Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion thread for "Horns of the Reach DLC Game Pack Now Live on PC & Mac!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
3589a14f42cabeca7ff49bbcd86a4bb2.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Horns of the Reach DLC Game Pack Now Live on PC & Mac! blog article.

A new threat of man and beast plagues the Jerall Mountains. Are you ready to face the Dreadhorn Clan in the Horns of the Reach? Check out our launch article for all the details on this new DLC game pack, available with Update 15!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE CHANGES

funny_obama1.jpg
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base changes are welcomed PvE had gotten stale with clear BIS sets, one Mundus, one setup and robotic rotations etc.

Its great that different gear, setups etc will all be within a few %. From this starting point perhaps buffing the lesser used sets to get up into the top ten would also be ace (but with any Buff's PvE needs to get harder - it should scale up to CP cap, not stop at 160)

Unsure why Shadow was changed to a Nerf, as it wasn't ahead on PTS so would have thought that's removed it as an option that offered some good PvP diversity.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for this! One of the best base game patches.

• Warrilad
    Warrilad
    ✭✭
    The mobs in new dungeons dont die when at 0% it take a further 3-5 seconds. Annoying
    Warri
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One patch to rule them all.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or did anyone else's max stats drop after patch? My Max health is exactly the same, but Max magicka and Spell crit both went down. I don't understand this as I am wearing Julianos and Elegance... I thought the 2,3,4 piece bonuses to crit and max magicka would mean I had a larger pool. Am I looking at something wrong?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't encountered any problems yet with the base game changes, indeed if I hadn't read the forum and installed a patch I wouldn't have noticed there had been one!

The dungeons DLC doesn't appeal to me so I shan't be running that or buying it outside of my subs. However, I'm happy for those who do enjoy group dungeons that they have more content.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    I am losing interest in playing the game since it seems to be focusing more on group content. Is there going to be solo friendly PvE content anytime soon?
  • Chackan
    Chackan
    ✭✭
    Where in the map does Horns of the Reach take place?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Chackan You mean where are the entrances to the dungeons? They're both in Craglorn. If you mean where are the dungeons themselves located in Tamriel, as far as I can tell Bloodroot Forge is in Craglorn, and Falkreath Hold is of course in Skyrim.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom What time is this dropping on the 29th on PS4? I can't find the exact time.
  • Chackan
    Chackan
    ✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome well, both :)

Thanks for the answer.

I'm still getting used to the Map of Tamriel and its locations!

For example, I don't know where in Tamriel the other DLCs occur lol
  • TheDPFamily
    Impressive overall release schedule!

Jun 15. Imperial City. Groups.
    Nov 15. Orsinium. Solo player.
    Mar 16. Thieves Guild. Solo player.
    May 16. Dark Brotherhood. Solo player.
    Jun 16. One Tamriel. Groups, base game patch, not a DLC.
    Aug 16. Shadows of the Hist. Groups.
    Feb 17. Homestead. Crafters, base game patch, not a DLC.
    Jun 17. Morrowind. Solo players and groups, not a DLC.
    Aug 17. Horns of the Reach. Groups.

Such a shame though that the last time a DLC was released for solo players was way back in May 16. This latest DLC is particularly taunting as it opens up Falkreath, but not for the solo player...
  • basketcaseNZ
    basketcaseNZ
    ✭✭
    There's no overland map? Falkreath Hold is a dungeon in Craglorn? But the trailer clearly shows an outdoor area. And everything is group play, no single player? I personally dislike group dungeons. People rush through them as quickly as possible and I either get left behind or booted because I'm busy talking to the NPC. Why not make them public dungeons?
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's no overland map? Falkreath Hold is a dungeon in Craglorn? But the trailer clearly shows an outdoor area. And everything is group play, no single player? I personally dislike group dungeons. People rush through them as quickly as possible and I either get left behind or booted because I'm busy talking to the NPC. Why not make them public dungeons?

Because we haven't had new dungeons in a year, and a large chunk of player base really enjoy challenging 4 man content. There's new public dungeons in Morrowind.
    A new zone at Falkreath to explore would of been cool though.
    Edited by MattT1988 on August 31, 2017 8:40AM
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭
    shadoza wrote: »
    I am losing interest in playing the game since it seems to be focusing more on group content. Is there going to be solo friendly PvE content anytime soon?

Most of the game you can play solo. If you're particularly skilled you can even do dungeons solo. That said, ZM has done a lot to make the world more friendly for solo players. Craiglorn used to be a group-only area, but now even lower level players can run around without having to have someone hold their hand. One Tamriel in general was probably the biggest game changer that opened up the world for solo people to play wherever. Morrowind was JUST released as one of the biggest content additions and is almost entirely solo oriented. I personally haven't seen anything except for Trials that are strictly group oriented. Even some four-player dungeons people can do solo.

I don't mean to be rude, but when you ask "is there going to be solo friendly PvE content anytime soon" I feel the need to ask "have you played the game in the past 2 years?"
    "Loot boxes aren't the problem, RNG is." -Me
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭

I feel your pain with the four-player dungeons and people burning through them. This is why I like to play the dungeons first with just some good friends who either don't mind waiting for me to do story stuff or enjoy it as much as I do.

I also think that the newer dungeons play out better than the older ones what with more "cut scene" type experiences that have to play out before continuing rather than having to talk to NPCs. It makes me feel more like I'm participating in what happens. Having to talk to an NPC and "gather information" throws off the flow of the story unless it's at the beginning and/or end of the dungeon.
    "Loot boxes aren't the problem, RNG is." -Me
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    XRavishX wrote: »
    shadoza wrote: »

Most of the game you can play solo. If you're particularly skilled you can even do dungeons solo. That said, ZM has done a lot to make the world more friendly for solo players. Craiglorn used to be a group-only area, but now even lower level players can run around without having to have someone hold their hand. One Tamriel in general was probably the biggest game changer that opened up the world for solo people to play wherever. Morrowind was JUST released as one of the biggest content additions and is almost entirely solo oriented. I personally haven't seen anything except for Trials that are strictly group oriented. Even some four-player dungeons people can do solo.

I don't mean to be rude, but when you ask "is there going to be solo friendly PvE content anytime soon" I feel the need to ask "have you played the game in the past 2 years?"

It is not mean, but it is not a good answer either.

I have not played much since Morrowind went live. I haven't played much because I have nothing more to do then repeat what was already done. I am always under-geared for PvP so I avoid it. The cabals I had joined fell silent sometime last year. I can only play an hour or two at a time so looking for groups takes too much time, (who wants to run with an under-geared Champion 175.) If I ask where a solo player can get gear that is better than C160, I am greeted with rude statements or told to run dungeons. (Or some kind soul wants to make them for me.) I want to play the game; however, I cannot find how someone who plays solo most of the time can get advanced gear. I cannot run public dungeons, PvP, or other group content with "homemade" gear.

I purchased the game back when it went live. I have been paying for a sub since then as well. Currently, I would like to know if there will ever be something added into the game for solo. Perhaps not subbing and cutting my losses is the best answer. I still have Skyrim and Oblivion. No one to talk to because they are not shared-map (online) which is what I enjoy most with MMOs. I am feeling disheartened regarding the amount of group content available as it related to the amount of solo content available at the end-game level. Looking for a reason to stay.