Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rim Men?

runagate
runagate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
"UESPwiki wrote:
"In the Second Era, during the Interregnum, Akaviri refugees from Cyrodiil were granted asylum in northeastern Elsweyr where they became known as the Rim Men or Rimmen. The Akaviri gave their name to the city of Rimmen and constructed a shrine known as the Tonenaka, said to hold ten thousand statues.

I'm about as far from an AD fanatic as one can get but isn't it time someone give the Khajiit lands some lovin'?

Elsweyr_map_Oblivion.jpg
In 2E 896, the Numidium, a gigantic brass golem, was reassembled and activated at Rimmen by Tiber Septim. Ya'Tirrje, the Gold-Cat, ran a prosperous drug smuggling operation in the city during the Third Era. At some point, Rimmen became the home of the Jovial Lambasters, who were known to celebrate Clavicus Vile. After the Oblivion Crisis, Rimmen declared itself an independent kingdom, and its guards were known as the Regulators.

Rimmen sounds like a delightful place. And I am still obsessed with getting into Bravil which is just sitting there by good fishing spots, taunting us. I want it to be an active pvp city almost as much as I want a house in the hilarious town of Hackdirt!

https://youtu.be/7SgvtMMJFHA?t=150
Edited by runagate on August 3, 2017 3:09PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The titles in these forums get weirder every day.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably worth noting that everything in that excerpt is well after the events of ESO.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the little slice of Cyrodiil just to the east of Rimmen is? Some sort of wee Gold Coast like enclave likely.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably worth noting that everything in that excerpt is well after the events of ESO.

Of course, but it still sounds like a groovy place. The further back in time one gets on Nirn the weirder things are.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    I wonder what the little slice of Cyrodiil just to the east of Rimmen is? Some sort of wee Gold Coast like enclave likely.

The Nibenay Valley. Also Blackwood, and the Niben Bay, depending on exactly how much of it you want to carve off. It includes Bravil in the north and Leyawiin in the south, near the coast. Technically, Bravil should be inside the borders of Cyrodiil in ESO, so, there's some cartography weirdness going on here.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Technically, Bravil should be inside the borders of Cyrodiil in ESO, so, there's some cartography weirdness going on here.

I'm not sure what you mean. Bravil is certainly in Cyrodiil in ESO and I used to visit it, wanting it to be completed.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, Bravil should be inside the borders of Cyrodiil in ESO, so, there's some cartography weirdness going on here.

I'm not sure what you mean. Bravil is certainly in Cyrodiil in ESO and I used to visit it, wanting it to be completed.

Well, I just admitted to how rarely I take dominion characters into Cyrodiil. :p

There is supposed to be a bridge heading south from outside the city. As is, it's inaccessible. :\

Anyway, that's what that sliver of the map is.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Omg!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one :joy: This title could mean something completely different ;)
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where is that place and how do I get there?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

Step 1) Fire up Arena
    Step 2) Don't die in the prison
    Step 3) No, really, don't die in the...
    Step 4) Okay, this time, don't... oh, okay.
    Step 5) Finish the tutorial, head to Elsweyr, find Rimmen.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    LMAO when i read it. eso rimming. Sea People and Se Men should be next.
    Edited by Jurand80 on August 3, 2017 4:01PM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

Step 1) Fire up Arena
    Step 2) Don't die in the prison
    Step 3) No, really, don't die in the...
    Step 4) Okay, this time, don't... oh, okay.
    Step 5) Finish the tutorial, head to Elsweyr, find Rimmen.

Or if you mean Bravil just go to the Eastern Elswyr Gate, walk out the gate and turn left, hop over the little river and you can stare at the outside of the city wall.

The locales shows in the video I posted in the OP I believe are currently inaccessible - or at least I haven't been there in a long time.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Odd that given that ESO happens only about 9 years after the Second Akaviri Invasion there aren't any remnant Kamal snow-demons around for us to encounter. I'd love that given that my most fervent desire for a future ESO "Chapter" is to cross to Akavir and explore new lands and let the writers and devs of ESO have a free hand in creating something new all their own.

2E 572 Following the Second Akaviri Invasion Rimmen allied itself with the Akaviri invaders and fended off Khajiit attacks

2E 583 Events of Elder Scrolls Online take place

2E 576 The Frostfall Coup resulted in the usurpation of the throne and ascension of Euraxia Tharn as Queen of Rimmen

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Kamal_(race)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the Trans-Niben, part of the Blackwood region. The Trans-Niben is usually heavily involved in border disputes between Elsweyr and Cyrodiil. It's a swampy/marshland area.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Odd that given that ESO happens only about 9 years after the Second Akaviri Invasion there aren't any remnant Kamal snow-demons around for us to encounter.

Second this. I would have expected at the very least, the Pact would have gobbled up any survivors for use as slave labor, since most of the Dunmer were required to release their Argonian slaves.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    That's the Trans-Niben, part of the Blackwood region. The Trans-Niben is usually heavily involved in border disputes between Elsweyr and Cyrodiil. It's a swampy/marshland area.

Ah, of course. In-game it's one of my favorite places to hang out. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time collecting nirnroot and trying to hop out of the zone (Cyrodiil) there.

ON-place-Niben_River.jpg

I so desperately want to see the drawbridges there move down and allow passage across. I suppose it'd look like that bridge from Stormhaven to Bangkorai. That bridge with junk in the middle and an invisible wall is interesting. Long ago I made it across with a sorc and there's some inactive scenery and buildings before you get to the infinite grids beyond zones.

[ edit ] That little jaunt into Blackwood in the DB questline is nice.
    Edited by runagate on August 7, 2017 2:37PM
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    I do like a good Rimmen.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA