Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main Questline Question

JauneOG
JauneOG
Soul Shriven
I'm level 12 and I just killed Mannimarco. Am I too low level for how far I am in the questline? like am I going to beat the main questline too early? Also when did you beat the main questline?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It used to be gated - you'd get a new main quest every 5 levels, but it doesn't matter anymore, you can safely do it all at level 10 now. You're getting scaled to monsters' level anyway.

Doing it "early" won't really change anything, you'll still be able to keep questing in your home alliance (and other alliances and dlcs) just like before. So if you feel like doing it now, do it ;)
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no problems for you, but I'm sure it was entirely embarrassing for Manimarco.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing you may want to worry about is if you wanted any of the final weapons for the God of Schemes to be at Vet level. Since the quest scales so do the rewards, and a low Level 12 weapon will be throw-away very fast. Given, unless you're at max Vet level that's sort of the situation regardless. Nevertheless, a Vet level weapon (you used to be Vet1 at God of Schemes) will last you quite a few more levels.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_CoriJ wrote: »
    The only thing you may want to worry about is if you wanted any of the final weapons for the God of Schemes to be at Vet level. Since the quest scales so do the rewards, and a low Level 12 weapon will be throw-away very fast. Given, unless you're at max Vet level that's sort of the situation regardless. Nevertheless, a Vet level weapon (you used to be Vet1 at God of Schemes) will last you quite a few more levels.

All-in-all a pretty minor thing, honestly. It's not a make-or-break.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird to me the admins stepped in with that advice. Usually they don't comment on lower tier stuff.

Except that you get a unique style item, the reward weapons are garbage whether they're level 12 or C500, lol. Although for a long time I carried around the prophets staff pretending to be a drunk deposed king.
    Edited by davey1107 on August 13, 2017 8:39AM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    It's weird to me the admins stepped in with that advice. The reward weapons are garbage whether they're level 12 or C500, lol.

Although for a long time I carried around the prophets staff pretending to be a drunk deposed king.

The healing staff you get at the end of the main quest (well, you get it depending on whom you choose to "sacrifice"), has a unique look/skin and that's why I always wait for vet level to complete the main quest - in order to get it at CP160 level.
    I agree that reward weapons don't have the best stats but some people care for other things than stats.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird to me the admins stepped in with that advice. The reward weapons are garbage whether they're level 12 or C500, lol.

The weapons, indeed, are not that great for seasoned players.

But, this is the Players Helping Players forums. New players can't craft their own 5-piece gear ... much less find blue or higher jewelry early on in PvE (which the Main Quest provides).

In other words, think about the new player searching for info in this sub-forum ... before thinking about yourself.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    The op does seem to be new and I was just thinking about that quest line and wondering if he was at the final or was he doing castle of worms the rescue of abner tharn where you have mannys projection and a lot of skeletons to fight?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Although for a long time I carried around the prophets staff pretending to be a drunk deposed king.

The healing staff you get at the end of the main quest (well, you get it depending on whom you choose to "sacrifice"), has a unique look/skin and that's why I always wait for vet level to complete the main quest - in order to get it at CP160 level.
    I agree that reward weapons don't have the best stats but some people care for other things than stats.

Iirc it's Soulshriven style, which has been available for a while. Unless it's been changed - been a while since I've done it last.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

Iirc it's Soulshriven style, which has been available for a while. Unless it's been changed - been a while since I've done it last.

Unfortunately it's not.
    The item itself says "primal", but if you craft a primal healing staff, it doesn't look like that. Neither does a soul-shriven staff.
    Soul shriven is just the "closest-looking" style - but the staff itself has a (so far) unique look.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 7, 2017 9:10PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you still have to do Coldharbor for the Main Quest to go forward? While you no longer have to finish the 5 Zones for your Alliance to unlock Coldharbor, you still have to figure a way up there if Coldharbor is needed and you have not finished your Allliance Zone Quests (port to friend or guildmate that is up there).

I have not done the Main Quest in a while and that was on a character that had done the zone quests. I am currently taking a character through the Main Quest that has only leveled to Champ Rank and has done no other content. So, I will have the answers on Coldharbor tonight more than likely, if not tomorrow night.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanus Galerion or the Prophet (I don't remember which one) opens up a portal to the Hollow City for us even if we've never been there nor unlocked any other zones but the first one.
    Yet we still have to do the Coldharbour zone quest in order to reach the final stage of the main quest.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I just went this far last night. The game does send you to Coldharbor and opens a portal to there.

In the past before One Tamriel, if you had not done the Alliance Zone Quests, you were not getting to Coldharbor unless you could get ported up there. Now, the game overlooks that old requirement.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The resto staff weapon rewarded is a unique style without a name and cannot be crafted or obtained anywhere else.

@Taleof2Cities Thanks, mom, I'll make sure to always think of others. I just thought it was a weird insert for the moderators considering that the OP was not asking about weapon rewards at all.