Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Subscription on PS4

Kendah
Kendah
✭✭
Hello,

I have started playing ESO on PS4 recently, found out it's mandatory to subscribe to PS plus to do that, then comes the matter of ESO plus, I like its benefits, but do I have to pay another subscription to enjoy it? for PC its only one sub, ESO plus, was trying to google and search, but found out contradicting information.

Thank you for the help
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats exactly the question? You already answerd it by yourself if i understand you correctly.

ps4: you wil need ps plus to play the game - like 99% of all the other online games for the ps4.
    pc: no need to pay for an additional service to play online.

PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would play the game and see if it's something you enjoy enough to pay the subscription before deciding to subscribe or not. IMO it's worth paying the subscription, but it's not mandatory.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Kendah
    Kendah
    ✭✭
    I know its not mandatory, Am trying to understand what is the huge advantage of PS4 over PC to make the game more expensive. I cant figure it out, maybe am missing something here, for me its the controller, which I can still use on PC as well, right?

Apology if I wasn't clear about my inquiry.

Also, while searching for my answer, some results say 2 subs & others are quite the opposite which got me confused.

Edit: Nevermind, guess I ll have figure out this myself. Thanks anyway.
    Edited by Kendah on August 16, 2017 3:55PM
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendah wrote: »
    I know its not mandatory, Am trying to understand what is the huge advantage of PS4 over PC to make the game more expensive. I cant figure it out, maybe am missing something here, for me its the controller, which I can still use on PC as well, right?

Apology if I wasn't clear about my inquiry.

Also, while searching for my answer, some results say 2 subs & others are quite the opposite which got me confused.

Edit: Nevermind, guess I ll have figure out this myself. Thanks anyway.

No need for an apology :wink:
    PS4 games are usually more expensive than pc games - doesnt matter the game. Just take a look at upcoming releases, console version is usually 10-20€ more expensive than the pc version. Its also one reason i dont like to buy my games online, psn versions are often more expensive than the disc version, why? i dont know...

PS4 EU - StamDK
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    @Kendah You do know you are talking about 2 different systems/platforms. Its not ESO's fault that PS4 has PS+ to play online (PS+ is a service to play on SONY SERVERS (PS3 still doesnt charge BTW), not on ESO SERVERS) knor is it their fault that MS charges for XBOX to play online. You DO NOT need ESO+ to play ESO!!! ESO+ is more for the bottomless crafting bag, you get a 10% bonus for certain things, with a monthly sub you get FREE CROWNS to spend in the crown store, as well as DLC's are FREE with ESO+ sub. But you don't need ESO+ to play monthly.
    Edited by mrdiamond666 on August 16, 2017 8:21PM