Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I have no equipment crafting writs at all.

Honghua
Honghua
✭✭✭
I have finished first writs some time ago, but since then i have never seen any other writs to finish or to take from the board.
I only have provisioning and enchanting, thats it.
I have black, cloth at 50 points already, cant see these writs anywhere, help?
undefined.png
Tu0sRiw.jpg
  • Honghua
    Honghua
    ✭✭✭
    OC69HkP.jpg
  • Tr4gicDe4th
    Tr4gicDe4th
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to say if you put skill points in all of blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing?
    Xbox One - NA
    Gamertag: Tr4gicDe4th

***Need unwanted motifs for my crafter***
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's weird. Sometimes these can be wonky to get going. Let's troubleshoot.

First, you have to be certified for each writ. Consumables are certified in the vukel guard mage's guild by an NPC, while equipment is certified via an NPC in the lobby of the fighters guild. When you are over level 6 in a trade you can actually get immediate certification, but you do need it to generate writs.

My first guess is that you certified the consumables but not the equipment. Check that, and if this doesn't work reply back here using @davey1107 in your post and we'll look at some other things, which are less likely butt possible.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, it's "character level" 6 not "trade level" 6 to certify, but otherwise Davey has some good points to check on about if the certification was actually completed for sure on this particular character (obviously from the screencaps you're well beyond character level 6).

The exact NPC to look for is Millenith at the Fighters Guild to become certified as an equipment crafter (and just in case anyone else with similar issues/questions later finds this, Danel Tellano in the Mages Guild to become certified as a consumables crafter).

If you're certain Milenith has nothing to say to you either, then it's time to bug-report in my opinion as you've also shown via screencaps that you don't have another crafting writ sitting forgotten in your quest journal.

EDIT: another question, you're in Vulkhel Guard, which is the right location for certification if you're AD-alliance. You are AD alliance, right? Otherwise you'd need to go to Daggerfall in Glenumbra (DC) or Davon's Watch in Stonefalls(EP) to see the certifiers as they only appear in your home alliance.
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 9, 2017 5:24PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tevalaur Great point about the alliance...because that'd make a difference. You can pick up writs frommboards in any faction, but you can't certify outside your character's faction.

Sorry, I was vague about immediate certification. What I was referring to is that certification either requires you to run a little quest making stuff, or if you're experienced in that skill you can skip right to completion. I always get certified on a new character after leveling a little so I don't have to do the running around.
  • Tr4gicDe4th
    Tr4gicDe4th
    ✭✭✭
    But what determines your chances of receiving a Master Crafting Writ from the maximum-tier Writ reward boxes? The patch notes say “the frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character.” But what exactly does that mean? Systems Team Member Chris Balser clarified the matter on the forums stating it “is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft” and gave the following specifics:

Alchemy – Looks at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.
    Enchanting – Looks at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    Provisioning – Looks at your collection of known purple and gold recipes.
    Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking – Looks at your overall motif knowledge excluding Crown-exclusive motifs and the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial. It also looks at you overall completion of trait research.

Chris further explained, “they’re measured individually, so for example your investment in Provisioning would affect your odds of getting a Provisioning Master Writ and no other types.” He also added, “over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.” That last sentence sounds like an unintentional hint that there are some changes/additions to crafting mechanics inbound.

From http://tamrielfoundry.com/2017/02/homestead-master-crafting-writs/
    Xbox One - NA
    Gamertag: Tr4gicDe4th

***Need unwanted motifs for my crafter***
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you get a lot of traits and motifs learned you will likely never see an equipment writ as the drop rates never get all that high and they start very low indeed. Realistically, given the now low value of master writs and vouchers you are better off just buying with gold what you want or with gold the master writs to get the vouchers you need. You should also learn all traits as they are probably a bigger part of the formula for drop rates than motifs. Learning the traits takes a while but is at least essentially free to do. Motifs can get very costly and the return on that is not worth it any more. I get more gold worth of value from the tempers that I get with writs than from the master writs and probably nobody gets better drop rates than me.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.