Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Lack of Master Crafting Writs

Flowersquisher
Flowersquisher
✭✭✭
I do daily writs on 7 characters and in the last two weeks or so have noticed a dramatic decrease in Master Crafting Writ drops. Sure I still get the odd alchemical and enchanters, but the big ones are eluding me. So i'm wondering if it's my RNG or have others noticed this as well?
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I have nothing to prove it, but I'm getting nothing but 5, 6 vouchers but even those have trickled.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I haven't seen a good size voucher writ in a long time. Even having all crafts mastered and most motifs on one character. Most I been getting is the 2 to 6 voucher range. I hope they get some common sense and rework this whole system. Larger voucher writs too few, uses way too many and expensive legendary mats to be worthwhile on low end mw's. The voucher vender is just way too expensive as well. I mean, it would take my lifetime to acquire those retuneables. Donating to a guild? Well, remember those have to bound to the person that has the guild house. I don't make enough vouchers to do that plus the cost of the golds to make the items for the writs. This system was made for the rich, not the master crafters. :(
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. ZOS probably broke it when trying to fix something that had no relation to the crafting writs. :D

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it is just RNG. I got a 100+ writ very recently after a long drought of writs of much value. Without a serious amount of data it would be impossible to tell if ZOS deliberately changed the drop rates.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have all 9 traits, and all motifs in game which count towards MW's and probably received only 2 at most since Morrowind launched on my main crafter.

Also getting quite a few on alts with nothing but 1.0 Motifs and 0 Traits, got like a 95, 138 and 75 or something on my alts recently

I also believe they nerfed tempering drops as well haven't been seeing as many recently too
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on August 9, 2017 4:47PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do them on one character, on average about every other day and I usually get a couple a week. It's all RNG.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rng has been weird for me ever since anniversary event. and my anecdotal experience also has me get better writs on characters with no research or motifs then my main crafter. the only writs I get a LOT of are 2-5 voucher alchemy writs.

doing writs on 4 characters, one of whom is a master crafter.
    Edited by Linaleah on August 9, 2017 4:53PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do them on 3 toons. I have gone over 2 weeks before without getting a single Master Writ....and then one day I got 7 of them between the 3 toons, and 2 were for more than 60 vouchers each (both on 1 toon). It is just RNG. It is random. Random only shows trends over an extended time line. Just be patient, you will get them
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also believe they nerfed tempering drops as well haven't been seeing as many recently too

Some idiot posted recently saying one got so many gold drops from writs that you didn't need to ever buy any. Blatantly not true, but highly likely that @ZO$ saw it and thought oh right in that case we'll just nerf them.

• Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely got meaner since a recent patch. I'm glad I got the ebon style, crafting stations and a skeleton when I did because trying to save enough vouchers for them now would be a nightmare.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I used to get a gold temper in each of the three main crafting dailies atleast 4 times a week. Now I'm lucky to get a couple all week.

I haven't received a master wit over 6 vouchers since morrowind, before I was getting 50 plus regularly!

I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    I do them on one character, on average about every other day and I usually get a couple a week. It's all RNG.

Fine.
    But RNG gets tuned.
    And RNG isn't 'fairly distributed' - which means that it's entirely possible that some players get below average drop rates.

Comparing results over my own 'toons as well as from trusted friends - some 'toons on an account have better RNG than other 'toons.

It's perfectly plausible that RNG 'rate' factors in during character creation much like it did when dice were rolled and stats tracked with pen/ink in the old days.

It's just a lot more efficient and automatic when 'luck' is coded into the character's DNA with a computer algorithm.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    I have all 9 traits, and all motifs in game which count towards MW's and probably received only 2 at most since Morrowind launched on my main crafter.

Also getting quite a few on alts with nothing but 1.0 Motifs and 0 Traits, got like a 95, 138 and 75 or something on my alts recently

This is the thing, I spent millions getting all the motifs on my 9 trait crafter and haven't seen a voucher
    larger then 6 for weeks, WTF. Starting to think there is no point to this. I mean, why implement a system that rewards "dedication to profession" then this. I get the RNG in this game is brutal, done maelstrom enough times to see that, but why try and give hope like that. Prior to pvp event, I was getting 300+ voucher/week, since then, well you get my point
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the day they announced new stuff would be on the writ voucher vendor the master writs slowed and EVERYONE noticed it, it was no coincidence
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do daily writs on 7 characters and in the last two weeks or so have noticed a dramatic decrease in Master Crafting Writ drops. Sure I still get the odd alchemical and enchanters, but the big ones are eluding me. So i'm wondering if it's my RNG or have others noticed this as well?

I've noticed this severe decrease since the Midyear Mayhem event.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it based on percentage of all style motifs, traits, alchemy properties, provisioning recipes and housing recipes learned? Or is each craft treated separately? For example, do the provisioning recipes, alchemy and blacksmith traits known influence drop rate for clothing or woodworking master writs?

