The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can someone help me get skin from vMOL

x_Demogorgon_x
I'm 540CP mate sorc. Been trying to get skin forever but can't get a decent group. Can anyone help me out? My GT is : l DEMOGORGON l (those are Ls)
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you buddy, I have never even done a trial throughout my entire tamrielic life in ESO, but I'm not disappointed in the slightest, there is always gonna be a first time for everything, I will get to do a vet trial one day, but until that day comes, I am too busy improving the specs on my Were-Warden Build (& updating it to the Horns of the Reach version where the base patch makes mundus stones & weapon traits more viable.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You don't just find "a decent group". Join a raid guild, show dedication, improve, just like everyone else had to.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need a 3rd difficulty level for raids between normal and veteran. Problem solved. No offence to anyone but some players can't improve to a level that certain raids require.
    - they might be slow reacting
    - they might be slow learners
    - their build is not optimal (they lack dps, they don't heal enough or they don't tank too well)
    - they are weekend players, pvp players or on short they just want to do the raid and bye.
    Even better a 10 level difficulty progression system would help getting many of us veeery happy. Idea i'm still working on it.
    Edited by deleted008293 on August 8, 2017 12:01AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    We need a 3rd difficulty level for raids between normal and veteran. Problem solved. No offence to anyone but some players can't improve to a level that certain raids require.
    - their build is not optimal (they lack dps, they don't heal enough or they don't tank too well)
    - they are weekend players, pvp players or on short they just want to do the raid and bye.
    Even better a 10 level difficulty progression system would help getting many of us veeery happy. Idea i'm still working on it.

Well honestly, these rewards are meant for the best of the best... people who put in the time and get to the point where they can complete this content. I will never get Grand Overlord, but I don't ask to get it for free either because I don't have the time to earn it. No one is entitled to this stuff. Progressing in a game provide rewards, but you need to progress to get them. This goes for anything in ESO.

If ZOS cared for endgame PvE they would have never removed BoE sets from Vet trials. Tons of groups would still be running trials like they used to. You used to have a chance at getting a valuable item and making Gold, but now it is a net loss of Gold by a lot whenever you run a Vet trial. There are very few groups that care to run these trials anymore. In the past week or so on PS4 NA, the endgame community has almost entirely vanished but will hopefully return in HotR.

If you want the skin, either earn it like you're supposed to, or earn the Gold to purchase it from those who have gotten good enough to get it themselves. That's how it works :/

....or be friends with someone who can carry and eventually get it from their group.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's why the progression.
    You want the skin? You can unlock it at lets say level 7 raid difficulty. No more carries for the skin and no more problems where a certain player kills a whole raid because he don't know the mechanics, he isn't very good etc.
    And ofc in order to progress to next level you need to beat certain milestones such as speed runs, less deaths etc. Milestones that are both group and personal so a carry would be out of question.

Carries should be out of question because tbh it will be easily abusive by many players to a point that the game will be destroyed.

Also players are avoiding raiding because lack of rewards in my opinion and because time spent and difficulty levels push them away.

Anyway. Try to find a nice PvE guild, do some normal trials, watch videos on youtube and read guides about vMOL, get familiar with the raid and then apply for some progression guilds. Joining even a good raid without knowing anything about mechanics won't guarantee you the skin because you might kill your group on twins for example, or blow them up on last boss.
    Edited by deleted008293 on August 8, 2017 12:15AM
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember them saying way back before TG's launch that it would be a reward from completing Normal difficulty, I was ready and eager to crack into the trial and get the skin.

Then it hit live and it was for Veteran mode only.

I've been trying for years to get good enough to do it. I followed guide after guide, farmed and crafted the best gear I could but I've never been able to crack 20k DPS, let alone the 40k-55k the guilds running that mode require.

I guess I'll just never get the chance to earn that skin, unless some kind group boosts me in exchange for gold. No matter how hard I try I can't see any possible way to double my DPS.

But yeah, to echo the OP, I'd appreciate any help I can get on PC EU.
    Edited by Vrienda on August 9, 2017 11:28PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the skin by joining a trial guild, having a dps rotation that puts out around 36k, and eventually getting into the vmol prog chat on their discord. After that it was a matter of joining every vmol raid possible and learning the dances in the different boss instances. Took me about 4 vmol attempts to earn my skin. Since Morrowind, though, my guild hasn't even stepped foot in vmol (not from lack of trying on my part to put up rosters, just lack of signups).
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    let alone the 40k-55k the guilds running that mode require.

Wut? vMoL progression groups usually require between 25-35k and I dont know any that require 55 (especially not st self-buffed lol).
    Of course, you cant get an easymode run with one of the top guilds (that actually require 40k), but its not just because you dont have the dps. They also require experience in all vet content. Either that or you can hire them to carry you.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Well honestly, these rewards are meant for the best of the best... people who put in the time and get to the point where they can complete this content. I will never get Grand Overlord, but I don't ask to get it for free either because I don't have the time to earn it. No one is entitled to this stuff. Progressing in a game provide rewards, but you need to progress to get them. This goes for anything in ESO.

If ZOS cared for endgame PvE they would have never removed BoE sets from Vet trials. Tons of groups would still be running trials like they used to. You used to have a chance at getting a valuable item and making Gold, but now it is a net loss of Gold by a lot whenever you run a Vet trial. There are very few groups that care to run these trials anymore. In the past week or so on PS4 NA, the endgame community has almost entirely vanished but will hopefully return in HotR.

If you want the skin, either earn it like you're supposed to, or earn the Gold to purchase it from those who have gotten good enough to get it themselves. That's how it works :/

....or be friends with someone who can carry and eventually get it from their group.

This.
    I'm not going to get grand overlord, or master angler, or "buy all houses" achievements. But I wont ask to nerf the requirements... Mmo games should offer long-term goals, its one of the keys to their longevity.

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offence to anyone but some players can't improve to a level that certain raids require.

I've been running a progression group for almost a year now. Sadly, this is very true. There are certain players who plateau in terms of skill, and this ends up putting a ceiling on what the group can accomplish. There are definitely players in my groups that can do difficult things like VHOF, VMOL hardmode, etc. but there are always certain players that will never be at that level. It's not for lack of playtime or practice either; they've been playing for a very long time. It's just that they stop improving. They know all of the mechanics front and back, but their execution is never consistently good no matter how much practice they put in.