Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Falling through wooden planks after CC

Killset
Killset
✭✭✭✭
You can be CC'd through wooden planks that are often used to create dueling arenas in player housing... This needs to fixed asap! Creating a sweet dueling arena is the main reason I purchased a house.
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having the same problem.

In addition, ambushing someone who's on wooden planks sometimes put your character on top of your opponent such that they are sharing the same space. This negatively affects dueling as I've now lost my target and cannot continue my combo without repositioning.

This doesn't seem to occur on ground that was part of the default house, only on player added flooring (wide wooden planks in my case).
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm stunned this doesn't seem to be an issue with more people.
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    I also noticed that you will fall through the floor when you log out/in while standing on floors made with certain objects like planks or rocks.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the planks aren't technically a "permanent" structure you will fall through them, same with stones. I doubt this is something ZOS can change.
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    Since the planks aren't technically a "permanent" structure you will fall through them, same with stones. I doubt this is something ZOS can change.

They need to add more building materials that are intended to be used as floors then. We have to use what is available and building materials are pretty limited.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the same note, please also fix the issue that causes you to fall through grates when you're CC'd. This happens frequently on oil ledges in keeps in cyrodiil. It's an exploit that should be fixed IMHO.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you put planks right next to each other, you should not fall thru! but I know you do with areas you create for duals in housing. this should be fix zeos, but I guess because you wont make any money from fixing, than you wont. so sad the way the operate
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically any "Player placed" items in housing do not obey the rules of the floor when it comes to combat. You'll notice this if you do any sort of a ground spell (Extended ritual, cinder storm, etc.) the effect falls through the floor to the ground below. This is not limited to just the floor either, if you fear a player you can run them right through player placed walls, trees, etc.

Unfortunately I doubt this is an easy fix for ZOS. Each environment is different and the combat engine probably eliminates some things from it's computation in order to make things run faster/smoother.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand this. My question is if there are any plans on fixing it. Being able to build dueling arenas is pretty much the only reason almost every one I play with bought a house. I can't believe more people aren't complaining about this. Learning player made arenas were nearly useless was soul crushing for me lol.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    On the same note, please also fix the issue that causes you to fall through grates when you're CC'd. This happens frequently on oil ledges in keeps in cyrodiil. It's an exploit that should be fixed IMHO.

Knocking people through grates is one of my favorite activities! Please don't change it ZOS.
    PC/EU DC
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »

That's not an exploit, and any pvp'er knows not to stand on the grate, only noobs do it.