Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is Wulfharth?

Shardan4968
Shardan4968
✭✭✭✭✭
Ysmir Wulfharth, Dragon of the North, Shor's Tongue, the Grey Wind, the Storm of Kyne, the Kingmaker, the Ash-King. If you have played TES games you propably heard at least one of those titles. I don't want to discuss his future as Underking, his connection with Tiber Septim and Zurin Arctus or all other theories about him.
I didn't hear much about him in ESO, but as far as I know he has been summoned by Greybeards to help Jorunn the Skald-King and Almalexia defeat Kamal King Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal at the Red Mountain. We also know that he will ally with Talos, but what is happening with him during events of Elder Scrolls Online? Maybe I missed something, but I don't remember any word from him. Is he living with Greybeards at High Hrothgar or just wandering throughout Tamriel, but We never had occasion to meet him? I don't think that he came back to Sovngarde If he will meet Hjalti (Talos) soon. Anybody knows? I didn't do all quests in ESO, but I couldn't find anything about in Google.
Edited by Shardan4968 on August 8, 2017 7:14PM
PC/EU
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The lore isn't clear where he went, but it says he disappeared after the Kamal invasion in the 2nd era. ESO takes places a reasonable (a few years?) amount of time after the invasion, so we wouldn't see him. Also, I think Jorunn is too concerned about the 3 Banner War to worry about where he went.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    You might find your answers using the following two links.
    Also, read up about "The Warp in the West"
    Edited by Tai-Chi on August 8, 2017 7:06PM
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO takes places a reasonable (a few years?) amount of time after the invasion, so we wouldn't see him.

@WuffyCerulei About 10, because Jorunn became High King as a result of said invasion and they're having the tenth anniversary celebration for same in Eastmarch.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He probably goes back underground and goes back to sleep, as he hasn't fully regained his powers yet from his defeat at the Battle of Red Mountain is the most plausible explanation.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I know the answer now. I was in Skywatch and I found lorebook "Jorunn the Skald-King". There is written that Greybeards taught Jorunn thu'um which allows him to summon hero from Sovngarde to fight at his side. Skald-King summoned Wulfharth himself and with his aid, Nords, Argonians and Dunmers defeated Dir-Kamal. At the end of the book, there's written:

"The Ash-King, his purpose fulfilled, returned to Sovngarde. In Windhelm, three weeks later, Jorunn was crowned High King in the throne room of the Palace of Kings."

So answer is clear, Wulfharth returned to Sovngarde. But still there's a question how will he return to Tamriel and ally with Talos? Will Jorunn the Skald-King summon him again due to new threat? Another enigma in lore, I love it.
    PC/EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I know the answer now. I was in Skywatch and I found lorebook "Jorunn the Skald-King". There is written that Greybeards taught Jorunn thu'um which allows him to summon hero from Sovngarde to fight at his side. Skald-King summoned Wulfharth himself and with his aid, Nords, Argonians and Dunmers defeated Dir-Kamal. At the end of the book, there's written:

"The Ash-King, his purpose fulfilled, returned to Sovngarde. In Windhelm, three weeks later, Jorunn was crowned High King in the throne room of the Palace of Kings."

So answer is clear, Wulfharth returned to Sovngarde. But still there's a question how will he return to Tamriel and ally with Talos? Will Jorunn the Skald-King summon him again due to new threat? Another enigma in lore, I love it.
    According to the Arcturian Heresy, he is "woken" again by the Greybeards in time to seek out Talos. So I guess in the interim between Dir-Kamal and Talos, he's just hanging out in Sovngarde.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wulfharth is much like the Redguard god HoonDing. He reappears in times where Nord way of life is at risk, and in dire need of help. After the deed is done, he returns to Sovngarde, except for the last time where his soul was trapped and used as fuel for the Numidium in Tiber Septim's conquest of Tamriel.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer