Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind 'worth it' questions (ANSWERED)

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
-Questions have been answered. Thanks for the responses-
Edited by Benie on August 9, 2017 2:03AM
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    1 - There's a lot of good PvE content in Morrowind. The quests are really good and I love the location.

2 - Not sure about that timer but I do think 40 hours of content is pretty good, even if I think Morrowind should've been cheaper.

3 - I'm loving my double bow warden bosmer. I'm using this build as a base for my own, check it out: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-warden-bow-build-pve/

And I'd have to agree that canceling ESO+ after you get used to it sounds like a punishment. The craft bag alone keeps me subbed but all the other perks are really good too.
    "I see", said the blind man
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I didnt enjoy the PVE quest that much and stopped it in the middle. ill start again when I feel like it.

I do enjoy BGs but they were broken at the beginning. They are much better now.

If its 40 H worth of play, its something like 1 dollar per hour. Up to you to see if it is worth it.

So far I like the warden but didnt get hyped by the rest of the content
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The value of a landmass depends on how quickly you intend to complete it. If you skip through all quest dialogue and zoom from way point to way point it can feel dull and over too quickly. Take your time to enjoy the sites, pick up any crafting materials you find, go kill that group of mobs for no particular reason, really listen to all the quest dialogue, take breaks to go and do other stuff for a bit and then come back. This will make the content feel absolutely immense and immersive.

All of the content from Morrowind is really nice. Good overland questing. BGs are lots of fun. The Halls of Fabrication is a great trial. Warden is a cool and very unique class.

The only thing I was disappointed with was that there were many locations that needed to be present to keep the landmass parallel with ES III, but were not actually accessable. Like doors to things that would normally be delves but are just grown over or blocked in some way. Even if they had just put one room in them, I would have been happy to at least be able to go inside everything.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting opinions here, very interesting. However I haven't been fully convinced if the Warden can be a 'Hunter-like' class by using only a bow (and the bear pet).
    Edited by Benie on July 31, 2017 5:42AM

• Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    Just check the link for the build I posted. It's pretty detailed and even has videos. If you're still unconvinced after that, not sure what would convince you.
    "I see", said the blind man
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benie wrote: »
    Interesting opinions here, very interesting. However I haven't been fully convinced if the Warden can be a 'Hunter-like' class by using only a bow (and the bear pet).
    Menegroth wrote: »

3 - I'm loving my double bow warden bosmer. I'm using this build as a base for my own, check it out: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-warden-bow-build-pve/

Didnt try it myelf but this build is bow only oriented. Alcast is a great reference for builds so you should do fine with it :)

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's worth it. I absolutely love it.
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    Worth it imho. If your guild raids then you can have that 40h with HoF alone. We made a ruling about not reading guides about it, and if not talking/ mentioning it. And developed our own tactics and 'guild guide' over four 5 hour sessions, which was a lot of fun and continues to be in our normal raid rotation. If BGs are your thing that's again a great thing, even though I would have preferred them being part of the base game and different arena tied to new and old DLCs.

My only real gripe is that there was no epic fish like in wrothgar..
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, worth it, as is the entire game !
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have done everything else one tamriel offers its worth it. just dont rush through the content and you will get a lot of fun hours for your money. I mean, there are other games out there which cost 50-60$ and are only 10-12h long....I dont regret it that i bought it.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Questing wise, think of Orsinium. Roughly the same. I enjoyed the questing personally, and the zone itself is very pretty, high res, beautiful, great music, good quest rewards (costume, personality, memento, tattoos, furnishings). I personally enjoyed the side quests a lot, main story is not bad too, really well done, I just don't like Tribunal that much lol.

Warden wise, I don't really know much I'm afraid.
  • kivaann
    kivaann
    Got it for 25$, a bit disappointed with the graphic tbh, but then i just simply don't like lava. The quests are good, i like the houses, though the lag in Vvardenfell is simply unreal.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm new to the game, and morrowind is definitely worth it. If you played the original morrowind, tons of places will be similar. You get to see how vivec was built, how much the tribunal impacted the populace, ald ruhn before the crab was fully carved out. A lo t of the delves are dungeons from morrowind. And that is just a tip from what I saw as a new player.

