :
    Outpost.
    Resource tower.

Other:
    Ship.
    Ruin with a large underground crypt.
    Several types of plots of land.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, there's several ideas I've had in my head for what I'd want to see as homes. But the main idea I would love to see, as someone who almost always play an Argonian, is some Argonian ruins with a large xanmeer as the main building, some sort of garden area, maybe with a pond with a waterfall (because I love waterfalls X3), etc. I think it would be an awesome manor to have whenever Murkmire gets released. And I would immediately erect the spine of trade and purchase it if it were to ever exist.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on August 30, 2017 10:09PM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rye_Encoke wrote: »
    I also would like a ship/house boat, maybe along the Gold Coast or Hew's Bane harbour

Well the Gold Coast is already getting Linchal Grand Manor. But I would love to see Hew's Bane get a manor. Seriously. Having that beautiful-looking city, having the Thieves' Guild questline mainly take place there, and not having some sort of manor to purchase there and show off all the wealth your thieving made you is, in my opinion, a CRIME (pun intended XD).
  • arika257
    arika257
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to hte murkmire house but still want that cyrodil house.
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    those lil countryside Altmeri villas in Summersert - ones made with darker stones. Would be perfect as medium house. And also lil Telvanni ones in Sadrith Mora - like Sun-in-shadows home
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this thread got necro'd, I'll just say I can't believe I was hoping for a xanmeer with waterfalls, and now there's a xanmeer with waterfalls to look forward to! <3

Hmmm...one thing I'd also love to see is another home in a snowy location, as well as more homes in towns and cities that don't have any. For example, Wrothgar only has Pariah's Pinnacle. I'd love to see a medium or large townhouse in Orsinium, like Mazabakh's house or Darriot Morrad's (I've been in them enough times to know they'd make good homes, Mazabakh's especially looks cozy to me for some reason). And Orsinium is one of the few major cities in the game that has no homes in it or in a close proximity to it. I mean, if we can have two small homes in Malabal Tor that are as close as they are too each other, I don't think a townhouse in Orsinium is too much to ask.

Speaking of Malabal Tor, I just realized there's no Bosmer manor homes, and Silvenar (once rescued) is without a wayshrine. I feel like there's a missed opportunity to have a great tree as a Bosmer manor near Silvenar. Then again, there's also a completely empty plateau I found in Grahtwood that you could easily fit a Bosmer manor on. Which may also be a good fit. And if you think about it, the Wood Elves are the only race that have never had a manor in their architectural style. I say give 'em a big tree!
  • Thalidar
    Thalidar
    ✭✭✭
    A Nordic home covered in snow. Maybe like a viking hall such as Skyrims fighters guild hall in white run.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thalidar wrote: »
    A Nordic home covered in snow. Maybe like a viking hall such as Skyrims fighters guild hall in white run.

Agreed about a Nord home with snow everywhere. Though I feel like we won't get that unless we eventually get to go to Winterhold.
  • arika257
    arika257
    ✭✭✭
    Bruma house could easily be that nordic snow house!