The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skills going off after your dead..

eso_lags
eso_lags
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Another thing ive been wondering is if skills should be hitting after you kill someone.. this happens a lot with curse and the worst i saw was a destro ult that killed 2 of us in BG's within 4 seconds after the person died..

We killed a few players and my teammate and I both out of resources so we couldn't really move, and the last person had a destro ult up.. Once i killed him 4 seconds later we both died from the destro ult, watching it tick til we died.. i know it was his because i watched him cast it, and it was on my recap.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is all kinds of strange stuff happening this patch . Some people respawning with attacks lingering on them .
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it when the second curse proc happens after you revived.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's happened to me several times this week, both in BG and I'm Cyro. After I release and respawn, I take damage from attacks hit before I died.

Im also completely locking up in combat right before I die, and when I respawn - the skills that didn't fire when I was alive all go off.

This last scenario seems related to gap close snare, but I can't pin that down (no pun intended) for a fact.

Like someone here said, really weird stuff going on this patch.
    Edited by Reverb on June 23, 2017 3:03PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's utterly annoying annoying when your own skills get queued instead of canceled when you die. Especially when it's an ultimate. Strangely enough this only happens to me in BG, while enemie's curse go off even in CP cyro.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zos?
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    zos?

Probably taken their coffee break
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I misread the title as 'Skills going off after your Dad'.

This worried me since my son plays sometimes..
    Edited by Biro123 on August 9, 2017 1:16PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This happens to my enemies a lot. Curse explodes and it procs the Lich crystal + desecrated ground from Bahraha's Curse set. All the more annoying people :D. But certainly not game breaking enough to open a thread about.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No skills involved, but I love leveling up immediately after death. Instant revive and full resources. It happens so rarely, but it is amusing when it does.

As far as skills after death, I've noticed that proxy det goes off as I am lying dead in the middle of a zerg often.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 2 kills from beyond the grave the night before last in BGs when my purifying lights finished ticking. Rare double kill for me, too.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing ive been wondering is if skills should be hitting after you kill someone.. this happens a lot with curse and the worst i saw was a destro ult that killed 2 of us in BG's within 4 seconds after the person died..

We killed a few players and my teammate and I both out of resources so we couldn't really move, and the last person had a destro ult up.. Once i killed him 4 seconds later we both died from the destro ult, watching it tick til we died.. i know it was his because i watched him cast it, and it was on my recap.

Depends on the skill

A destroy Ultimate skill should continue after the caster is dead it's magic

But stacked cancelled direct hits like heavy weapons hits and stamina weapon skills shouldn't
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love it when my immovable pot goes off as soon as I respawn. Great stuff.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this happen in Cyrodiil quite a bit recently. The ballista and destro ultimate are frequent offenders. I assume the attacks were initiated before the player died, the mana spent, and the attacks queued, so the system sees them as legitimate to continue hitting. I get post-mortem hit by dead nightblades a lot.

I don't have a huge problem taking these hits, they're fair enough. But it's annoying when the player drops dead, you ease off your defensive posture, then all of a sudden a full two seconds later a stupid ballista starts hitting you, lol.
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's awesome when you try to cast a resto ult and it go4s off after you redrawn. That's my favorite.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Depends on the skill

But stacked cancelled direct hits like heavy weapons hits and stamina weapon skills shouldn't

Is that a double standard? Lol classic
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Favorite one I've seen recently is a known "dodger" continuing to dodge while dead. It's bad enough these hacks run around doing nothing and dodging everything, now you get to see a corpse spamming dodge at you.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Depends on the skill

Is that a double standard? Lol classic

It kind of us but isn't

As not many stamina skills allow you to set them off and they continue to do damage over time

Which is what I'm more getting at

And thing that does DoT should continue after death

Example spearshards on Templar I throw it I die the effect should remain for full duration

If I I do start a combo with animation cancelling and I die before the spear shards is despatched upon my enemy it should not go off at all as I would not physically be able to throw the spear in the air

Does that make more sense
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorite one I've seen recently is a known "dodger" continuing to dodge while dead. It's bad enough these hacks run around doing nothing and dodging everything, now you get to see a corpse spamming dodge at you.

Im curious about this dirty dead dodger...

I know you cant name him but if you were to see 'me at' a resource would i also see this dodger there too on occasion?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grammar *** in me is having a heart attack right now ...
    huh.gif
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    The grammar *** in me is having a heart attack right now ...
    huh.gif

Sorry sir it's a bit of a brain teaser.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SugaComa I think the only thing that matters is how it is intended to be. All i can say is in my experience, up until morrowind, all skills would disappear after the person died. Now curse, destro ults, dots, shards etc are all staying around til the effect ends and if you're fighting outnumbered its little annoying but also not really a big deal for me personally, i was just curious.

Seems like zos changes things without putting it in the patch notes and that leads me to believe its not on purpose.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »

Im curious about this dirty dead dodger...

I know you cant name him but if you were to see 'me at' a resource would i also see this dodger there too on occasion?

Oh there are a lot of "dodgers", many of them stream. In truth there are so many I don't even recall this one's name. I just recall laughing as i saw a corpse dodging and then laughed louder when I saw it who it was. (I did get your "hidden" message, answer is no)

It's always laughable when you see the known "dodgers" having dominant Clayton Kershaw performances every day. Much like Clayton, these known "dodgers" are so dominant because you just can't hit them. (141.1 IP, 101 hits allowed!)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been seeing this alot.
    and seeing the enemy die and then a stack of attacks happen AFTER the person dies and manage to kill people even tho enemy is dead.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a question for you all

Do you agree with the statement "animation cancelling is NOT cheating"

If so then skills going off after death are fine and you should roll with it