The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

walk of shame

Yakidafi
Yakidafi
✭✭✭✭✭
my eyes decieve me, thought it said 1090 not 1290......
67596183.jpgnhvt1.jpg

Edited by Yakidafi on August 17, 2017 7:30PM
Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
PC EU/NA
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on destruction staff passives
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Elaborate? Was unaware destruction passives gave any spell damage.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what makes it even stranger is that your ice staff is nirn, and you are comparing it to a charged lightning staff - your damage should actually be higher.

this post should really be in bug reports.

i suggest chaging the thread title to include the word but, hopefully someone will come along that can offer you more than confusion!

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Don't recall that they do.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think they are thinking of ancient knowledge which increases your actual damage done - but not your 'stats'
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i think they are thinking of ancient knowledge which increases your actual damage done - but not your 'stats'

My guess as well, but I main stam with only one heathen mag DPS, so I might have been missing something :)
  • Nussi28
    Nussi28
    ✭✭
    I think it's the nirn trait. 14% increase for epic.
    The pics show 1132 for the lightning staff and 1290 for ice staff. That's exactly 14% more.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nussi28 wrote: »
    I think it's the nirn trait. 14% increase for epic.
    The pics show 1132 for the lightning staff and 1290 for ice staff. That's exactly 14% more.

yes but OP is reporting that once equipped the damage of the ice staff is actually lower!
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    This may seem like a silly question, and forgive me for asking it, but did you swap to your ice staff when you were looking at your stats? In the image, it looks like you have the ice staff highlighted to view the stats on your second weapon, but your first weapon is active. For the lightning staff, it looks like you are highlighting the weapon in your 1st weapon slot, and that weapon is currently active.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it on the same bar?
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming, based on your pics, that they are on different bars. Check your sorc abilities, you may have more on one bar, benefiting from the passive that gives spell damage.
    Edited by DjMuscleboy02 on August 17, 2017 6:56PM
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    You are on your primary bar for both screenshots, your spell damage would be the same because you have a lightning staff in use for both.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming, based on your pics, that they are on different bars. Check your sorc abilities, you may have more on one bar, benefiting from the passive that gives spell damage.
    true that forgot the dmg buff I got from skills, though the tooltip stay the same + I am a warden
    xRIVALENx wrote: »
    You are on your primary bar for both screenshots, your spell damage would be the same because you have a lightning staff in use for both.

yea.. I do not complain about them being the same. ;)
    PC EU/NA
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    true that forgot the dmg buff I got from skills, though the tooltip stay the same + I am a warden
    xRIVALENx wrote: »

yea.. I do not complain about them being the same. ;)

Apologies, you are correct. What tooltips does this affect?
    Edited by xRIVALENx on August 17, 2017 7:05PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    updated post, was watching wrong on char sheet thought I had the lightning staff on when I had higher spell dmg but had the ice staff which is nirnhoned so was not the other way around, glad I figured that out. but the tooltip is still the same no matter and the phys/spell res is higher with ice staff aswell and it is not mentioned anywhere.
    Edited by Yakidafi on August 17, 2017 7:18PM
    PC EU/NA
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forget it, I am to tired, it is 1290 not 1090. I will have to rest my eyes.
    Edited by Yakidafi on August 17, 2017 7:24PM
    PC EU/NA
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    updated post, was watching wrong on char sheet thought I had the lightning staff on when I had higher spell dmg but had the ice staff which is nirnhoned so was not the other way around, glad I figured that out. but the tooltip is still the same no matter and the phys/spell res is higher with ice staff aswell and it is not mentioned anywhere.

The increase in resistance is from the "Bulwark" CP passive that was introduced with HotR. Details in the patch notes.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Solariken ty I forgot that one aswell
    PC EU/NA
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I forgot there were other magic builds than sorcs ;)
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger