The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Another "Give us more item cap" Request, now including Pleading!

Lumen_Flare
Lumen_Flare
Soul Shriven
Greetings to all who read this. If you, like me, have gotten into ESO Housing, then you know why this topic comes up again and again and again...and again....
I bring up this age old dilemma because of the new houses coming with Horns of the Reach, and no commitment from the devs on increasing max furnishings.

Linchal Manor, and even more so, High Hall, NEED more item spaces. This isn't a I couldn't build a chair cathedral becuz mai limits post. This is a legitimate help request:
With only 700 slots, the decorations are so terribly limited, you really would have a hard time doing the notable homes justice. I own a Mournoth keep, and with 400 items it was a challenge to fill at first glance. Breton Rugs carpeted most of the floor without issue, and looked fine. Furniture didn't take very much to add. Lighting, no problem. I even went and build a deck outside, and was just under the 200 non premium limit. Then I realized: All I had done was take the first step. I now required over 200 small furnishings, like books, food, cutlery, etc to make the place feel lively. Without them, it was but an empty shell. I don't even have the crafting stations, Merchant/banker/smuggler, training dummy, or anything. Just livening the place up put me on the cusp of 400. I couldn't even DREAM of making the place work with 200. Now look at a place like Earthtear Cavern: You could fit Mournoth keep inside that cave at least twice, let alone if you actually try building over the water. In Earthtear, you will need a TON of lighting simply due to the size of the place, probably a roof (unless you like floating chandeliers), a furnished bar, bedroom above the doorway, all the fixings. To buy just the cave alone is at minimum! close to 14000 crowns, 16.5k furnished. Furnishings from the store will run you a quick bill, bringing just the basics up to almost 200$. Or you can do it with in-game currency, and look high and low for that 1 thing you need, only to find it, if you even can, for an obscene amount of money.

But lets say you pull it off. Finally get every furnishing you might ever want and or need for your guildbase/personal retreat. Now you're staring in the face the most evil challenge in all the game:
the item cap. 350/700 depending on if you were already sacrificing your wallet. To build and or furnish a massive cavern to monumental standards. And here's the best part: when Reach comes out, High Hall will be even bigger still! Its a mansion to furnish in addition to a massive yard and cave, + side buildings! Just TRY, I dare you, TRY and furnish that without tossing zos enough for +. Even with plus it's still too low of an item cap. Linchal will need at least 1000 to make it sane for decorators to work with it. High Hall will be more still. You can't make a massive player home, practically its own plane of oblivion, and then expect the people willing to stab their wallet to death to make it happen to be satisfied with mediocre.

We NEED more item spaces, at least for the larger homes and mansions.That still wouldn't fix all the problems, as the smaller homes have their own shortcomings as well, many of which would be fixed with a broad spectrum increase in player home capacity.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we need more items than 700 for the big houses. I own Forgotten Stronghold which is vast in space and I'm close to the limit while still have to equip the throne room, walls and I'm on doing achievements to get all the statues and banners from all sources to my garden. ZOS, you offered us so many furnitures, some of them are tiny or small - so we need more slots to fulfill the large spaces inside, especially a lot items takes the kitchen's stuff. I vote to increase items limit from 700 to 1000 for the big houses. Don't forget that the Stronghold is also considered big ;).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭
    I know these threads have been done before but I think it's worth keeping up reminding ZOS that this is something we want very much and as soon as possible. They've mentioned being aware of the issue but when people post about it, it helps show what the player base's priorities are and affects what is worked on first.

I am currently only furnishing Sleek Creek House, a medium house, and let me tell you: if it's as hard to decorate a medium house to my homey, cluttered preferences while using ESO+ as it is, I can't IMAGINE trying to decorate a mansion - unless a chunk of my decorating is going to be barring off unused rooms from being accessible to make the place smaller overall.

We have so many amazing, interesting furnishings in the game with more on the way (and oh boy do I have a wishlist a mile long of items that I see in NPC houses that aren't furnishings yet), and it's really unfortunate that we can't take advantage of the beautiful item and home designs.
    Edited by Bellamy on August 12, 2017 11:02AM
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich posted recently that they are working on the performance issues which require the limits. So ZOS is aware people want more slots.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich posted recently that they are working on the performance issues which require the limits. So ZOS is aware people want more slots.

