The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Requesting Character Load - Stuck

bigqonu
bigqonu
Soul Shriven
I am currently having issues logging into the game. I am able to log in and select servers, however, when I go to select my character it loops in the "Requesting character load" and eventually boots me saying "Unable to connect to game server." My internet is connected and I am able to play other games: destiny, hulu, etc with no problem. I have hard reset my xbox and nothing is working.
  • jmferris
    jmferris
    ✭✭
    Same for me. Issue is definitely not on your side.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As you've already tried a hard reset, the next thing you can try on your console is deleting the local save data. This may allow you to get past the "Requesting character load" message coming up.

To delete save data on the Xbox One:
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.

Please be aware that deleting the save data will only reset your options settings and that no character data will be affected.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bigqonu
    bigqonu
    Soul Shriven
    Still does the same. Are your megaservers still malfunctioning?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bigqonu

The ticket you've submitted on this issue, 170808-003709, is currently awaiting a response regarding whether you've tried the troubleshooting that was suggested. Please reply back when you have a chance so our support team can further assist with the "Unable to connect to game server" error.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post