The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

NPC's for homes

JKoBnZ
JKoBnZ
Ok so forgive me if there is post about this already. Just wandering if anybody else would want to have npc's like servants, or even people that you help in the game frequent your house/houses. Just feel like the houses are dull and kind of lonely feeling.

Might just be me but does anyone else feel the same?
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there are multiple threads on this subject. Personally, I can't see being a Lord (owning one of the mansions) or Count (owning all 3) and NOT having servants.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can have Nuzimeh, the banker and that khajitlady from thiefsguild in you house. But yeah, other NPC would be cool.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make sense for larger homes to come with special "NPC servant slots"... not to place your NPC servants as immobile furniture, but to have them a completely new category, able to move around your home, with varying animations... so, a cleaning servant might sweep floors (like some we can see in inns for example), a cook servant may move from one kitchen table to the other and do the "cooking" animation, a guard servant might patrol, a bard servant might sing for a while, then stop to get a drink, then sing some more, a dancing girl servant might dance, then stop to rest and idle a bit, then dance some more... etc.
    There even could be special classes of homestead NPCs... for those who really want an NPC waifu? :p;) (or children who greet their parent when they come home from their life of adventure?)

It would open up a entirely new range of things to sell in the crown store for ZOS, servant NPCs in varying configurations (like, the cleaning servant could come in every race, from breton serf to argonian maid... and possibly even in several appearance "ranks", from lowly barmaid in threadbare apron to fancy noble servants in silk livery...)

The possibilities for servant customization are endless as well, could be as little or as much as ZOS wants to code for us to spend crowns on... we could have a whole "servant customization" tab, where we could slot different hairstyles, makeup, outfits and professions (for the animations they will follow while moving around our homes - like, guard servant, cleaning servant, etc. - there could even be advanced professions as upgrades with limited interactions, like the basic maid just cleans and ignored the player, but the advanced maid profession would also stop their cleaning and bow to their "master" when the player character passes them in the hallways, etc.)

They could even make the basic servant purchasable (well, hire-able, unless you are one of those telvanni slaver scum!) with gold, in varying regions (hire a dunmer dancing girl from a random selection in ebonheart, or an argonian maid in stormhold, or a nord guard in windhelm, etc.) or attainable from quests or achievements (save the breton damsel in distress, gain an ever faithful servant? Purchase a manor and find it comes with a butler?) and then just sell the customization options in the crown store for those who want to have their servants personalized (and let's be honest, we all would want that, yes?)
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a Soul Shriven available on the crown store for 640 crowns as of Horns of the Reach.
    He doesnt do anything but stand there and looked depressed, but thats typical behavior for one who's spirit has been broken by Molag Bal.
    Still, he makes a nice concierge slave, or perhaps the concierge himself if you could have them "sit" on things.
    Screenshot_20170815_164833.png
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKoBnZ wrote: »
    Ok so forgive me if there is post about this already. Just wandering if anybody else would want to have npc's like servants, or even people that you help in the game frequent your house/houses. Just feel like the houses are dull and kind of lonely feeling.

Might just be me but does anyone else feel the same?

i Love this idea!
    would be so Awesome!
    i vote Yes! do it please Ty
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    There is also a Soul Shriven available on the crown store for 640 crowns as of Horns of the Reach.
    He doesnt do anything but stand there and looked depressed, but thats typical behavior for one who's spirit has been broken by Molag Bal.
    Still, he makes a nice concierge slave, or perhaps the concierge himself if you could have them "sit" on things.

what? this is available right now in crown store?
    and only 640 Crowns to own him?
    it's Perfect! thank you!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was that a joke or something? he is not in the crown store.
    why you said that?
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    Undead servants for me please! lol
    Skeletal butler
    hell hounds
    spiders (all varieties)
    scorpions
    full sized skeletons for putting in cages/gibbit etc.
    you see where I am going I am sure.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »

this is serious depress me, i looked at everything possible to purchase and that dude just aint in the crown store.
    not funny, and not cool to have said it is in crown store. :(
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is serious depress me, i looked at everything possible to purchase and that dude just aint in the crown store.not funny, and not cool to have said it is in crown store. :(
    Uh...he's right here for me. Not sure why you cant/dont see him there...

soul_shriven_01.PNG
  • JKoBnZ
    JKoBnZ
    Might be on pc only
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was added at HotR so yes PC only for now

I want humanoid guys to feed on and reduce my vampire stage :D

• OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I want humanoid guys to feed on and reduce my vampire stage :D
    Just feed from the training dummies.
    For whatever reason, all the skeletons have "Blood" that you can drain from them.

• Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭
    I will basically always be there for hoping we can hire bards for our houses.
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer
  • JKoBnZ
    JKoBnZ
    I just thought there would be at least a few quests that would end with the option to send them to your house to work for you. Could have even been a skill line to do so. I have no real reason to go to my house. I bought the Ebonheart Chateau (yes with crowns lol) and now it feels like a huge waste.
  • Silufadumar
    Silufadumar
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of us would love to have npc's in our homes and there are many threads on it. Here are some of my thoughts on the subject.

While having npc's wander around our homes is a lovely idea, I'm not sure they could implement it. We all decorate our homes differently and thus can have completely different layouts to each other even in the same home. I think this makes it very difficult for ZOS to program paths for npc's to take.

However, static npc's would be no problem. A few of these are already available, like the banker or trader and we can place them wherever we want within our homes. With those in mind it should be relatively simple to add other static npc's for us to earn or buy.

Acquiring npc's: for those npc's we need to buy, prices should be inline with other furniture items, as this is essentially what they would be without the associated benefits of the current banker and trader. They could be sorted as current furniture items are also, by type and race (with added option of gender).

Earned npc's: there should be more opportunity to earn npc's, or at least earn access to certain npc's and be able to buy them with in-game gold. Guards and apprentices associated with the factions and guilds found in the game would be a good example of this. These npc's would become available to hire only after completing their factions associated main storyline.

Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts on the matter, I'd love to see some or all them implemented... hint hint ZOS.
  • JKoBnZ
    JKoBnZ
    Yeah I see your point. Would have been cool though to get someone like Caldwell to be at your home lol