The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Houses that are more than a home

SantieClaws
SantieClaws
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So you may know that Khajiit she has a very fine residence at Castle Claws.

You may not also know that this one she also has a small tavern in the south of Bangkorai. Friendly barkeep, resident monkey, finest wines and plenty of fish.

With the very lovely addon 'Port to House' it is now possible to visit any home owned by a friend, even if they are not present and it is not the primary residence. At least for those of us using a 'PC' magic travelling box.

This opens up the possibility yes of using a 'house' for something other than a home - provide those unique social spaces that may be presently lacking in Tamriel. This of course depends upon their being suitable buildings that have multiple usage possibility at some point in the future.

Time and money allowing Khajiit would perhaps like to create a temple or a bathouse or a theatre.

Khajiit also hopes for improvements in the permission system to allow a building to be open to all - not just guildmates and friends but anyone at all who wishes to use it. A home may be a private space but a temple or theatre not so much yes. The joy of such a place is the very random nature of the encounters to be found there.

This one thinks perhaps if we just had an open patch of land there could be some very beautiful parks created, or little farms or merchant camps.

So this one she wonders what public buildings have you made or would you like to be able to make? What sort of building or space would you like to make this possible?

Yours with paws
Santie Claws
Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm not keen on people visiting my furniture warehouses via addon (if it allows that), I'd love to make my primary home open to all. Mine is a simple Snugpod but I like the way it's coming along.

Edit: if the addon in question is "Port to Friends House" it appears that it requires permissions being set to allow visitors in each home. Good, good. Would not want people having funny ideas after visiting my otherwise empty Inn Room of Poisoned Blood.
    Edited by Khenarthi on August 14, 2017 1:33PM
    PC-EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed the addon requires that the visitor has the relevant permissions.

What Khajiit would like someday, in Tamriel and not an addon, is for the ability to have an 'open door'.

Where someone need not be your friend or in your guild but through some system mechanism can visit any home owned by any traveller as long as the permission on that home is set to 'open door'.

Thus allowing us all to visit the taverns, temples, parks, arenas, shops and theatres built by others.

An almost infinite Tamriel for all to enjoy.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Little edit yes:

If also the name we give our home could be displayed where others can see it then it would be helpful for letting them know what they are visiting yes - if a tavern or a park or a private home.
    Edited by SantieClaws on August 14, 2017 1:42PM

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Vezelle
    Vezelle
    Yeah renaming your house would be great!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In another thread (the one about a housing event) I suggested a drop down menu that would allow a person to pick a house and then a certain number of random players houses would be available for you to visit. Players would need to opt in for their houses to be on the list. So if you wanted ideas for Autumn’s-Gate you just pick it and go to one that has been decorated.

Might be fun to go up to a house and when you hit enter instead of going into an empty house you get several player houses to choose from. And while we are wishing and wanting if there could be maybe a three word description with each listing that would be nice.

I'm planning on turning Serenity Falls Estate into a bazaar.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Mircat9000
    It would be amazing if spaces could be turned into bathhouses, etc. Renaming them would be great too. But before then i'd like furniture like desks, bags, and baskets to be capable of storage.

Bags would be able to store maybe 3 items, baskets 6, desks 9, and so on. And those items would only be accessible within the homes which they're placed, so it would be kind of like bank space but more personal.

At least then i'd have a reason to drop by my crummy little "mara's kiss public house" room and a reason to invest in a much bigger home (besides aesthetics).
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    A small workaround to this is possible in the PC roleplay community, each big alliance still has one or more roleplay hubs with hundreds of RPers, it's a carryover from pre-One Tamriel. Lots of guilds and groups of RPers have a big mercenary barracks, house, tavern, bathhouse, castle, or a seedy criminal hideout and it's possible to add the names of the big RP hub guilds to specific homes.

Then basically any RPer from any of the hubs on the list that knows about your username and house can gain access. I've been thinking that a sticky thread would be nice to add to the forums, something where anyone can list their house and how to gain access, what are the rules, etc.

I mentioned that all of this is possible, but it does seem improbable because I'm talking about roleplayers, a herd of cats can have better organization than a herd of RPers.
  • dactorionb16_ESO
    Talking bout bath-houses; I actually made a Khajiit bath house out of Sleek Creek. It's open for public as far as I know. Character name: R'asha-dar.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SantieClaws

When are you going to find a nice Khajiit and settle down with instead of hopping around from house to house?
    Edited by idk on August 18, 2017 8:56PM
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first looked at Hakkvild's High Hall, I thought it could be a really nice bath house if you had 'bodies of water' furnishings. A big bath in the main building, and several small dwemer 'whirpools' in the outdoors area surrounding the main building.
    Edited by Incognitius on August 18, 2017 9:02PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SantieClaws

When are you going to find a nice Khajiit and settle down with instead of hopping around from house to house?

Ah the heart of this one you know it will always belong to Bumnog yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws