The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Creative Tip: How to make a functioning staircase

lasertooth
lasertooth
✭✭✭✭✭
I made a staircase with railing in the cyrodilic jungle house:
fpTazgQ.jpg

The stairs are "rough platform, stage" (white blueprint). The rail is "common post, sign holder" (green blueprint).
NDsrlMP.jpg

The best part is it actually looks and functions as a staircase. No jumping or hopping required.

wSePhz1.jpg

Lasertooth
GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
Xbox/NA
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    Nice! I am so stealing this :smile:
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    I helped a buddy add some steps to his pond thingy because he sucks at jumping and people keep dueling him and jumping in there haha..

But this looks amazing.
    Edited by Sunah on August 3, 2017 10:16PM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly recommend Homestead OCD.
    This nifty addon is a god-send for manipulating items exact location and orientation.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the above addon and can show you the staircase I made. I knew the stairs but not the railing
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    That looks awesome! What did you use to make that loft though? It looks way better than planks.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    That looks awesome! What did you use to make that loft though? It looks way better than planks.

Paintings with the style "bolted" in the name. They have a lovely dark wood backside. On xbox NA they sell in the traders for 500-1000k each. I used 4 total.
    Edited by lasertooth on August 4, 2017 12:36AM
    Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    MAEK wrote: »

Paintings with the style "bolted" in the name. They have a lovely dark wood backside. On xbox NA they sell in the traders for 500-1000k each. I used 4 total.

Paintings, eyy? I never would have thought of that, gonna have to try it. Thanks for the tip :)
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the most common bolted ones I find:

Painting of Autumn, bolted.
    Painting of Winter, bolted.
    Painting of Bridge, bolted.
    Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you walk up the paintings or do you have to jump on each one? They seem so thin so I can't imagine you would stack them.
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you walk up the paintings or do you have to jump on each one? They seem so thin so I can't imagine you would stack them.

@FloppyTouch I think you misunderstood. The paintings were used to create a floor for the loft, while the actual staircase was created by "rough platform, stage". The staircase will be usable without jumping.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is very good, thanks for sharing.
    However, we really shouldn't have to using so many items from our very limited housing limits to make something as basic as stairs/steps. C'mon ZOS, when are you going to give us stairs?!!? There must be dozens of different resources already available in game
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Tr4gicDe4th
    Tr4gicDe4th
    ✭✭✭
    A plank bought in cyrodiil does the same thing and it is only 1 item ;)
    Edited by Tr4gicDe4th on August 4, 2017 2:04PM
    Xbox One - NA
    Gamertag: Tr4gicDe4th

***Need unwanted motifs for my crafter***
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A plank bought in cyrodiil does the same thing and it is only 1 item ;)

A staircase is prettier
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What isn't fun is perfectly aligning those on PS4 without add ons. The number of items it adds up to is a drawback as well as placement - I had to make my stairs to the loft in Autumns Gate in the middle of the floor because you hit your head on invisible side walls near the top.

Orcish Bar makes a good floor/wall that looks structurally sound too.

Good Work!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent work my friend!
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Nikalja
    Nikalja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love own creations. I have built my own house ( https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/363982/gebt-uns-ein-leeres-grundschtueck#latest). But is not yet finished. 700 items are not enough. We need more.

• eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    @lazertooth Awesome idea
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this idea! I've used it to make a bedroom loft for my Sleek Creek House!

tumblr_oujyxlGEMX1r8fwlao10_r1_1280.png
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer