The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Long lost lore

Cletus
Cletus
I posted this in the players helping players section also looking for help on this.
I beat the monsters and was sent to davon
s watch to talk to Valaste. I did and summoned Shalidor. Talked to him and got to the point I was to enter a port he was to make and I had to leave the game. Now when I return the circle is still lit but no shalidor or valeste. Have I lost this quest? I barely got through it to this point.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest has not been lost. Shouldn't be. Have you tried to go through the portal? It should still work. Valaste and Shalidor probably ran off for a little trist while waiting for you to return. Cannot blame him. Valaste is a very nice High Elf.
  • Cletus
    Cletus
    There is no portal, shalidore, or valeste. Only a glowing circle on the mage guild floor.
  • Cletus
    Cletus
    I notice now on my map that the 2 points for killing Blaze and Ragebinder are black. Does this mean I have to go back and kill them again? Or only that I haven't fully advanced to the next part of the quest?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blaze and Ragebinder have nothing to do with this quest, they're from one of the Stonefalls quests, not Long Lost Lore. Make sure Long Lost Lore is active before trying to continue it, but if you still can't use the portal you'll probably have to abandon it and start it over.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cletus
    Cletus
    Glad you told me this I was confusing the death of Balreth with this quest. Just got flustered losing the lost lore quest. I will have to abandon it as the portal wasn't there after maintenance.