The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Dark Brotherhood DLC is Very Frustrating Because it's Not Working

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I am being assigned contract kills which are needed to level up and progress in the story line, which is awesome in theory, but sometimes the targets just don't exist. I search every inch of the circle part of the map that they are supposed to be in and they aren't there. I've even tried logging out, reloading, and they just don't appear.

I'm not sure how else to actually play this DLC without continuously abandoning the contract kills that don't exist and picking up different targets that I hope exist.
Edited by GrumpyDuckling on August 12, 2017 3:45AM
  • Simit
    Simit
    ✭✭
    I just did one in sewers, spent awhile tryong to figure it out an by accident found a secret area covered in vines, sure enough the target i was after was also in a area like this where i had to jump over a gap an through some vines growing on wall to secret area, hope it helps
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simit wrote: »
    I just did one in sewers, spent awhile tryong to figure it out an by accident found a secret area covered in vines, sure enough the target i was after was also in a area like this where i had to jump over a gap an through some vines growing on wall to secret area, hope it helps

Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately the contract targets I am talking about are the ones in the cities. I've been researching why some targets aren't appearing in cities and it sounds like there have been issues with the NPC targets not loading back into the game after someone else has recently killed them (presumably doing the same contract kill).