The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Selene's Web ending, bugged [intimidate] option? (spoilers)

Thrawniel
Thrawniel
✭✭✭
So, just ran Selene's web for the first time. Questgiver was obviously an ***, so I wanted to deny him his prize or just kill him, or at least report him to superiors, but when I finally got to intimidate him, it did literally nothing, he did not even sound intimidated.

That's the options I got.
http://i.imgur.com/f497us9.jpg

And that's the result of [intimidate]
http://i.imgur.com/2Nk3GPz.jpg

How in the world intimidating someone is altruistic???

Is that supposed to be this way or I got some weird bug?
Edited by Thrawniel on April 28, 2014 10:28PM
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday we've cought another bug. During last boss fight the web hadn't broken. We killed the boss, got achivement but cannot get down through the web to questgiver and complete it.

I think this MMOGPG should be called "The Elder Bugs Online"
    Edited by Stannum on April 30, 2014 6:17AM
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you happen to meet the bug with unbroken web (which is pretty nice actualy, coz you dont have to fight tons of adds then) you can simply go back to the start of the dungeon.
    The just go forward where you met first or second boss (dont remember exactly) you will find a quest giver there torturing your foe.
    There you will be able to turn in quest normaly and recieve your reward and skill point.
    Edited by killedbyping on April 30, 2014 7:53AM
  • mousekime111rwb17_ESO
    it's sarcasm like "no you can't have it" --- "aren't you generous"
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea the dungeons don't seem to allow multiple outcomes sadly.

Maybe it was a tech limitation and they wanted to allow you to kill the final NPC as an optional fight.. But no, you can pick the "DIE!" dialog, and no one dies.

(I might of saw some differnet dialog then you, as there was certainly an option to say your going to kill the final npc in that dungeon, not sure if thats the same dialog).

Possibly the dialog only bugs sometimes like that.. For my I had the option to kill him, tho it never worked anyways.

Each player in the group can also select a different choice is an issue (Should only allow the party leader to decide the fate of the npc).
    Edited by Axer on April 30, 2014 2:28PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    it's sarcasm like "no you can't have it" --- "aren't you generous"
    If it was worded like it, I would not come here. But for now it seems that NPC responds to some different option that I never got to see. It's just too out of place.

Axer wrote: »
    Each player in the group can also select a different choice is an issue (Should only allow the party leader to decide the fate of the npc).

If those story quests were repeatable, I would agree with you, but since they are one-time only, why some random person I do not even know should be allowed to decide outcome of my quest?

Phasing would solve multiply endings perfectly. Since you do not have to fight anymore after last boss, you could be placed in different phases depending on outcome, like with all the open locations quests.

Though, you pretty much answered my question. If you got different variants in that dialog, it means, something with mine did bug out. *sad panda*

• Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thrawniel wrote: »
    If those story quests were repeatable, I would agree with you, but since they are one-time only, why some random person I do not even know should be allowed to decide outcome of my quest?
    It's not random. YOU made the choice to play with them. Random is public dungeons sir. You decided to group with that guy. It showed you all along he had the lead (crown icon). You want more power? Lead your own groups. You want more trust with others? Form bonds, find friends and guild members and run with those you can trust to make the decisions you agree with.

Nothing random about it. You have choice. More then you know. Make the right ones and have fun.

(yes I agree group tools in this game SUCK hard. But you have other options.)
    Zone chat, forums, community sites, voice chat apps. Experiment.
    Thrawniel wrote: »
    Phasing would solve multiply endings perfectly. Since you do not have to fight anymore after last boss, you could be placed in different phases depending on outcome, like with all the open locations quests.

Though, you pretty much answered my question. If you got different variants in that dialog, it means, something with mine did bug out. *sad panda*
    Phase would be horrible imo.

Really the fun of it to me would be if intimdate unlocked another boss fight. That npc looked fairly bad ass..

And it's a group dungeon, so if it magically phased you out from your friends, then made you fight a GROUP DUGEON boss fight, solo.. Well that would not be fun.

Plus, role play and story wise, it wouldn't make any sense. Thoughout the whole dungeon, the story is about you and your party members, not just you. You aren't doing this all alone. For it to suddenly change at the last moment would be weird and unfun imo.
    Edited by Axer on April 30, 2014 3:12PM
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    No bossfights required. Just simple knifemurdering said NPC via dialog would suffice, like that heritance chick in Toothmaul Gully public dungeon, for example. As I said, this dialog happens after the bossfight, so no more fighting required.

As for NPC being badass, do not forget, that Vestige is like most powerful being in Tamriel at that time, so NPCs badassness does not really matter.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matters to me.

Ground dungeons should only offer group content.

Mixing the two would really annoy me, and many players. Even if it's just dialog.

Just look at how star wars tor handed group dialog if you want to see a good way to do it where its fair for all, even pugs.

Everyone having there own secret internal meeting is the worst way imo. (Also leads to severe bugs - in this game and every other mmo ive played that did it the same).
    Edited by Axer on April 30, 2014 5:02PM
  • Si_O_Si
    Si_O_Si
    Soul Shriven
    Just did the dungeon and... my bottled up impotent rage would fuel a small moon, no wait that's no moon.

It's OK to have *** NPC's. But then forcing us to silently agree with their actions (the torture point was already way past my tolerance) without having the option to bring them to justice at the end... just frustrating. And extremely potent at taking away any sense of player agency.

I should leave a dungeon feeling accomplishment, having a fun time with some challenges, not raging at the meta-level for writers who don't bother with finding ways to make interactive games... interactive.

Our deeds don't matter, hey, it's RL all over again!
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    Si_O_Si wrote: »
    Our deeds don't matter, hey, it's RL all over again!

True that! And it's not the kind of realism I want in my games.
  • KillahBrew
    So....what's up with the intimidate option?
    Did the crown in my group chose differently so I'm stuck?
    That Axer guy is kind of an ass huh?
    When I used activity finder and got grouped up, it was random people. They didn't even talk into mic. Don't be a duck head. It's not helpful.