If so, whenever new housing recipes are introduced, the percentage of total that you know drops, so perhaps your chance for the larger writs drops unless you learn the new housing recipes.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it based on percentage of all style motifs, traits, alchemy properties, provisioning recipes and housing recipes learned? Or is each craft treated separately? For example, do the provisioning recipes, alchemy and blacksmith traits known influence drop rate for clothing or woodworking master writs?

If so, whenever new housing recipes are introduced, the percentage of total that you know drops, so perhaps your chance for the larger writs drops unless you learn the new housing recipes.

Doubt housing patterns have a part in it, I have 1170 patterns learned ontop of everything else on my main crafter and still get nothing
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed a HUGE decrease in Master Writs, as well as their value.

I do all 6 Writs on 14 Toons. 9-Trait. All at least know the Racial styles and the "less expensive" purple styles. Many know All Styles.

Still BS drops.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is RNG is RNG ...
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    It's a very frustrating system! Like others, I dumped a ton of gold into filling out my motif collection thinking it would improve the drop rate...now I wish I had saved my gold to buy writ vouchers! Yes, you can buy vouchers other people earned but it's not as satisfying.

They're still pretty new and evolving, hopefully we see more improvements!
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    RNG is RNG is RNG ...

Fair enough, but i do see the common theme in this thread as i've seen in my own experience. I know this is just forum readers too, so low player base, but still...
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »

I do all 6 Writs on 14 Toons. 9-Trait. All at least know the Racial styles and the "less expensive" purple styles. Many know All Styles.

Still BS drops.

This^^, you should be swimming in vouchers
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have only been doing the woodworking, smithing and clothing writs for the last couple of weeks across 8 characters and just see the usual RNG happening.

I get between 1 and 3 writs a day but the voucher return has hot and cold days. About a week ago I got 2 x 80+ writs and a 70+ writ on the same day and a couple of days ago I git a 145 voucher writ and a 40 voucher writ. In between I might get 1 worth 5 vouchers, a couple worth maybe 13 in total, or a 17 and a 7 voucher day.

I am still only doing them for the gold mats rather than the master writs so am not overly concerned about them - maybe that is making me see things a bit differently.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not only did they nerf the MW drops but it seems they also nerfed the temper drops as well, I gotten only 2 temper drops on 11 characters doing writs in the past 3 days
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »

Still BS drops.

And dang, if you have like 25m to throw around per character to learn all the motifs multiple times you must be swimming in gold cause I think once was enough for me
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only did they nerf the MW drops but it seems they also nerfed the temper drops as well, I gotten only 2 temper drops on 11 characters doing writs in the past 3 days

Well, again it is RNG. My experience has been that I am getting more gold temper drops recently.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, again it is RNG. My experience has been that I am getting more gold temper drops recently.

I used to get atleast 1 on each of my characters per day but now it pretty much says nerfed.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy drop rates were crushed with morrowind update. Beyond that, I haven't gotten any big dog legendary equipment writs since mayhem but that wasn't very long ago. Maybe they changed again, maybe not. I have not noticed a change in gold temper rates.

My attitude it kind of who cares. Writ vouchers are not worth much anymore and I have 1066 vouchers piled up because there is nothing (mundus stones, wayshines, storage, quick change dummies, assistants, gold tempers, true all sets crafting stations) from the merchant that I want to buy. Just offering a few "gold" patterns and some RNG boxes with bad rng for high prices is not very enticing. I was very bummed to see that just switching out the gold patterns each update appears to be what they consider keeping it fresh. I may just burn up all my vouchers on those next update and just sell them in guild store for maybe a bit higher than the normal exchange rate. Yawn.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Alchemy drop rates were crushed with morrowind update. Beyond that, I haven't gotten any big dog legendary equipment writs since mayhem but that wasn't very long ago. Maybe they changed again, maybe not. I have not noticed a change in gold temper rates.

My attitude it kind of who cares. Writ vouchers are not worth much anymore and I have 1066 vouchers piled up because there is nothing (mundus stones, wayshines, storage, quick change dummies, assistants, gold tempers, true all sets crafting stations) from the merchant that I want to buy. Just offering a few "gold" patterns and some RNG boxes with bad rng for high prices is not very enticing. I was very bummed to see that just switching out the gold patterns each update appears to be what they consider keeping it fresh. I may just burn up all my vouchers on those next update and just sell them in guild store for maybe a bit higher than the normal exchange rate. Yawn.
    Still got alchemy writs from time to time, enchanting is common, also get equipment every other day but the big ones are rare, remember got an 45 something on my first master writ, got an 140 yesterday, just two other big since morrowind.

As you say with the cost increase on blueprints combined with the price drop in blueprints its very uneconomical.
    Assuming 500 gold for each voucher it don't make sense.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭

I did a couple that were about 90 each, around a week ago...sometimes you can find good deals at guild traders, but lately they've been a little more scarce...hopefully they'll be more around with the update