Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Is It Time for a Company Stmt on What is Going on With This Game?

Decon98b16_ESO
Decon98b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Imo, I think the player base should have an executive message addressing all these issues, bugs being introduced, previous functioning aspects breaking, lag,
unable to login, bugs not been fixed, and how this game is tested prior to releasing content - just to name a few.

I believe that this company needs to own up to what has been happening since the pvp event.
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking about this week, this month, this year...or since launch? You need to be more specific. -_-
    Options
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo, I think the player base should have an executive message addressing all these issues, bugs being introduced, previous functioning aspects breaking, lag,
    unable to login, bugs not been fixed, and how this game is tested prior to releasing content - just to name a few.

I believe that this company needs to own up to what has been happening since the pvp event.

It goes back waaaaay farther than that.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

It goes back waaaaay farther than that.

You mean back to the age of the dinosaurs?

dinosaur-animated-gif-14.gif
    Options
  • Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, they can't take any dev resources off of adding crown crate items to address this.
    Options
  • Necromantis
    What's an executive message?

Is there something that we can do about all these issues, will ZoS listen to us?

And Y T F is there yet another maintenance?
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't.

What is there to say? Should they admit they have failed at improving Cyrodill and never will despite their promises? Should they admit their game has become horrendous in game performance and that producing new content to sell far outweighs any incentive to fix terrible game performance/servers? None of this produces cash.

Business-wise, it is better to flaunt how many accounts have been created on ESO, hire streamers to show off content, and push out more content than to fix their deteriorating game. It is likely too late to fix it, and I highly doubt they could even if they tried. Not like you can wave a wand and get stuff fixed. They would have to spend 3-6 months on an "Operation Health" (R6S) type of update to even attempt such a fix meaning no new content and no guaranteed improvements.

Options
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    They can't.

What is there to say? Should they admit they have failed at improving Cyrodill and never will despite their promises? Should they admit their game has become horrendous in game performance and that producing new content to sell far outweighs any incentive to fix terrible game performance/servers? None of this produces cash.

Business-wise, it is better to flaunt how many accounts have been created on ESO, hire streamers to show off content, and push out more content than to fix their deteriorating game. It is likely too late to fix it, and I highly doubt they could even if they tried. Not like you can wave a wand and get stuff fixed. They would have to spend 3-6 months on an "Operation Health" (R6S) type of update to even attempt such a fix meaning no new content and no guaranteed improvements.

No time like the present to start that update.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Thank you for your continued patience ."
    Options
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Jamascus wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    They can't.

No time like the present to start that update.

I agree; as a long term player I would much rather have 6 months of no new content if it meant a lot of these issues were to be improved upon.
    Options
  • Necromantis
    These are the things that I'd really like them to work on: (not necessarily in this order)
    * Lag; in Overlands, Dungeons and in Cyrodiil.
    * Disconnects
    * Long Loading Screens When doing Dolmen Runs.
    * Memory Leakage (Not sure if it's still happening, but I kinda feel it)
    * GUILDS. It seems like no matter what You have to get Your guild a Guild Trader, which is Crap IMHO! Otherwise people are missing out on Sales. Please Get rid of this horrid Guild Trader System and Implement an AH similar to the one they've currently in WoW.
    * Storage. Way not fair to new players who don't have their own personal Guild Bank and don't wont to subscribe to ESO plus. It's really dumb that people have to make ALTS and toss crap back and forth between those. What a time sink!!!

Here are some suggestions that I know most community is not crazy about, and that would probably disagree with me:
    *Flying Mounts instead of Wayshrines. Keep way-shrines only near dolmens. Perhaps only in the Alik'r Dessert Dolmens.
    *Styles/Motifs for the whole set instead of individual pieces. For weapons as well. For example: if you're a blacksmith and you get some kind of a Motif, that motif should apply to all those weapons.
    * Next time YOu drop an XPAC make it another continent as big as the first... Or maybe You should have Developed all of the other zones including Morrowind. IMHO it's not fair that You give people one big continent as an XPAC when the original Game Map is so much bigger.