Heck much to my dismay but happy they are there we have cliff racer/striders and they sound very similar to how they sounded in original morrowind. Plus the lore guy is an old geezer with a long history of writing Lore for table top D and D. Can't really top that, and from a lore perspective to quests, its pretty good. Feels like the old Morrowind with ESO graphics.

My only complaint is you start there no matter the race/ alliance you start in morrowind. I made a bosmer from the Aldimari dominion and she is in morrowind which from an rp perspective of my character, is a lil lore breaking.
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Just check the link for the build I posted. It's pretty detailed and even has videos. If you're still unconvinced after that, not sure what would convince you.
    I tried to understand the video, but all I heard was "blah blah gear blah blah blah potions blah blah", plus the person says in the beginning "it's for dungeons" (which is all I really cared to hear in that entire 16 minute video). I need a solo build.
    Yes, PvE is also dungeons. But I just enjoy soloing (in an MMORPG). Look, I don't judge you. :expressionless:

I do have one more, very important question that never really was a concern to me until I saw this 'One Tamriel' thing messing with the solo storyline (by no longer having level requirements). I feel this question will 'make or break' it for me.
    This thing is listed as a 'chapter' ingame, yes? Yes. From what I understand, a 'chapter' in a video game is a continuation of the storyline. Correct? I would assume so. So... does that mean, does this have a continuation of the storyline? Yes, or no?
    If no, then that's all the proof I need it's not worth the $40, and I might wait until when (or if it ever) goes down in price. Knowing Zenimax's policy (and seeing how the base game is still $60)...I have my doubts.
    If Yes (and it continues for a good bit(and feels like a lot of effort was put in)), then it's worth it in my eyes. Simple as that.

Also...
    kivaann wrote: »
    Got it for 25$
    May I ask where you found it on sale? $25 seems more reasonable for just one new continent.
    Edited by Benie on July 31, 2017 6:53PM

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO? The pve content so far has been pretty boring. I haven't finished it though but it just feels really lacking to me. I enjoyed Wrothgar more. Battlegrounds are great, I love having access to shacklebreaker crafting as it's a great pvp set. Trials are good. I guess it depends, if you're just there for a run through the pve probaly not. If you're there for bgs the crafting and trials as well then probably yes. But you could always wait for a sale.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to understand the video, but all I heard was "blah blah gear blah blah blah potions blah blah", plus the person says in the beginning "it's for dungeons" (which is all I really cared to hear in that entire 16 minute video). I need a solo build.
    Yes, PvE is also dungeons. But I just enjoy soloing (in an MMORPG). Look, I don't judge you. :expressionless:
    While I personally haven't used that build, in all fairness you asked about a build and got probably the best build up to date, or for sure one of the best =x It's not like a dungeon is that much different from a non dungeon environment (except being harder) from a dps viewpoint. I'd say take it as a base and tweak it to your needs(you might want/need more heals for soloing so Vigor is probably due) or if you don't like it for some reason just take whatever, for open world soloing you can pretty much light attack things to death naked and it will work.
    I do have one more, very important question that never really was a concern to me until I saw this 'One Tamriel' thing messing with the solo storyline (by no longer having level requirements). I feel this question will 'make or break' it for me.
    This thing is listed as a 'chapter' ingame, yes? Yes. From what I understand, a 'chapter' in a video game is a continuation of the storyline. Correct? I would assume so. So... does that mean, does this have a continuation of the storyline? Yes, or no?

