Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Can you please change the thank you emote to say "Thank you"?

aegisfire1975
aegisfire1975
✭✭✭
I'd like to see this change made because I don't always wear my headset. It drains my battery and is uncomfortable on my ears. I often use the hello emote and I'd like to use the thank you emote but it's too subtle. People wouldn't even notice that you are nodding and clasping your hands together. I think it would also have a positive effect on the over all environment of eso. I would love to be able to properly thank those heroes that risk their lives in a tough dungeon or in the battlefield of cyrodiil to give me a resurrection.

Thank you very much:)
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should have different skulls that we could drop and speak for us. The sayings should be:

"I'm sorry" "Thank you" "Very good" "Help me" "Hello"
    Options
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see this change made because I don't always wear my headset. It drains my battery and is uncomfortable on my ears. I often use the hello emote and I'd like to use the thank you emote but it's too subtle. People wouldn't even notice that you are nodding and clasping your hands together. I think it would also have a positive effect on the over all environment of eso. I would love to be able to properly thank those heroes that risk their lives in a tough dungeon or in the battlefield of cyrodiil to give me a resurrection.

Thank you very much:)

Its a game where you kill people.
    Purpose of AvA... To kill other people.
    Purpose of PvE.... To kill things

Do you see them making PvE things that isnt a "get to final boss and kill him"

You want people to say "thank you" after they kill you instead of humping you?
    I think that will be more humilating because thats like a beggar giving a rich person 5 dollars and saying, you might need it.
    Its out of norm.

In Killing games... People arent nice.

After you kill someone in a duel, you want to say "thank you" to them? Why?
    Tell me why you want to say thank you to people.

Killing game is always gonna be full of angry people.
    Options
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    We do have emotes under social to say hello that you can quick slot. I'm sorry would be nice too:)
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should have different skulls that we could drop and speak for us. The sayings should be:

979.jpg

Options
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voice chat, so you can say those yourself.
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

979.jpg

*Throws down carving*

"Hello"
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Universal Thank You Emote for ESO (and other MMO's) is to jump a few times, but that is subtle too as not many seem to recognize that.

What I do when I want to people to know I am thanking them, is I use /cheer or /fistpump or /celebration. Even then, they may not take that as a thank you either. The Thankyou emote is rather subtle but I am not sure what the best alternative would be. Which is why I jump a few times or /cheer. Maybe a Backflip?

As for a spoken Thank You, who's voice are we going to use? What Race's Voice? Would these be defaulted to the race and gender of your character? Or would you be able to choose the race like we can for the dances? Would it be part of the voice selection made at character gen? I like the idea, but not sure of the logistics.

Another way would be a sign that gets held up saying thank you but then you have the language issues if they can read it. Which also goes to the emote speaking Thank you too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

979.jpg

*Throws down carving*

"Hello"

latest?cb=20140514193321
    Options
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    @qsnoopyjr Did you read what I wrote? "I would love to be able to properly thank those heroes that risk their lives in a tough dungeon or in the battlefield of cyrodiil to give me a resurrection." This is the reason that I would like to be able to say thank you. There are nice people in ESO and it would be nice to see it more often...
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Universal Thank You Emote for ESO (and other MMO's) is to jump a few times, but that is subtle too as not many seem to recognize that.
    (...)

I haven't heard that one before, but there seem to be many really thankful people everywhere. :D
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    Making the the Thank you emote the same as the Hello emote would be great. That is what I use now is the jumping a couple times, but yes that is subtle also.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    (...)

I haven't heard that one before, but there seem to be many really thankful people everywhere. :D

That's why its not the best way to say Thank You. :)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    we need list in game that shows all emotes (it also shows how to write them on chat, u know what i mean, no just icons), like quest journal u open it in game also more emotes would be nice to, one example fart, in one mmo (forgot the name) ppl fooled around with it a lot lol

Options
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    There is, it's under social.
    Options
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use /greet, the thank you emote just seems odd, more like "please sir I want some more" than "cheers".

I like it when people jump a couple of times after resurrection, but I was reading that as "Yay I'm alive!" rather than "Thank you." lol

TIL
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a good old fashioned /bow?

Would that not be somewhat visible?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /bow /kowtow /thumbsup
    These are viable "thank you" emotes. Kowtow especially if you got your ass saved
    Options
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voices you can choose from when making a character appear to be the same ones NPCs use. There are also canned responses for various situations depending on the actor's voice, including a generic "thanks" line. I don't see a reason why some emotes shouldn't play the generic audio for the player's voice.

You can already hear your character "speak" when doing certain emotes or actions -- chuckling or grunting, et cetera.
    Options
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for implementing this.
    Options