Options
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Disconnects

i cant even remember the last time this happened and im not even in the same country.
    * GUILDS. It seems like no matter what You have to get Your guild a Guild Trader, which is Crap IMHO! Otherwise people are missing out on Sales. Please Get rid of this horrid Guild Trader System and Implement an AH similar to the one they've currently in WoW.

a trade chat channel might be a simpler way of dealing with this. im all for destroying trade guilds.
    * Storage. Way not fair to new players who don't have their own personal Guild Bank and don't wont to subscribe to ESO plus. It's really dumb that people have to make ALTS and toss crap back and forth between those. What a time sink!!!

what? not fair? to players who have exactly the same options as other players? you want double bank? subscribe. if you are too cheap, you dont get it. i bet you arent a sub with comments like that.
    Here are some suggestions that I know most community is not crazy about, and that would probably disagree with me:
    *Flying Mounts instead of Wayshrines. Keep way-shrines only near dolmens. Perhaps only in the Alik'r Dessert Dolmens.

this would be cool, but wow already did it. this took a lot of effort as they had to redo tonnes of graphics when they released flying mounts. you dont get flying mounts in other ES games, i dont really think we should here. and keep wayshrines near dolmens? why should they? people other than dolmen bots play the game too you know.
    *Styles/Motifs for the whole set instead of individual pieces. For weapons as well. For example: if you're a blacksmith and you get some kind of a Motif, that motif should apply to all those weapons.
    * Next time YOu drop an XPAC make it another continent as big as the first... Or maybe You should have Developed all of the other zones including Morrowind. IMHO it's not fair that You give people one big continent as an XPAC when the original Game Map is so much bigger.

whats not fair about the size of morrowind zone? do you even understand the meaning of the word?
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much agree on the motifs. So sick of pages.
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My best guess is that they are outsourcing code projects to multiple different external providers. It is really the only reasonable explanation.
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's an executive message?

Is there something that we can do about all these issues, will ZoS listen to us?

And Y T F is there yet another maintenance?

Clearly, stuff is broke.

XD
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has shown a pattern that they have not learned from of just don't give a crap. That pattern being releasing new content that has not been thoroughly tested and all bugs fixed prior to being put on the live server. They have a PTS but do not effectively use it or fix a majority of the problems being reported during the new content testing. Time and time again when new content has been released issues involving broken content, server down time etc etc have plagued the game. Their response "We will address this or that issue next patch" or "We are taking the server down in response to an ongoing issue". So in a nut shell each update adds more problems to the growing list of problems. It's my opinion its total incompetence on the part of the entire ZOS organization and frankly there is no excuse for it. Until they stop releasing content that is not ready for the live server issue after issue will plague the game.
    Options
  • mrfixit505
    I never understood why they don't have an auction house, I Hate the system in place now, wastes too much time.
    Options
  • SixVoltCar
    SixVoltCar
    ✭✭✭
    Remember that time beta was so full of progress blocking bugs that we'd hit walls, and then in the next test, those walls were 1 quest further?
    Options
  • SixVoltCar
    SixVoltCar
    ✭✭✭
    mrfixit505 wrote: »
    I never understood why they don't have an auction house, I Hate the system in place now, wastes too much time.

Because subhumans abuse central economies with merching and botting. Go home.
    Options
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should but I doubt they will. The experience over the past three weeks has been the proverbial nail in the coffin for me.

Tonight I'm pre-purchasing the GW2 expansion with the money I would have used for my next three month sub. No more crown purchases from me either. I'll deal with the loss of bank space and the craft bag by only logging in to do mount training, writs and crafting research till I'm rank 9. After that we'll see. The onus is on ZOS to claw back an iota of trust before I consider paying them again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Options
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    SixVoltCar wrote: »
    mrfixit505 wrote: »

Because subhumans abuse central economies with merching and botting. Go home.

But the same thing is happening in ESO...
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honest suggestion.

Just quit and find another game, maybe consider returning in late 2018 or 2019
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My best guess is that they are outsourcing code projects to multiple different external providers. It is really the only reasonable explanation.

Or the communication between the teams in the office is just as bad as it is with the player base.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on August 18, 2017 1:06PM
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time for ZOS to either turn the game over to someone else or GET IT TOGETHER.
    Options
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOmeone should sue the company for all the time they wasted on this broken game that's only gotten progressively worse do to the incompetence of whoever is calling the shots.

Just like they did with Jagex
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to take a break from PVP so I could focus on the PVE aspects of the game.

