The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How many of you have fun doing VMA?

Mitoice
Mitoice
✭✭✭✭✭
Im rather new at VMA, mostly because it's solo, and I hate doing solo stuff in multiplayer and I have a few questions I wanna ask the community:

1. Do you have fun doing VMA?
2. Would you do VMA even if you've gotten the weapon you need?
3. Whats the worst part youve encountered in VMA?

Finally,
4. Would you want ZOS to add a multiplayer option to VMA?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. From time to time I do enjoy VMA. I´m doing it for the scores not the weapons. If I do get a good weapon it´s a nice bonus.
    2. Yes
    3. The lag, random disconnects and the argonian stage. Hate that stage
    4. No, it´s the only solo-oriented content in the game. If you want multiplayer go play the rest of the game. VMA is not that difficult. Anyone (and I mean anyone) who puts a little effort/time can and will complete VMA.
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Depends on the arena.
    2. Hell no, I'd go grind another trial/dungeon.
    3. -Arena. Rink of frozen blood
    -Mechanic. Dwarven balcony spinning blades
    4. No, it's not impossible on your own.
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Yep. I like running vMA on my magblade at least, it's a nice test of my build and survivability. I used to hate it until I Got Gud.

2. I have the majority of weapons that I need and I still run it weekly. So yep!

3. The random spores in the seventh arena. Also the round where there are three archers that spawn at once - if all three hit you at once on a straight up DPS glass cannon build you're just toast haha.
    Also I find the second arena annoying, especially the final bosses. That's the one that I get pretty low on resources on near the end of the fight due to me usually just waiting for the right one to lose their shield and attack me. There have been times where I nuked the first boss that spawns in super quick and the other two kept going back and forth shielding up, then down, up, down ... This could have been designed a bit better so if you have high DPS you're not standing around getting hit by the spinning blades while waiting.
    Also again I hate the blue ghosts in the last arena lmao.
    If I had to pick one though it'd be the second arena boss round tho bc waiting around is dumb.

4. Yesssss, I'd love to have at least duo arena! I think that would be neat. Maybe not in vMA since it's old now, but a new one similar to vMA would be cool.~
    Edited by Kihamai on July 30, 2017 9:24AM
    pc na | trash tier
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks everyone for your opinions... didnt knew i would receive so many....

In my case VMA is frustrating, but I know this is because im new and I get killed constantly, using alcast videos to get better.

Im stuck at the spider arena, but when the spiders come at me I cannot see any light and they kill me... UGH Im I suppose to kill them? they are very hard to kill, at least with my templar.
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're supposed to ensure at least two of the lights are open from being webbed in case one starts to fade away, and stay near the light until the spiders freak out and scatter. Then you're safe and can continue doing damage. Be sure you're constantly moving though or the AoE shock waves will probably kill you.

If you're talking about the bigger spider critter (forget what they're called atm sorry, some kind of miniature daedra spider) that the boss summons, you need to kill that one too to prevent the boss from becoming enraged.
    pc na | trash tier
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit used vMA to test ideas in now, such as builds and rotations. If this one gets the good weapons then that is a bonus.

For the longest time this one had hatred for the behemoth and the mushroom spawns. Now, this one had made peace with that oversized argonian.

And Khajiit would love to have a duo arena in the game. Not modify vMA but give us a new arena for the challenge.

Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    fun? vma? hahahahah....but for real it was the fun the first couple times i did it, then after a chore.
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitoice wrote: »
    Im rather new at VMA, mostly because it's solo, and I hate doing solo stuff in multiplayer and I have a few questions I wanna ask the community:

1. Do you have fun doing VMA? - It's a Chor now.
    2. Would you do VMA even if you've gotten the weapon you need?-NO
    3. Whats the worst part youve encountered in VMA?- RNG

Finally,
    -Yes but difficulty multiplies 4 times

Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having fun NOT doing VMA. I tried it in PTS. Awfully long, tedious and at the end crap RNG. I am not doing it until there is a token system. For fun and challenge i have been soloing Craglorn delves and bosses since VR14.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • NotNormanBates
    NotNormanBates
    ✭✭✭
    1. I love vMA as whole, wish there was more content like it in the game.
    2. I have just about every weapon, in every trait and still run it atleast 3-5x a week if not more.
    3. Stage 2, 5, 6, and 9 were the most challenging the 1st time through. Stage 7, 8, and 9 were the most challenging while trying to get my 1st flawless.
    4. I would love another mode for vMA w/ higher difficulty, different mechanics. Or better yet another solo or 2-man instance/arena.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Fun is not the word I would use to describe it, but I keep going back so I suppose I cannot hate it that much.
    2. I thought I would quit vMA once I got the weapon I needed but actually I still go to vMA just to improve and also get spare weapons. You have to be prepared for when the meta changes and you need new traits!
    3. The lag spikes I get in vMA suck. I have lost on out flawless runs before because of random lag spikes that cause me to die. Despite my internet being absolutely fine, for some reason ESO gets massive lag. It also always seems to occur on round 5 or 6.

