What is the time frame for ESO?

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
More specifically are we near the end of an era? My favorite daedric prince is Jyggalag. And if I remember correctly the grey March occurs at the end of every era. So if time was to align perfectly do you think we may ever see a quest featuring the daedric prince of order?
PvP needs more love.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2E 582

Last year ot that era is 2E 896
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long do imperials live? Could I survive that 314 years and meet jyggalag as an old man?
    PvP needs more love.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Em... nope

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to become Vampire

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we could relive a memory? I'm ok with anything I just wanna meet the shiny metal man.
    PvP needs more love.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruin book in singleplayer games are torched memory of 2nd era (aka excuse and the way out for messy lore background)
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • TheAngelofDeath99
    TheAngelofDeath99
    ✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    How long do imperials live? Could I survive that 314 years and meet jyggalag as an old man?

Either become a Vampire or make an Elf toon.

According to lore, elves are capable of living for thousands of years.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Mer
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More specifically are we near the end of an era? My favorite daedric prince is Jyggalag. And if I remember correctly the grey March occurs at the end of every era. So if time was to align perfectly do you think we may ever see a quest featuring the daedric prince of order?

Actually, as it so happens, the Greymarch comes at the end of a Shivering Isles era, not at the end of a Tamrielic era. No proper Daedric event would tie itself to a calendar controlled by mortals. The end of the 3rd Era just happened to occur near the end of the Shivering Isles era.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually, as it so happens, the Greymarch comes at the end of a Shivering Isles era, not at the end of a Tamrielic era. No proper Daedric event would tie itself to a calendar controlled by mortals. The end of the 3rd Era just happened to occur near the end of the Shivering Isles era.

IIRC theres no mention of different time streams existing within each realm. They're all following the same kalpa (as far as we know)
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IIRC theres no mention of different time streams existing within each realm. They're all following the same kalpa (as far as we know)

Yes, but everyone gets to define what an "era" is.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's arguable, since Akatosh has no power in Daedric realms. Without Akatosh, there's nothing to regulate temporal continuity between Mundus and Oblivion. Even if there is temporal continuity, there's no reason for realms of Oblivion to follow the eras defined by the mortals of Tamriel. Why would they? Tiber Septim's conquest of Tamriel, for example, started the Third Era, but that's no reason for a new era in Oblivion to start. Beyond that, there is existing empirical evidence (if you believe the ramblings of a madman) that a Shivering Isles era lasts 1000 years, which further confirms they are not connected to Tamrielic eras.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I'm reading is we could go to the shivering isles and relive a memory of the greymarch there?
    PvP needs more love.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I'm reading is we could go to the shivering isles and relive a memory of the greymarch there?
    Haha potentially. Time travel/memory quests are quite common in ESO after all. Personally, if Shivering Isles does ever get added to ESO, I would like it to be in the time period of Arden-Sul, as that would give ZOS leeway to put their own mark on the Isles, with a different New Sheoth location and a completely different approach to the setting.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Haha potentially. Time travel/memory quests are quite common in ESO after all. Personally, if Shivering Isles does ever get added to ESO, I would like it to be in the time period of Arden-Sul, as that would give ZOS leeway to put their own mark on the Isles, with a different New Sheoth location and a completely different approach to the setting.

My thought is that if any Elder Scrolls game returned to Shivering Isles around the time of Arden-Sul, the player character would be Arden-Sul, the events twisted by legend, or would be the one who made Arden-Sul, behind the scenes. Either way, that would be an interesting quest line.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought is that if any Elder Scrolls game returned to Shivering Isles around the time of Arden-Sul, the player character would be Arden-Sul, the events twisted by legend, or would be the one who made Arden-Sul, behind the scenes. Either way, that would be an interesting quest line.
    Yeah, something like that indeed. As long as it doesn't progress as far as the events of his death, anything would be possible, with the Grand Enlightenment and the Hundred Day Torture being the token activities that you would somehow influence, along with many more besides. And perhaps, for BuildMan's sake, something to do with Order as well.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, something like that indeed. As long as it doesn't progress as far as the events of his death, anything would be possible, with the Grand Enlightenment and the Hundred Day Torture being the token activities that you would somehow influence, along with many more besides. And perhaps, for BuildMan's sake, something to do with Order as well.

The great thing about legends perpetuated by crazy people is that what actually happened does not need to follow the legend. :smile:
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as I get to see jyggalag I'm ok with anything. And I mean see him. Not have some statue with recorder behind it talking to me. In fact hell let me join him. I'll kill everyone.
    PvP needs more love.