Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Horse Training--Stamina

StormWylf
StormWylf
✭✭✭✭
A couple of weeks ago I read a great thread started by Feric51 Here, about Horse training. And have been leveling up mounts in my stable. I understand the need for Speed and even Carry Capacity. But was looking at Stamina. 15 Stamina seems to be enough. Do we really need more than 15 in Stamina?

Best Answers

• MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd get at least 20, for the style upgrade. You don't really need it, as you can sprint anyway, but it's nice to have when riding through packs of mobs.

In PvP on the other hand, it is a lot more required (as I understand it). Mostly to avoid having to slowly get up from falling of you horse while a ganker is repeatedly stabbing you.
    Answer ✓
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Stamina allows you to sprint farther, and it also dictates how much damage you can take before being thrown off you mount. In pve this is mostly only useful to speed things up...although reckless mounters will want stamina if they plow through NPCs a lot.

^This.

Speaking as a PvE-only player, the mount damage aspect is still pretty convenient. It lets you power through zones that have a lot of enemy mobs without being thrown off. Very handy when you're trying to get somewhere like a dungeon or dolmen and just don't feel like fighting thirty crocodiles to get there.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Answer ✓
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I always upgrade mounts fully. Game gold is pretty worthless.

Stamina allows you to sprint farther, and it also dictates how much damage you can take before being thrown off you mount. In pve this is mostly only useful to speed things up...although reckless mounters will want stamina if they plow through NPCs a lot.

In pvp, stamina is very, very important. When you get knocked off your mount it's a 2-4 second stun. So if someone meant to knock you off, they're going to try to kill you during that time. When I bow gank, a fully upgraded mount can get hit by my snipe and run out of reach before causing a dismount. If people have spent less than 40, they're coming off the mount and going to take another 2-3 12-18k snipes before the stun ends.
    Yes, its important in PvP, nice to have in PvE but here 20 is enough, but no reason not to upgrade.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Answer ✓
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip Maek.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    Personally I'd get at least 20, for the style upgrade.

What is that?
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭

What is that?

When you get to level 20 in one of the aspects mosts mounts will get an accessory. For carrying capacity it's usually some saddle bags, for speed it's usually some socks and for stamina it's usually some nice armor.
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭

What is that?

When you get to level 20 in one of the aspects mosts mounts will get an accessory. For carrying capacity it's usually some saddle bags, for speed it's usually some socks and for stamina it's usually some nice armor.

Francis, you may have the visual turned off.
    Goto Settings, Then Gameplay and under Items you can show or hide the Mount upgrades. I don't know whether default is on or off.
    Edited by StormWylf on August 13, 2017 2:25AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All my mounts are maxed in everything.

Each to their own though.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stamina upgrade is armor.
    The speed upgrade is either a nice body harness for the horses, or else leg wrappings for things like wolves and senches.
    The inventory upgrade is saddlebags.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always upgrade mounts fully. Game gold is pretty worthless.

In pvp, stamina is very, very important. When you get knocked off your mount it's a 2-4 second stun. So if someone meant to knock you off, they're going to try to kill you during that time. When I bow gank, a fully upgraded mount can get hit by my snipe and run out of reach before causing a dismount. If people have spent less than 40, they're coming off the mount and going to take another 2-3 12-18k snipes before the stun ends.
  • SillyPlay
    SillyPlay
    ✭✭

Been playing for a while and never realized, just thought mount upgrades would bring up some annoying numbers on screen