4. I would rather ZOS create a new arena that is multiplayer. vMA should stay solo.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was happy to pass it, now i very seldom do it anymore as it is not really fun to me
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yep
    2. Don't care about weopon
    3. Lag / bugs
    4. 100% no
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to, not so much anymore.
    I did for a while after I got what in needed. Mostly I was looking for more weapons for alts so I didn't have to switch them around.
    Sucks post morrowind update. Keeping enemies up just to heavy them, having to slow down on some fights to resource manage, and the last fight really not having good places to heavy during. Sucks to morrowind. I don't really do much PVE anymore and aside from this last event really haven't played much since morrowing dropped.

Finally,
    5. Would you want ZOS to add a multiplayer option to VMA?
    No

I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me, I like it
    no need for multiplayer, there is enough for multipülayer to do
    I see them even in normal delves with groups running through, pain enough for those
    Sometimes I wanna do something alone, and that is vMA
    Edited by Azurya on July 31, 2017 7:15AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Do you have fun doing VMA? For the time I spent doing it, yes. Not now we've gone backwards.
    2. Would you do VMA even if you've gotten the weapon you need? I ran VMA for score and #1, aquiring like 5 sharpened infernos and the rest along the way, so yes.
    3. Whats the worst part youve encountered in VMA? 1. When you're competing for Rank 1, 5 seconds can literally be the difference between 1st and 2nd, and although everything is controlled, spawns on ghosts and things like that can throw you off a couple of seconds - So the randomness of some spawns. 2. Cost of completion to reward (It's a massive cash dump, I've gone through at least 3m over time)

Finally,
    4. Would you want ZOS to add a multiplayer option to VMA? No, it's still a fairly good test for new players and can really get people up to speed with general DPS and their own survivability. Also, it was designed around 300CP, people shouldn't need help in there imo

Edited by BNOC on July 31, 2017 9:05AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Yes, most of the time I run it is because I feel like running it to improve my scores.
    2. Yes, there's only one weapon left that I really want and I know the chances of it dropping aren't very good compared to when I wanted all the sharpened weapons I had a better chance of getting one of them. Also, see 1.
    3. Just the lag and bugs in general. I've had several flawless runs ruined by some BS and got sick of it so I eventually threw on some heavy armor and cheesed for my title.
    4. No, I'd rather instead of spending time on making a new mode for vMA that they make a new arena, preferably for two people.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA is the equivalent of eating glass and drinking bleach for recreation.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • VagabondLife
    VagabondLife
    ✭✭✭✭

No. I despise vMA. I would rather go to the dentist than go back to vMA.

Hells no. It's nothing but a time sink. I could be running a trial with my friends, or random dungeons through the groupfinder - actually participating in the "multi-player" aspect of the game. Instead I'm locked away in there by myself for hours at a time. I want to fight enemies with my friends, not battle my own *** RNG until my fingers bleed.

BiS weapons required for end-game multiplayer activities, gated behind solo content and entirely at the mercy of RNG.

Stupidest design EVER.

Another one? Why? We already have DSA...
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) ye I have fun doing it, not all the time but I enjoy it most of the time.
    2)Yes I have every needed weapon in the traits I need this patch and the next patch (I even have some of em 4-5 times :D)
    3)for a time I hated stage 7, now I'M cool with it, same with Stage 5, but the most annoying for me at least is the Flame Knight and her ACing :D he's better than andy.s and alcast :D also got annoyed when I cant burst stage 2 bosses and have to wait when they shield up and when I *** up with stage 8 final boss burst
    4)not to vMA but as others said a 2 man or 3 man arena would be awesome
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Calysis wrote: »
    4. Yesssss, I'd love to have at least duo arena! I think that would be neat. Maybe not in vMA since it's old now, but a new one similar to vMA would be cool.~

This^ I like the concept of something constructed for a two man team.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fun? after the umpteenth time and getting yet another lightning staff in decisive no it really isn't fun at all. Opposite of fun. The arena is dishing out all sorts of weapons for me in decisive. And I'm not exaggerating. Since I completed it for the first time I've kept every weapon.

PUT IN A TOKEN system already, make it a priority for the love of god ZOS. My heart goes out for people that have done double or even triple the runs I have and have not yet received the weapon they wanted.

No, once I get the two weapons I seek I'll never touch that arena again. If I ever do get them.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is they're anything in the works for improving player experience in here?
    Edited by revonine on August 2, 2017 5:22PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I RP in vMA though I will say I don't find much cooperation for following the storyline. Ugh.