Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Suggestions for CP Grind

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
Hey folks,

Any recommendations for CP grinding? From about 450 forward? Not looking for any sort of exploit, just looking for recommendations as far as best way to gain XP. I've been doing pretty much every quest I can find and those are pretty decent. Anyone else have any decent suggestions?
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @jgruberman,

I highly doubt this is the best experience per hour, but something great I've found is fighting off Molag Bal's anchors we call dolmen in Auridon!

There are only three dolmen locations, and it seems like no matter what time of day it is, there is always a group in a big train, usually running them top - mid - bot or some other simple pattern. The anchors drop literally as soon as possible, and I get a nice 30 to 40k experience on top of the loot. Hope this helps.

Most of the time I don't even have to ask, just as soon as you are in Auridon, get in the \zone chat and type "x", they'll know what you mean xD
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on August 8, 2017 3:32PM
    Best,
    Ettin
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @jgruberman,

I highly doubt this is the best experience per hour, but something great I've found is fighting off Molag Bal's anchors we call dolmen in Auridon!

There are only three dolmen locations, and it seems like no matter what time of day it is, there is always a group in a big train, usually running then top - mid - bot or some other simple pattern. The anchors drop literally as soon as possible, and I get a nice 30 to 40k experience on top of the loot. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I usually do the dolemn circuits in Alik'r to get new guys to 50. Takes only about a day or two. Not sure how you're getting 30-40k though unless you're enlightened and on a Grand XP scroll maybe... it's about 6k at my level.
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »
    Hi @jgruberman,

There are only three dolmen locations, and it seems like no matter what time of day it is, there is always a group in a big train, usually running then top - mid - bot or some other simple pattern. The anchors drop literally as soon as possible, and I get a nice 30 to 40k experience on top of the loot. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I usually do the dolemn circuits in Alik'r to get new guys to 50. Takes only about a day or two. Not sure how you're getting 30-40k though unless you're enlightened and on a Grand XP scroll maybe... it's about 6k at my level.

Ah yes, that is on my enlightened character you are right. I forget about that because I only have the one character above 50.
    Best,
    Ettin
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you not still grind them in Imperial Sewers? I was away for the past year, so idk if that's changed.
    Edited by Mureel on August 8, 2017 3:38PM
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Can you not still grind them in Sewers? I was away for the past year, so idk if that's changed.

That one I'm not familiar with.
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    kromegas wrote: »
    Buy a double xp scroll from the crown store and run zombies in Alikr Desert. Craft yourself some low level training gear- make it blue/purple and you can get a point every 20-25 minutes.

This person mentions the above quote in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/357659/cp-grinding-without-enlightenment
    Turelus wrote: »
    If you want just CP then grinding will be fastest.

Skyreach with a partner.
    XP consumable (150% if you can afford them)
    Ring of Mara (+10% if you both have the rings on)
    ESO+ (+10%)
    Altmer Character (+1%)

If you want to have fun, do dailies, do random dungeon queues daily (100k XP), just keep playing a lot and you'll catch up.

You're past the 300 point so you're fine to do all the games content, yes it'll get better with more but you're fine on gear and basics of points to spend.

Also remember that with each increase the required values for lower levels goes down.

That was @Turelus from this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362816/the-cp-grind-where-do-i-start-cries-quietly
    Best,
    Ettin