Honestly, I was absolutely floored by just how bad the game performs. In PVP you somewhat accept it's just the way it is. In PVE, I wasn't expecting something as simple as a weapon swap to be such a struggle.
    Options
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »
    Are we talking about this week, this month, this year...or since launch? You need to be more specific. -_-

Richard Lambert has already covered this rather succinctly, if somewhat lacking in correct punctuation or helpful information.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
    Options
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP asks "is it time for ZOS to make a statement" etc...etc...

and I think...No. Why is NOW the time vs any other time?

why should I feel ZOS is somehow obligated to "make a statement" as if my personal comments on the forums were somehow authoritative enough to force some kind of response from the devs

for example
    ZOS - the player base "deserves" an official statement about why you won't make a global trading system like so many people have demanded for so long...

well, as it turns out, ZOS !!HAS!! made official statements about not including a global trading AH system. Numerous times, from what I understand. Again and again they've mentioned, in posts, in podcasts, and wherever else it's been coming from, that they WANT the AH system to work more or less the way it is.

Now, of course, there's always been a (possibly large, DEFINITELY vocal) segment of the population that has been unable to accept that answer, because they want a different answer. And EVERY WEEK since launch, sometimes several times a week, there's been a post "demanding" that ZOS implement a feature that ZOS never wanted to implement, as if individual players had any authority or power to demand ANYTHING

do I have PERSONAL desires about what I'd like to see in the game - OF COURSE! I'd love to see lag disappear, I'd love to see the fing crown crates crawl into a hole and die, I'd like to see the "limited time only" crown items knock it the f*** off with this limited time bull and just stick around until I have the crowns I want to buy them...etc...etc...

but I under no circumstance imagine that I'm somehow ENTITLED to the above changes. Sure, some solid performance upgrades "feel" like they oughta be an obvious area of improvement, but you know what - I know 2 *** less than nothing about programming - I have no idea where the lag comes from or how hard it would be to get rid of it, and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players know as little or even less about it than I do. Watching them come onto the forums day after day and proclaim with divine certainty that such-and-such a problem MUST be fixed because yada yada I want I want bugs the hell oughta me

so no - I do NOT think it's time ZOS made a statement about whatever. ZOS makes statements all the time, and many of the issues you believe they HAVE to make a statement about they have already made statements about - you're just not accepting the statement because it's saying something you don't like to hear

if ZOS *had* to make statements every time the 4 people in the community all posted about something they don't like, I imagine ZOS would be wasting at least as much time and resources on responding to community entitlement threads as they do on the fing crates - and that would be at least twice as much waste as I'm currently comfortable with

so no - I do NOT feel that ZOS owes the player base a statement. They'll make statements when they're damn good and ready, and if I notice them and have a chance I'll read the statement and believe it (or not) and continue playing the game (or not) depending on how far they've gone in one direction or another that I like or don't like

it's their game - I WANT it to be better, I would LIKE it to be more the way I want it to be, but it's their game - I'll play it as long as I like it and when I reach a point when I don't, I'll stop

that is all that ZOS owes me, and all that I owe ZOS, as far as I'm concerned

Edited by phermitgb on August 18, 2017 1:30PM
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »
    THWIP71 wrote: »

Richard Lambert has already covered this rather succinctly, if somewhat lacking in correct punctuation or helpful information.

That's the creative director of the game, folks.

Options
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol here is your company statement
    "This game is a PoS, we know it is and we won't fix it because the majority of you are casual and those that aren't should be. Better games that make ESO look like the xbox original will be coming out in the next few months, so if you are still playing this that is your own fault"

"Additionally, Our team consists of interns, temporary undergrads and indian coders, so don't ever expect it to function well, we just stick it together with a pritt stick"
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the things that I'd really like them to work on: (not necessarily in this order)
    * Lag; in Overlands, Dungeons and in Cyrodiil.
    * Disconnects

Lag is complex, good luck
    See above
    More specific? Load screens can be long regardless, you are loading
    Every program in existence has some level of memory leaks... Good luck
    WoW AH sucks balls. Everything is price-fixed by a couple of people per server
    Eh, so they dont want to pay and want to complain? Seems like their problem
    Dear god no, flying mounts ruined wow
    They did that early on, they were super rare. Motifs are a grind on purpose. Better than how rare imperial motif is by a long shot. Also increases trade
    Maybe? Given you reference wow, even they dont make new continents bigger than the base game...
    Options