The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wardens - tanky and hard to kill

murdomac101
murdomac101
✭✭✭
Just an observation but I'm seeing increasing numbers of wardens in open world pvp who seem really good at sustaining all their resources and being really hard to kill. Not sure what their damage is like though.

Anyone play one of these, and is it fun?
Edited by murdomac101 on July 28, 2017 5:07PM
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is fun as hell.
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    It is fun as hell.

Haha cool. Do you play mag or stam? I levelled a warden plying morrowind and haven't take her to pvp yet.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really fun, really solid. Trying to make something with some pizazz, really close
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've got one with Potentates Shalk and Dragon with reduce block glyphs and it's amazing. 4 Shalk 5 Dragon 3 pot on one bar.
    4 Dragon 2 Pot 5 Shalk on the other bar.
    Tree ultimate cost 50 ultimate and I have major minor heroism. So pretty much every 7 secs.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    It is fun as hell.

Haha cool. Do you play mag or stam? I levelled a warden plying morrowind and haven't take her to pvp yet.

Actually, mine is a hybrid PVP healer/Tank. I suppose you can say Magicka, since he leans that way, but not a stacked magicka build at all.

I run prismatic Shacklebreaker and Transmutation, with the Sentinel Monster helm. Resto/Destro. Tanky, good heals, and the damage while not stellar by any means, is definitely enough to make self defense not a nightmare.

I do dungeons with him too when I need the gear or whatever, no issues at all.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn/Troll King + Impregnable Heavy: Sturdy

Desert Rose Arcane Jewelry and Weapons
    S&B: Decisive and Sturdy
    Ice Staff: Infused
    Edited by Tryxus on August 2, 2017 4:30PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Ice builds are fun for PvP. Love to immobilize enemies standing in place up on the walls with reach.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanky AND hard to kill? O_o.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    Frost Reach also makes shalk landing so much easier. Rooting players so they waste stamina and specially now that "Le Zerg" is out in full force because of event, rooting is funny just to see any enemy swallowed whole by a zerg.

When soloing just remember to block with backbar because I've forgotten in 1vX situations thinking they used poisons on me but in reality blocking with frost drained my magicka
  • C0ndor
    C0ndor
    ✭✭
    I use 5 wizard in back bar, 5 necro body, a regen monster helmet and maelstrom destro with trapping poison in main, in bg is tanky as hell (healing ward, harness magika, living trellis, minor maim and minor protection) and the burst damage is awesome
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Any good set suggestions for a stamina warden?
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Tanky AND hard to kill? O_o.
    What is this madness o.o
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running max magic build. 5 necropotence, 3 grace of the ancients, 2 willpower swords, 2 max magic monster pieces. It's insanity.
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    I'm running max magic build. 5 necropotence, 3 grace of the ancients, 2 willpower swords, 2 max magic monster pieces. It's insanity.

Cool. Which of the warden's skills proc the necro pet trait?
  • Bullgar
    Bullgar
    ✭✭
    The betty netch procs the necro set 5-piece ability. And you pretty much have your netch out 100% of the time. I'm running 5 necro/5 shacklebreaker with a 1piece monster for added magicka, max magicka build, destro/resto. Without undaunted passives yet, I have 52k mag with food buff and some great dmg. As long as shields are up, tanky as heck. Shield + Leeching Vines is OP.
    Bullgar, Orc Templar - DC
    Boglar, Imperial Templar - DC
    Paja Blackmane, Khajit NB - DC
    Bullgara, High Elf DK - DC
    Bull-gar, High Elf Warden - DC
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually enjoyed living trellis much more than I have enjoyed leeching vines. Next patch I'll run 5x necropotence, 5x amber plasm, and 1x domihaus for no-CP.

Edit: and if I played CP then I would run the exact same build, but probably run the thief instead of the atronach.
    Edited by Adenoma on August 3, 2017 3:21PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    That's great thanks. I'm going to try moving my necro set from sorc to warden then