Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Briarheart Proc

Hawco10
Hawco10
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys, apologies if this is a dumb question.
I got the briarheart set and I'm trying to find out how to know when it's proccing. Is there a sound or an animation ? I've been looking in my character screen mid fight to see if there any difference. Not a good idea I know !
I've only just got it, so any advice would be welcome.
Thanks very much.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, I love that set. I worked SO hard to get it when it first came out.

So it procs on critical damage. As such, you want to make sure your build is delivering 60%+ crit rating. This will keep it up close to its max. Look for skills with major savagery...camo/evil hunter on the bar if nothing else.

It's a pretty easy set to know procs. You will get an audio cue, which is supposed to sound like vines or crunchy leaves or something. And you'll get an animation of briarhearts vines around your wrists...they're gold and glowing and hard to miss.

Any crit damage can proc it, so DOTs and AOEs become your friend. Not sure what class yo are, but if nothing else Caltrops will force it to be in continual proc. Once it goes off, you can also see it on your character sheet for the ten second duration...or if you turn on your buff bar in settings.

I've used this on my stamblade, stam sorc and my stamplar. It's a great set. People are more into clever alchemist now, but I prefer this to the potion popping.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much ! I'm a Stam DK, I'll get the evil hunter on and start whacking away !
    Thanks again !
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a bow make sure to use endless hail or arrow barrage and poison injection. Caltrops too if you have it. It will raise the odds of proccing Briarheart quite a bit.