The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Selene's Web - Hircine's Veneer set. I think we're doing something wrong

dowdeswell.ivrwb17_ESO
dowdeswell.ivrwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hey y'all

My guild mates and I are struggling in Selene's Web.

Just to clarify, we have NO trouble clearing Selene's Web. At all.

But we've been farming Selene's Web on both normal and veteran for almost a year now (Some days we run through it about ten times a day) trying to farm for the Hircine's Veneer Dagger with infused/divines trait on it.

At best this year, we've managed to get two defending daggers...

I legit don't know if we're doing anything wrong. We kill all the bosses, have memorized the zones for every heavy sack and chest... and we're still coming up on empty for this exact dagger. Our current understanding is that the dagger only drops from Selene herself. Hell, we've even memorized all the voice lines of the bosses and npc's...

We've been driven so mad by this dungeon that we even got to a point where we started timing our runs... Our current record on normal (And clearing all bosses) stands at just over seven minutes. (Selene takes up the most time).

Any suggestions?
@Sadowson
PC - America
Imperial Dragonknight Tank
Blood for the Pact!
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daggers do not drop in divines
    what character do you plan on running the set on, defending is a good trait on a tank

change your CP to activate the treasure hunter passive - will increase your chance of getting set pieces from dungeon chests (i think)

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to reiterate, daggers dont come in divines, so thats important.
    If you meant sharpened/precise, then all I can say is I have only ever gotten a greatsword, but my friend got a precise bow drop off of Selene.
    The greatsword, interestingly, came off some trash mobs.

I farmed selenes for ages to get divines chest/gloves, and it just takes time. You may be better served by running more hircines armor/jewelry rather than pursuing the dagger.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, you're not.

But there's what... 7 weapons? 3 sets? 6 traits?

7 weapons plus 2 jewellery. So 1 in 9 of what you want.

3 sets, so we're at 1 in 27.

6 traits. 1 in 162 chance of getting the weapon in the set and the trait you want. Only on final boss.

Rng is always against you.

What are you running it with? Can you not get weapons in the other set?
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 21, 2017 12:56PM
  • dowdeswell.ivrwb17_ESO
    dowdeswell.ivrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Guess I should've clarified this, my bad.

I'm actually helping my guildmate (Good friend of mine) farm for the dagger. So technically i'm asking on her behalf.

She's a Nightblade, so although she has the two defending daggers, she'd be able to do alot better if she could get it in Sharpened or Precise (My bad about the divines)
    @Sadowson
    PC - America
    Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Blood for the Pact!