The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Noob Tank, PUG Dungeon List

kvlou79
kvlou79
✭✭✭
So, I just completed my tank sets and I'm looking for a list of Easiest to Hardest dungeons to start on. I'm sure this will vary quite a bit, but wanna get some input. TIA
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With adequate tank spec; you may duo (yes a dps is still needed) most of the Normal dungeons.
    Except: Imperial City Prison, Ruins of Mazzatun and City of Ash II. These 3 are tough even under Normal mode with randoms (PUG) in my opinion.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WaltherCarraway Don't forget blackheart haven. That last boss's mechanic can screw you in a group of two.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank is not required in normal level :smile:
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kvlou79 wrote: »
    So, I just completed my tank sets and I'm looking for a list of Easiest to Hardest dungeons to start on. I'm sure this will vary quite a bit, but wanna get some input. TIA
    Obvious normal dungeons first and start with the 1 dungeons. afterward you can do both 2 and the ones with no 1 and 2, dlc last, repeat on veteran.
    Normal dungeons with low level group is nice places to train, they use time to kill bosses so you can practice but damage is low so its not much danger.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons with "1" easiest.
    Dungeons without number in alliance zones and cold harbour and not from dlc easy.
    Dungeons with "2" a bit tougher.
    Dlc dungeons hardest atm.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All the "I" versions of dungeons that have a "I" and a "II" are very easy.

Best thing about tanking a PUG is that you can hand pick the one dungeon you want to do in the LFG tool and you'll still get a group in seconds.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    @WaltherCarraway Don't forget blackheart haven. That last boss's mechanic can screw you in a group of two.

Oh thanks for saying that; i totally missed it, maybe more... Yes, blackheart haven will be painful to duo especially the last one. I think FG2 second boss kinda painful for duo group as well?
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Oh thanks for saying that; i totally missed it, maybe more... Yes, blackheart haven will be painful to duo especially the last one. I think FG2 second boss kinda painful for duo group as well?

My wife and I just duoed Blackheart Haven for the first time a few days ago. Perhaps not coincendentally, it was the first time she brought a real tank. (Warden, w/ the healing ultimate and well over 30K health.)

I was on a magicka sorcerer with healing pet -- actually dual pet/heavy attack -- who on his best day parses 20K on a test dummy, and can fall below 10K in a live single-target fight that has survivability challenges.

Mainly, I ignored the archer adds. But when a couple of them stood together, then I burned them down.

Pulling the boss a little up the path helps -- well, it helps a little w/ bunching the adds together.

This would not have worked in vet mode, I'm pretty sure. :)

We've never done Fungal Grotto 2 successfully, because of the fight you mentioned; it's a DPS check for whichever player isn't chained. No matter what your build is otherwise, for that fight I'd go with 2 DPS set-ups.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 17, 2017 12:45AM
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also try to avoid FGII and DCII with Pugs. If they don't know the mechanics you will wipe far too many times with Gaymne Bandu in FGII and The Engine Guardian in DCII. Just try and do DCII with two low level melee DPS characters in your group and you will see what I mean.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Dungeons with "1" easiest.
    Dungeons without number in alliance zones and cold harbour and not from dlc easy.
    Dungeons with "2" a bit tougher.
    Dlc dungeons hardest atm.
    This.

Good luck, OP!

ccfeeling wrote: »
    Tank is not required in normal level :smile:
    You're missing the point entirely. The OP is learning and normals are the best place to start. Going into vet mode dungeons, especially through the group finder, with no tanking experience is a terrible idea.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bad" groups aren't neccessarily bad for learning purposes. Yes, they are most likely going to wipe a bunch of times, and it will take some time (maybe hours), but it is a great opportunity to figure out how certain mechanics actually work, even on normal mode. If you got a good group that just rushes through the dungeon, you won't learn much.

DC2 was pretty much the only (non DLC) dungeon of which i knew the mechanics before starting to run vet dungeons, simply because on my first ever DC2 run i ended up together with other new players who had never done this dungeon before. So we were 4 clueless noobs, all <lvl30, and had to figure out by ourselves, how to do this dugeon. And we did it. Not without wipes and quite some time spent, but it was still a fun and informative experience.
    Edited by Rianai on August 17, 2017 9:34AM