Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How can I overcome technical difficulties (missing shoulder buttons) on Xbox?

auronessb16_ESO
auronessb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Last week the RB button broke on my controller. A couple days later the LB button broke. I can use them to get through menus but it takes very precise press and slow control followed by putting the button back on. Quick use during battle is impossible. What I have been doing is keeping absolute essentials on the first 3 slots and putting in "get experience while slotted" in the LB, RB and Ultimate slots. I will be getting a new controller in the next couple of weeks, but I am handicapped at the moment.

What I'd like to hear, is what you would do if you only had 6 slots (3 front and 3 back) for your character. Think of it as an exercise in what is essential.

For myself, I can heal fairly well, but lack of Ultimate makes me a poor Healer in PvE or PVP. I don't even think about Delves, too much reliance on Ultimates and I can't hold up my position. Cyrodil isn't bad, I do a lot of siege engines, snap heals and resurrections. My DPS character is retired until I can get the new controller. I can't come up with a way to survive PvE without a full 10 slots.
Edited by auronessb16_ESO on August 13, 2017 12:12AM

Best Answer

• rockythedog1
    Put skills like inner light (mages guild) on your bumpers as they carry a passive buff as long as it is slotted on your active bar. I never actually cast it, except when I get a little too enthusiastic mid fight lol. But the buffs are to good to pass up, so it's worth "losing" a skill slot. Sounds perfect for your situation for now
    Answer ✓
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly had not though of passive buffs. So many things to learn. Thanks for the tip.
  • rockythedog1
    I'm still learning it all too lol. It's worth looking thru the skills too see if you can see things like major savagery/butchery or major prophecy, obviously depends if your room is Stam or mag for what too look for. Check out esoacademy website, there are good descriptions of the skills and morphs on there
  • ascottk
    ascottk
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few different controllers for xbox too (Elite, PDP, PowerA, SCUF) that have programmable buttons underneath the controllers.

Elite has a great design but the circuitry is too fragile (only one paddle button works for me now. I only use this when in groups & need a reliable mic... more on that later).

PDP is my favorite. They have scroll buttons underneath for a total of 6 buttons you can map. It's a little awkward at first & can't spam very well. I get a lot of complaints about my mic when using this in groups so I switch to the elite.

PowerA Fusion controllers have the opposite problem as Elite. The buttons are cheaply made but the circuitry is fine.

SCUF looks to be the best & most customizable but it's spendy but it's something I'd like to try some day.
    The nerf to intelligent internet discussion still hasn't been resolved.

The problem with above average intelligence is that you're treading a sea of idiots.