Yes but the question is, do the said performance issues affect the server, or do they only affect the individual housing instances?

If it is the instances, then surely it should be up to the player to decide whether they wish to limit their furnishings to maintain good performance for themselves personally. If that is the case, then keeping the item cap low for the entire population just doesn't make sense or seem fair.
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    We Need MOAR!!!!!!
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • ecki2k
    ecki2k
    and another +1. I love Housing but in each and every one of my homes I ran into the limit.

Like OP said, to make a place feel lively, you need around 30% more Itemspace.

Pretty pretty please. Put it into the Crown Store, win-win.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes please. I have just "finished" decorating Daggerfall manor, finally. finished in quotations, because i had to abandon a LOT of the ideas for outside, and some of the ideas for the inside, thanks to the limits. and its not like its cluttered either its just.. its a manor. these limits, even as a subscriber are very restrictive. I don't even want to contemplate trying to decorate as a non subscriber
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, we need more housing item slots asap! They keep adding more housing items (which is nice), but we really need more housing slots.

Somehow, I think they thought once people filled all their housing slots in one house they would just buy another one and begin again.. and maybe some people do that, but I'm someone who wants to sink all my efforts into just one house and I'm not interested in buying multiple houses just to scratch that housing decoration itch that I have.
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on August 14, 2017 8:44PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

Yes but the question is, do the said performance issues affect the server, or do they only affect the individual housing instances?

If it is the instances, then surely it should be up to the player to decide whether they wish to limit their furnishings to maintain good performance for themselves personally. If that is the case, then keeping the item cap low for the entire population just doesn't make sense or seem fair.

Both. If an issue affects the instance, it will affect the server. Sure, your house is only one instance... Among possibly millions
  • Heimdal134
    I totally agree that we need more housing slots.
    I have forsaken stronghold - its not cluttered at all - i have eso + and no more item spaces to even decorate kitchen or upstairs. This house should have 1000
    only 700 slots for the big island is just ridicoulous. The island and other notable should be 1200 at least..
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimdal134 wrote: »
    I have forsaken stronghold - its not cluttered at all - i have eso + and no more item spaces to even decorate kitchen or upstairs. This house should have 1000
    only 700 slots for the big island is just ridicoulous. The island and other notable should be 1200 at least..

When people say 'its not cluttered' I always desire to see it... Got some SS? xD
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bellamy wrote: »
    I know these threads have been done before but I think it's worth keeping up reminding ZOS that this is something we want very much and as soon as possible. They've mentioned being aware of the issue but when people post about it, it helps show what the player base's priorities are and affects what is worked on first.

I am currently only furnishing Sleek Creek House, a medium house, and let me tell you: if it's as hard to decorate a medium house to my homey, cluttered preferences while using ESO+ as it is, I can't IMAGINE trying to decorate a mansion - unless a chunk of my decorating is going to be barring off unused rooms from being accessible to make the place smaller overall.

We have so many amazing, interesting furnishings in the game with more on the way (and oh boy do I have a wishlist a mile long of items that I see in NPC houses that aren't furnishings yet), and it's really unfortunate that we can't take advantage of the beautiful item and home designs.

everytime I put in a new attuned station, I need to take something out and throw it away. houses should be houses for even junk collectors if that they way they want it

• RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more OP.
    Bellamy wrote: »
    I know these threads have been done before but I think it's worth keeping up reminding ZOS
    THIS

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings to all who read this. If you, like me, have gotten into ESO Housing, then you know why this topic comes up again and again and again...and again....
    I bring up this age old dilemma because of the new houses coming with Horns of the Reach, and no commitment from the devs on increasing max furnishings.

Linchal Manor, and even more so, High Hall, NEED more item spaces. This isn't a I couldn't build a chair cathedral becuz mai limits post. This is a legitimate help request:
    With only 700 slots, the decorations are so terribly limited, you really would have a hard time doing the notable homes justice. I own a Mournoth keep, and with 400 items it was a challenge to fill at first glance. Breton Rugs carpeted most of the floor without issue, and looked fine. Furniture didn't take very much to add. Lighting, no problem. I even went and build a deck outside, and was just under the 200 non premium limit. Then I realized: All I had done was take the first step. I now required over 200 small furnishings, like books, food, cutlery, etc to make the place feel lively. Without them, it was but an empty shell. I don't even have the crafting stations, Merchant/banker/smuggler, training dummy, or anything. Just livening the place up put me on the cusp of 400. I couldn't even DREAM of making the place work with 200. Now look at a place like Earthtear Cavern: You could fit Mournoth keep inside that cave at least twice, let alone if you actually try building over the water. In Earthtear, you will need a TON of lighting simply due to the size of the place, probably a roof (unless you like floating chandeliers), a furnished bar, bedroom above the doorway, all the fixings. To buy just the cave alone is at minimum! close to 14000 crowns, 16.5k furnished. Furnishings from the store will run you a quick bill, bringing just the basics up to almost 200$. Or you can do it with in-game currency, and look high and low for that 1 thing you need, only to find it, if you even can, for an obscene amount of money.

But lets say you pull it off. Finally get every furnishing you might ever want and or need for your guildbase/personal retreat. Now you're staring in the face the most evil challenge in all the game:
    the item cap. 350/700 depending on if you were already sacrificing your wallet. To build and or furnish a massive cavern to monumental standards. And here's the best part: when Reach comes out, High Hall will be even bigger still! Its a mansion to furnish in addition to a massive yard and cave, + side buildings! Just TRY, I dare you, TRY and furnish that without tossing zos enough for +. Even with plus it's still too low of an item cap. Linchal will need at least 1000 to make it sane for decorators to work with it. High Hall will be more still. You can't make a massive player home, practically its own plane of oblivion, and then expect the people willing to stab their wallet to death to make it happen to be satisfied with mediocre.

We NEED more item spaces, at least for the larger homes and mansions.That still wouldn't fix all the problems, as the smaller homes have their own shortcomings as well, many of which would be fixed with a broad spectrum increase in player home capacity.

such low item limits for housing are utter non-sense in 2017, come one ZOS, triple the caps or remove them completely!!!

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimdal134 wrote: »

When people say 'its not cluttered' I always desire to see it... Got some SS? xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2S0gSSlTHM

my finally decorated house. I had to give up on adding lights in a workshop area, a bunch more plants, no individual books, had to mix in bookcases that don't completely go with the look I was originally aiming for, becasue even with buying book rows from crown shop, that's still 5 items per book case at a minimum, so have fun making a breton looking library. I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out, but it doesn't change the fact that i had to sacrifice a fair number of ideas on the altar of item limit.

also videos from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKfEVN_x-1d1sNApd5eoHEw , especially new manors - areas had to actualy be left undecorated becasue of item limit.
    Edited by Linaleah on August 16, 2017 4:06PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Teukka
    Teukka
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed. Even of all the veteran dungeon trophies I could fit perhaps 20 of them in Mournoth keep. Performance issues sounds like BS to me,more like boosting plus membership sales.
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just reached the limit on my Daggerfall castle, I'm not even finished with what I had in mind :/
    PC-NA
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Linaleah I really like what you've done with Daggerfall. :)

But yeah we desperately need a much bigger item limit!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    @Linaleah I really like what you've done with Daggerfall. :)

But yeah we desperately need a much bigger item limit!

thank you!

that said

I have since then visited couple of houses of hearthlight guildies and.... those Daggerfall manors illustrate the issue with too strict limits even better. there was this one house that was just... incredible. very detailed, very atmospheric... and the yard had to be left pretty much completely bare to accomplish that effect, becasue of the furnishing limits :(
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the @ZO$ people who actually play this (their) game try decorating houses within their self-imposed limits. And do you think they take a look at player houses to see what can and can't be done?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, that they probably (if at all) just place basic items, which appear at first sight to furnish a home, and think 'well that's OK, what are they all complaining about?'.

Maybe they don't take a second look and realise that, without all the small items and what some people would call clutter, a home simply does not look lived in.

Does anyone who takes home-making seriously, think that a home which is furnished but empty-looking with no character, is in any way satisfactory?
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    Heck I am a plus member with double slots and I am not even finished yet..They should increase the base limit for everyone or if they want some profit make purchasable slots as a furniture bundle..