Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Writs Doubt

GodHawk
GodHawk
✭✭
So i have a little doubt about the writs containers, imagine I have all my Crafting skill lines at level 50 but 0 zero skills points, only points on hirelings and if I do writs, do i still get gold materials from the containers?

P.S: Sorry for kinda bad english and random question.
  • Tr4gicDe4th
    Tr4gicDe4th
    ✭✭✭
    You probably will still get gold mats but its prob set up to where:
    1 skill point 1:100,000
    2 skill points 1: 10,000
    3 skill points 1:1000
    etc.

These aren't accurate numbers just an example.
    Xbox One - NA
    Gamertag: Tr4gicDe4th

***Need unwanted motifs for my crafter***
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can still get gold mats from low level writs but it's a very low drop rate and not a reliable way to get them at all. I've only gotten one from a low level writ.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GodHawk wrote: »
    So i have a little doubt about the writs containers, imagine I have all my Crafting skill lines at level 50 but 0 zero skills points, only points on hirelings and if I do writs, do i still get gold materials from the containers?

Probably for all your characters you will want to plan on eventually being able to do highest tier daily writs and get max hirelings and gradually research all the traits. This will require 48 points for Clothing, Blacksmith and Woodworking, 8 for Alchemy, 13 for Enchanting, 9 for Provisioning...for a total of 78 points plus another 12 if you want keen eye passive to see the nodes from a distance (excluding Enchanting nodes which are already illuminated).

Any character you will actually spend time playing and not just crafting writs / mule, I would plan on spending additional 3 points for the Alchemy passive Medicinal Use.
  • GodHawk
    GodHawk
    ✭✭
    GodHawk wrote: »

Probably for all your characters you will want to plan on eventually being able to do highest tier daily writs and get max hirelings and gradually research all the traits. This will require 48 points for Clothing, Blacksmith and Woodworking, 8 for Alchemy, 13 for Enchanting, 9 for Provisioning...for a total of 78 points plus another 12 if you want keen eye passive to see the nodes from a distance (excluding Enchanting nodes which are already illuminated).

Any character you will actually spend time playing and not just crafting writs / mule, I would plan on spending additional 3 points for the Alchemy passive Medicinal Use.

Thank you, this was really helpful. I made this question because I have already researched all the traits on my Main character and I do writs everyday to get gold materials and i want to extend the amount I get everyday by doing in other characters but I dont want to waste more skill points on the craft skill lines
    Edited by GodHawk on August 10, 2017 8:28PM