Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Refining scraps: Increased chance of wax in certain areas?

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

Someone told me today that you have an increased chance of refining for better materials, I.e Dreugh Wax, in certain areas? Such as Fishermans Island in Stormhaven.

Is there any truth to this? Do you notice a difference while using certain crafting stations?
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call it what you want ... an urban legend, an old wives tale, or simple superstition ... it's not true.

RNG is RNG is RNG.

I can supply you with my beliefs on refining gear if you buy into that sort of thing:

-- If after five (5) refining attempts you don't receive a blue or higher improvement temper ... escape out of the crafting table UI and start a new refinement session.

-- The chances of getting improvement tempers are better in the starter zones: Stros M'kai, Khenarthi's Roost, Bal Foyen, Auridon, Bleakrock, Stonefalls, Glenumbra, and Betnikh.

-- The chances of getting improvement tempers are the worst in the DLC zones: Imperial City, Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, and Gold Coast.

Those are my superstitions ... so take what you will of that ...

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I do understand RNG which is why I never thought anything of it. Just wondered if anyone had tested this at all.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA