Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Blue Quality Provisioning Recipes + Master Writs

Opticon
Opticon
✭✭✭
I have done some research on this, but the results I've found are fuzzy-math at best and outdated.

Is it for certain one way or another if blue recipe knowledge currently affects master writ drop chance?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭

On January 4th Chris Balser gave us this information with regards to Master Writs. As far as I know this is the only direct statement from ZOS outlining what affects Master Writ drop chance so I would say that no, for Provisioning blue recipe knowledge does not affect drop chance. Only purple or gold.
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.
    Chris Balser
    Systems Team - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Answer ✓
  • Opticon
    Opticon
    ✭✭✭
    Truthsnark wrote: »
    On January 4th Chris Balser gave us this information with regards to Master Writs. As far as I know this is the only direct statement from ZOS outlining what affects Master Writ drop chance so I would say that no, for Provisioning blue recipe knowledge does not affect drop chance. Only purple or gold.
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.
    Chris Balser
    Systems Team - The Elder Scrolls Online

Thank you very much.