The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Player-Focused Community Housing Event Raffle

EttinTheBreton
EttinTheBreton
✭✭✭
Imagine this: A new, unique, and massive house is created for each Alliance. Each player interested in owning and decorating a house must purchase raffle tickets with in-game gold or Crowns. ZOS draws a single @name for each of the houses, and they are the SOLE OWNERS for one month. Then:
  1. The winner is notified, and is given one week to decorate their new house however they like
  2. For the rest of the month, the house is put on display!
  3. Players are free to gather, chat, and socialize in each of the three houses that three different players have decorated
  4. At the end of the month, a new raffle begins, and three new winning accounts start the process over

What do you think? I think it would be awesome for the entire community to be able to visit a place that has been decorated by us, the players. This place can essentially be a location for us, designed by us, which changes each month.

Of course, each part of the process could be modified to make it work best. How do we ensure the player will decorate the house without just leaving the game? How will the raffle be fair, do we limit the number of tickets purchasable (I think we should avoid having the people with the most money always winning). Can the owner change the decorations after the one-week decorating period? I have other ideas, but I would like to hear yours.
I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something you might do on a small private MineCraft server. Not in ESO.
    signing off
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a horrible idea. The gamble boxes are already taking advantage of little kids and addicts. Adding more to the game would make a failing community worse.
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    This is something you might do on a small private MineCraft server. Not in ESO.
    That's a really good point. I never played MineCraft, but I have heard about servers with a similar concept. The server owners design whatever they want, others can visit their cities/buildings/creations, and sometimes other people can redesign what they've built. I think it's kinda funny that I didn't think about MineCraft when I wrote this thread.

However, I still think this would be fun. We have some great interior designer players in ESO, and the only way to really experience what they've built is to:
    • read their threads in the forums (if they make one)
    • read the official community spotlight about their houses (if ZOS writes one)
    • be in the same guild/be friends with these expert housing players to visit their place
    Some players might not even know how elaborate housing can get. But with this monthly (or longer/shorter) raffle for a house that anyone can visit, players could show off their talents for everybody!

This is a horrible idea. The gamble boxes are already taking advantage of little kids and addicts. Adding more to the game would make a failing community worse.
    Ok this is a good point too. What if it was a no-cost raffle, just inputting your @ name in the drawing for free (after logging in, of course)?
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on August 24, 2017 3:31PM
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton