Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is Yahkem omitted?

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I was going through the Daedric alphabet page and it mentions that the letter for 'Y', Yahkem, is frequently omitted from Daedric text, but there are a handful of exceptions. (Same apparently applies to the Daedric letter 'X'.) So, why is it omitted in the first place, and why is it included in the few places it does appear? Does anyone know?
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible the Daedric language doesn't have X's or Y's naturally, but it exists within Tamrielic/Cyrodiilic/whatever the name of English is in TES.

The Dunmer speak Tamrielic/Cyrodiilic with an occasional Dunmer language word (e.g. N'wah, F'lah, Fetcher) but often write in Daedric script. Since some names have X's or Y's, they may have needed to invent Yahkem and/or Xayah, like for Tel Fyr.

Basically they aren't real letters in the Daedric language but have been created by mortals so they can write whatever they want to in Daedric script. At least that's what I think.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    It's possible the Daedric language doesn't have X's or Y's naturally, but it exists within Tamrielic/Cyrodiilic/whatever the name of English is in TES.

The Dunmer speak Tamrielic/Cyrodiilic with an occasional Dunmer language word (e.g. N'wah, F'lah, Fetcher) but often write in Daedric script. Since some names have X's or Y's, they may have needed to invent Yahkem and/or Xayah, like for Tel Fyr.

Basically they aren't real letters in the Daedric language but have been created by mortals so they can write whatever they want to in Daedric script. At least that's what I think.

Then what are the Xyvkin called?