Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stealing: Treasure

Easily_Lost
Easily_Lost
✭✭✭✭✭
When you steel items that are marked Treasure, do they go toward any Achievement or are they only to be sold?
PC - NA - AD
started April 2015
PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stealing will level your ledgerman skill line, and selling and fencing stolen goods have achievements that go with them.
    Thieves guild offers several achievements also.
    Also picking open world chests and selling and fencing will level your skill line
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that selling an fencing will level your Ledgerman skill line.
    What I am asking, should the items marked a Treasure be sold or laundered at the Fence?
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are going for the laundring achivment there is no benefit to laundering you treasures. You can sell them without having to worry.
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    There is a TG questline repeatable, called COVETEOUS COUNTESS (from the board, I get mine in the abahs landing one), but the things you steal are used in that quest. Go to the board and keep backing out until you get that mission. It starts with Esteemed Thieves. But the treasures are basically junk, you cant do anything with them. Some sound really cool also.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am asking, should the items marked a Treasure be sold or laundered at the Fence?

Are these things Gold in your inventory? Can't Launder or Fence them? If so, they may be part of the loot for Kari's Hit List. Go to the Refuge in Hew's Bane to put it away.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its useless for anything else outside the COVETEOUS COUNTESS quests.
    You generally want to sell them unless saving up for that quest, they can not be used for anything else.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was advised to fence green and higher items that are worth more gold, and to launder the cheapie white stuff and then sell to merchant. I think you get more xp for fencing the more valuable something is, and then laundering is like your extra leftover stuff that you can get a few more xp for. So I just launder stuff I want to keep like maps, and then stuff that is clogging up my inventory that isn't worth much in laundering xp.