The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion thread for "Crown Store Showcase: August 2017"

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not matter if the Desert Gala Dress can be properly dyed or not. It's not sexy, nor feminine! It hides way too much of her body. We need more dresses like Balmora!

It's beautiful and feminine. It is an ornamented dress that is really elegant, and its only issue is the broad shoulders.

"Feminine" isn't synonymous with "skimpy". There is nothing wrong or less feminine about a dress that covers everything, and there are plenty of costumes that show a lot too, it is not like we are lacking skimpy outfits.
    Edited by Abeille on August 2, 2017 12:30PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Will the wolf pet and mount be part of the collector's edition Horns of the Reach Pack? They seem like it.

"collectors edition horns of the reach"?

please dont spread these rumors. .

The more expensive bundle that's launched with every DLC that's come with a mount and a few other bits and baubles? Sorry, I can't remember the exact term, and "collector's edition" is much less of a mouthful.
  • Walting
    Walting
    ✭✭✭
    Even the Mounts now get Tattoos and Markings... seems to be selling well ^^

I like the Karthwolf Charger but already have two wolf mounts so i pass on that one though.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the desert gala dress dye properly, or be muted out like other recent costumes?

Its already in store and yes, it dyes well and the texture is very detailed. :) Its not new, though, it used to be on pts since TG test or even earlier.
    Heres a few examples of dyes:
    SrVcuXq.jpg
    VhjkBlq.jpg
    OxdgOk1.jpg
    gkPnQTE.jpg
    zQjcRPx.jpg
    The white headdress and those blue gems arent dyeable, though.
    The only downside is that it makes your chars shoulders broader, it looks like 80's shoulderpads.
    uzWTwEm.jpg

Thank you so much, @LadyNalcarya!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Princess Mononoke Karthwolf mount is the first mount I've been excited about in a long time. Hopefully the price is reasonable!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    Gad, would you please have your designers look at a catalog of vintage men's fashion? PLEASE????? This padded upside-down V look that you seem to be so fond of leaves me cold -- and NONE of my men will wear a skirt, sorry.

palpable irony here

a4pplk9ca58i.png
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there some sort of NDA on that new email? There's no 'please do not repeat this' but I feel like I shouldn't repeat it as to not stir the pot.
    signing off
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These look pretty great!! Can we finally get some info on whether or not any of these costumes will dye well, though? Or any news on adjusting how existing poorly-dyeing costumes work? The last several months have been like, SUPER disappointing in that regard. The Argonian items, the Dunmer items, all of them can't take a dye to save their life, which is especially frustrating because they're otherwise more or less delightful to look at!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gad, would you please have your designers look at a catalog of vintage men's fashion? PLEASE????? This padded upside-down V look that you seem to be so fond of leaves me cold -- and NONE of my men will wear a skirt, sorry.

palpable irony here

a4pplk9ca58i.png

Yeah, I wouldn't wear that crap, either.

I said "vintage," not "ancient."

This is what I like: https://www.historicalemporium.com/mens.php

If the wedding suit and noble suit are canon, then variations on this theme would be acceptable, too.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not matter if the Desert Gala Dress can be properly dyed or not. It's not sexy, nor feminine! It hides way too much of her body. We need more dresses like Balmora!

If skimpy is the only acceptable type of clothing for female characters, for you, you may want to play some korean rpg's instead.
    Edited by Stania on August 2, 2017 11:25PM
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • platonicidealgirlfriend

palpable irony here

a4pplk9ca58i.png

If the wedding suit and noble suit are canon, then variations on this theme would be acceptable, too.

Those suits are based on early modern clothing from the 17ish century; pushing it, but arguable viable in The Elder Scrolls because it has flashes of post-Medieval references here and there. That's a monumental step away from giving you a 20th century business suit and frankly your idea is barely less ridiculous than the ppl who wanted literal Wonderwoman armor.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

palpable irony here

a4pplk9ca58i.png

Flagrant Eurocentrism detected, prepare for compulsory reeducation.

https://roughguides.com/gallery/traditional-dress/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_costume

There's a lot more to male fashion than just some European suit styles, even within Europe.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

The best kind of reeducation! Lovely pics.

I suppose Men'Do is getting a new dress this month ;D
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

palpable irony here

a4pplk9ca58i.png

Flagrant Eurocentrism detected, prepare for imminent reeducation.
    Abeille wrote: »
    Recremen wrote: »

The best kind of reeducation! Lovely pics.

I suppose Men'Do is getting a new dress this month ;D

idk I was extremely disappointed with how the Buoyant Gentility Ensemble dyed and I really don't want to be let down that badly again.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    re: 'skimpy' vs 'sexy' vs 'feminine' etc...

I mostly wonder what the point is of all these full-body tattoo/skin options they sell when most of the armor & costumes in the game cover them up. (Not that this is a female-character-only issue.) /shrug
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Ebon skin at same day but it have zero lore-relation, while Bloodforged skin related to one of new dungeons.

Wrong. Ebon skin is related to a kinda cruel quest in morrowind.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • RebelFireStorm
    RebelFireStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Yaaaay more artificial scarcity in the digital store!

Ashland attire looks surprisingly nice but the ebony skin just... missed me completely. Oh well, more crowns for next month.