If you mean "does Vvardenfell story continue the main base game's story with Prophet, Molag Bal etc?" the answer is no. Again, think Orsinium. A totally unrelated story of its own. It has some connections to main game in the form of meeting certain npcs you might remember again (such as Naryu) in side quests but that's about it.
    Edited by Magdalina on August 1, 2017 11:05PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't even been to Morrowind yet, but if you really enjoy playing ESO I think it would be worth getting it. What you could do is cancel your ESO+ membership for a few months to offset the cost.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I can't "think Orsinium", as it least it came with ESO+. This didn't. Thank you. I'm not paying for a $40 DLC that should had come with ESO+. I refuse. This ends it all.
    Please, no more responses. Lock the thread.
    Edited by Benie on July 31, 2017 7:34PM

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -I'm primarily a PvEr, is there a lot of content for it (and is this also part of the 'One Tamriel' thing'?
    For me yes, it was a lot of content, and it seemed that the world was more detailed and more interesting than the other zones.

-(An extension to the first question) I'm hearing that the content is only 40 hours long (according to a post made back in January of this year). Is this true?
    Depends on your play style. This zone feels a lot more like the single player Elder Scrolls games. If you play this way, exploring the world, just doing some quests here and there that seem interesting, it can last a very long time. For me 30-40 hours was just scratching the surface, didn't even start the main Vvardenfell quest yet. If you play it more MMO-style, trying to complete quests in linear order, then it is much shorter. Also battlegrounds can provide hundreds (or thousands) of hours of content.

-Is the new 'Warden' class good for if I wanted to roll as a Bow-only 'WoW-like Hunter' spec? (Main burning question as I have a Stam Sorc that only uses a bow)
    I don't know what Wow Hunter spec is, but anybody using a bow will usually have a second weapon on the back bar, either 2-hander, dual wield or s&b. The overland content in this entire game is easy enough that it doesn't require any specific build. You can do it just using any weapons and any random gear you find. If you want to try PVP or veteran dungeons, maelstrom arena or trials, etc, then you need to figure out a specific build, and probably it won't be using bow on both bars.

(!NEW!)-Does this expand upon the single player questline, to prove (in my opinion) it's a 'chapter' as it claims ingame?
    I don't understand the question.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 31, 2017 8:54PM
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, it is indeed a good DL. Personally I think it would have been fun if they made it possible to join the Morag Tong. :# Granted, lore or story wise this might conflict with The Dark Brotherhood. ha ha Lots of room with Morrowind to expand, too. Honestly, though, it doesn't seem anywhere near the same size as the console release of Morrowind years ago. Maybe someone here can learn me somethin', though.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, it is indeed a good DL. Personally I think it would have been fun if they made it possible to join the Morag Tong. :# Granted, lore or story wise this might conflict with The Dark Brotherhood. ha ha Lots of room with Morrowind to expand, too. Honestly, though, it doesn't seem anywhere near the same size as the console release of Morrowind years ago. Maybe someone here can learn me somethin', though.

its .5 scale smaller to fit on their servers, but its everything is in the right location. And still very big. Its 1 zone in a much larger game.

to op:
    Also morrowind is more an expansion pack, then a dlc. You also do not start off undead. You start off as a normal dude/chick on your way to morrowind and are captured. You do the questline, leave morrowind and then get told about a "opportunity" which a cs plays out and you find yourself in cold harbor. It was an awesome touch, and the CS is VERY well done.

Also wal-mart, best buy and gamestop sell eso base or the 1 with the 4 DLC for pretty cheap. I got 2 versions for roughly 30-40 each on sale. ESO, then ESO with all but the hist dlc Which I bought hist with crowns from my eso+ so if i don't stay subbed I have the dlc.

MMOrpg need money to run, nothing is ever truly free. Games being $30-$60 is normal. ESO is a buy to play game, not f2p.

If you were to buy any other mmo, like ff14, you be paying $30-$40+ and 40-60 on stormblood but in order to do content you have to 200-300 quests in a msq, or skip it by paying $20-$50+ for a story skip potion and a level 60 potion. ff14 ia very rigid and they *** block you from zones untill you complete the msq. Like if you start off in Limsa Lominsa you are stuck their till level 15 and unlock airships. Only work around is joining a guild that has a house in the other 2 towns. Which is not 100%
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The content is great on a new char but if you run it with high-level build its way too easy. The price is probably a little bit on the high side for the content that it provides. Still if you like the game its a worthy addition.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The content is great on a new char but if you run it with high-level build its way too easy. The price is probably a little bit on the high side for the content that it provides. Still if you like the game its a worthy addition.

