Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Attribute Points (Magicka, Health and Stamina) before you hit Champion

Mayanpup
Mayanpup
✭✭✭
I thought I read some where (could be totally wrong) that it is useless to increase your attribute points past 49. Since I will be getting about 60 AP's by player level 49 (increases at level ending in five and ten) should I put them all in my main stat or get to 49 in the main then use the other 11 in the secondary stats.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most min/max players (except for maybe tanks - depending on the build) put all attribute points in the main stat ... so assuming you would follow suit, all 60 would go in your main attribute pool.

If you're a casual player, make the decision based on your playstyle.

Hybrid builds just aren't there yet for end game. Some day though.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 12, 2017 11:52PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put them all in your main fighting stat and never think about it again. Here's why.

An attribute point is worth about 115 in that resource. For vet max level gear, the enchantments give each piece about 900 in the resource...so a piece of gear is the same as 8 attribute points.

Your characters are always going to want way more magic or stamina than health. But if you ever did run into a situation where you needed to amp health, one or two pieces of gear can be used to swap 900-1800 mag/stam for health.

Bottom line...it's way easier and cheaper to fine tune your characters through gear over attribute points.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You probably read one of the outdated guides for times long ago when we still had vet levels and only got 49 attribute points til then. Now you get 64 and there's no reason not to distribute them all. Generally the magic number for health (enough to do everything including vet dungeons and trials lateron) is 17-20k health buffed with food(so 12-15k without) which is usually achieved by either using a few health enchants(more convenient because enchants are easy to change) or putting several points in health. The rest/all of the attribute points go into your damage resource, be it stamina or magicka.

If you're not into optimizing much you can absolutely do all the open world with whatever setup you like basically(be aware that attacks, heals and shields scale with size of the corresponding stat pool(stamina costing skills scale with max stamina, magicka with max magicka) though so splitting your attributes will make you less effective than you could be).