Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stam toons

malcolmhagger
malcolmhagger
✭✭✭
made my first stam toon who rocks in pve but pvp i get wrecked and i dont get what stam toons use for defense. mainly bc im used to popping shields but, any advice? stam sorc if that matters
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, stamina is a different animal in pvp...no more shields and no mega heals.

It becomes much more important to evade hits all together...dodge rolls, blocks, and the occasional bash on a stam sorc. People also run shuffle, probably a very important skill on a stam sorc since you'll be put in the open and exposed more often, and can use the snare immunity.

Then you can use your attack bar to bring in a number of HOTs that'll work as well as a shield...vigor, critical surge and bloodthirst. Deadly cloak reduces some damage and boosts your Aoe. Then probably run rally on the back bar for another heal. And of course dark deal.

I dread good stam sorc players. The key, I think, is simplicity. They use a lot of buffs, and just a few attacks. Then they get right in your face and get all their AOEs going with fast-paced dual wield attacks and lights/heavies, and they are way hard to counter. But you have to keep the pressure on...stam sorcs can cause so many problems for an opponent that they're stuck doing defense until they die.