The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soulgem Crate and Item Previews

Silufadumar
Silufadumar
✭✭✭
Just bought the Soulgem crate thinking it would look good to have a crate of soulgems next to my enchanting and alchemy stations, mixed with some of the other magical paraphernalia you can obtain I thought, 'yeh, this should add a little magical touch and look good'.

ITS AN EMPTY BOX!

Really ZOS, an empty box!?... This is an achievement item and its just an empty box, are we supposed to spend a load of our precious item slots and sacks full of gold on replica soulgems to fill it!? We can do that with any crate or trough! This item should look like its full of soulgems, please fix ZOS.

And while your at it, add the ability to see a preview of the items we are considering buying to the Xbox and Playstation versions so we can properly see what we're getting. This is available on PC and we console players get the option while crafting or placing items, so why not when we want to buy something. This seems like a silly and very inconvenient omission.
Edited by Silufadumar on August 16, 2017 1:42PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just bought the Soulgem crate thinking it would look good to have a crate of soulgems next to my enchanting and alchemy stations, mixed with some of the other magical paraphernalia you can obtain I thought, 'yeh, this should add a little magical touch and look good'.

ITS AN EMPTY BOX!

Really ZOS, an empty box!?... This is an achievement item and its just an empty box, are we supposed to spend a load of our precious item slots and sacks full of gold on replica soulgems to fill it!? We can do that with any crate or trough! This item should look like its full of soulgems, please fix ZOS.

And while your at it, add the ability to see a preview of the items we are considering buying to the Xbox and Playstation versions so we can properly see what we're getting. This is available on PC and we console players get the option while crafting or placing items, so why not when we want to buy something. This seems like a silly and very inconvenient omission.

I, too, was disappointed to find that it was an empty box. Mine is sitting next to my enchanting station, though. I filled it with one of the soul gems you can purchase from the achievement vendor. There are two, I think, and one of them is really big and pretty much fills the whole box. I then also have one of the smaller ones in there with it. It looks pretty decent.
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭

ITS AN EMPTY BOX!

One positive thing about the crate being empty is that you can fill it with other items. For example, I used one for alchemy ingredients/plants and one for crystals. I agree that the item limit is frustrating but there are a number of replica soul gem furnishings that can be used to fill the crate, for instance:

Replica Black Soul Gem
    Replica Soul Gem
    Soul Gem, Single

Lesser Soul Gem, Empty
    Common Soul Gem, Empty
    Soul Gem, Great (have yet to see but it's mentioned in the new patch notes)