The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Major performance drop after installing addons?

Darknotes
Darknotes
Soul Shriven
I recently came back to the game for Morrowind playing on my 2014 macbook pro. It was surprisingly running pretty well, handling huge Cyrodiil raids. No major issues since release of the update. Until now. It seems that after adding a couple addons the performance dramatically decreased to unplayable. Big FPS drop, sound stuttering, invisible mobs not rendering, major lag, skills not animating. Unplayable. I deleted the addons. Miat's Cc tracker and Miat's battlegrounds one. No change. Anyone have these issues and know how to resolve without completely reinstalling? I also repaired.

• Darknotes
    Darknotes
    Soul Shriven
    Still having the same performance issues. I reinstalled the game. Not using any addons. The FPS drop and major lag primarily happens in crowded areas. Again, it was running fine the past couple months until a few days ago. I can only guess it is a hardware issue with my macbook or something recent on server side? Any insight or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

For what it's worth here are my specs

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
    Macbook Pro (retina, 15 inch, mid 2014)
    2.8 GHz Intel core i7
    16GB 1600 MHz DDr3
    Nvidia GeForce Gt 750m 2048 MB
    Edited by Darknotes on August 6, 2017 1:52AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really sure if this works with mac but you can try to remove your ESO folder in My Documents. Just move it to the desktop or something.

If you start the game it should create a new ESO folder. Reinstalling the complete game doesnt remove this folder which may be causing your issues.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Darknotes
    Darknotes
    Soul Shriven
    Not really sure if this works with mac but you can try to remove your ESO folder in My Documents. Just move it to the desktop or something.

If you start the game it should create a new ESO folder. Reinstalling the complete game doesnt remove this folder which may be causing your issues.

Good call. Yes this looks like it did the trick. Apparently I didn't clean out my addons folders and settings correctly. Thanks!