$40 is the normal price of mmo expansions. which is what morrowind is. It just was released, no up dates to it yet really.

Morrowind added a new zone, new class, different starting area, quest line, side quests delves ect.

Ff14 stormblood added about the same, and cost $60 for the digital CE. 40 for standard digital.

cost way more for the physical copies.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

$40 is the normal price of mmo expansions. which is what morrowind is. It just was released, no up dates to it yet really.

Morrowind added a new zone, new class, different starting area, quest line, side quests delves ect.

Ff14 stormblood added about the same, and cost $60 for the digital CE. 40 for standard digital.

The point is that a fully leveled char can breeze through Morrowind and find little challenging content beside Battlegrounds and vHoF. When content is too easy it gets boring so spending $40 might not be worth it. Like I said, on a new char its great but dont expect to be challanged if you know what you're doing.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of being similar in value to ESIII, then no. Not a chance.

In terms of being similar in value to ESO, then yes.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭

The point is that a fully leveled char can breeze through Morrowind and find little challenging content beside Battlegrounds and vHoF. When content is too easy it gets boring so spending $40 might not be worth it. Like I said, on a new char its great but dont expect to be challanged if you know what you're doing.

the same can be said for a max level in ff14, when stormblood or heavensward came out.

its just how mmo expac are.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like questing, nor small scale pvp or an new raid or an new class you don't need it :)

If you just want one feature of it its an question about money, I say it give less value for money than the DLC who is also more focused, you don't buy the thief guild DLC if you only do pvp.
    On the other hand people buy full price games with 6 hours of gameplay.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally found it to be overpriced. I like the location and quests, but...meh. For me personally, Morrowind was worth about $20.

In part this is because I hate battlegrounds for several reasons, but firstly because I HATE non-CP play. I'm really angry that I paid for this big new pvp game but I hate it because they made it non-CP. I know some people like that, but all of the abilities, gear, etc have been configured with CPs, and in my opinion the game doesn't function well in no-CP. so anyway...that was my biggest disappointment.

Warden bow build

Per your question, Wardens might make the best double bow builds out there. The reason is that they can get major brutality and major savagery from class abilities...and pretty powerful ones. Then they have some killer class attacks that round out the build and complement the bow. I do a lot of bow builds, and usually there's a reason to use dual or 2h on the other bar. With Wardens, their class skills take care of these nicely.
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    I found my way to Elder Scrolls via Morrowind. The original Morrowind. It came free with the purchase of a video card and I ended up purchasing not only copies of both expansion packs but also the Game of the Year version. Best value I have ever found in my personal gaming history, and that goes back to the days of Quake Team Fortress

As far as ESO is concerned, $40 was steep. Very steep, all things considered. Having said that, I've subbed for 6 months and purchased some Crowns.
  • Tator
    Tator

-Is the new 'Warden' class good for if I wanted to roll as a Bow-only 'WoW-like Hunter' spec? (Main burning question as I have a Stam Sorc that only uses a bow)

I played WoW for many years. My main was also a hunter because I've always been a fan of having an animal companion. That said, I was super hyped about the Warden. However, I will say that now that he is lvl 50 he sits. The bear doesn't act quite like WoW hunter pets such as being able to hold aggro. You do get some control over him by heavy attacking the target you want him on, but if you heavy attack a different one, he moves.

Also, I didn't get the hunter feel I got like when I played WoW. I found the bow/bow build damage to just not be comparable to bow/DW. I try to play the game and not be a min/max but it's hard to avoid with such large number differences with the changes they made to bow. Further, when running trials or vet dungeons I often feel mediocre compared to other damage classes I'm with or have played myself.