Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XP & Dailies

Buster78
Buster78
I'm sure this maybe posted somewhere else and if so please provide the link to the thread. Thank you.

I basically do the dailies everyday for leveling. I have noticed that the XP for these vary everyday. Like the first couple I do give me good XP and then the others taper off. Doesn't matter what order I start in for the dailies. So, my question is why?

Thanks in advanced!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buster78 wrote: »
    I'm sure this maybe posted somewhere else and if so please provide the link to the thread. Thank you.

I basically do the dailies everyday for leveling. I have noticed that the XP for these vary everyday. Like the first couple I do give me good XP and then the others taper off. Doesn't matter what order I start in for the dailies. So, my question is why?

Thanks in advanced!
    Are you above level 50?
    You get an enlightenment bonus of 400K xp shared between all caracters above level 50 this is earned 4x as fast as normal and is so people who don't play much will catch up.

Second reason is that lots of the xp is earned killing stuff, so if you run after other in an delve you will not kill much and don't get any bonus for it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're mostly likely getting the benefit of enlightenment when earning more XP. If you're champion ranked you get 400k XP worth of enlightenment each day and this stacks up to 12 days (4.8m XP). Also different dailies may provide different amounts of XP.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Buster78
    Buster78
    Thanks guys........I kind of dropped of and looking forward to Marrow Wind to finish out to 600.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons also give big xp the first time via group finder, and less for subsequent
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Buster78
    Buster78
    Yeah, so, I basically do the guild dailies(mage, fighters, undaunted) along with Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, Wrothgar, and now VVardenfell. I do the writs, too but I'm not as concerned with them. The dailies will give me 32.9k or 47 something with an experience scroll. The problem I'm having is, they don't always give me the same XP. The first couple will and then the XP drops to 8K(12K). I would think all the dailies would give the same XP for the most part considering you have to wait until the next day to do them again. My question is why? Does a Dev have this answer? Is there something I can do to ensure consistent points? Not play everyday?

Also, I'm a 567 Champ Points and an ESO monthly member. Yeah, I love this game even have it on PC which is a VR16 but I switched to XBOX. Probably not a good move but that's another story.

Anyway, Thanks in advance!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not to be rude but it looks like you got your answer twice above already. Is there a reason that you think it's wrong, given you're still asking? Because it does sound like Enlightenment to me as well.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the dailes do give different amounts of Exp, Enlightenment has nothing to do with, as enlightenment only affects how many champ points you get, not the exp.

Lets talk about Wrothgar, I run the bosses up there once a week with my guild. Some bosses give more exp at turn in that others, I don't think it has to do with the number you do in that respect. Maybe it does, I don't pay too close of attention as with a Scroll, I pull 800K champ points just doing the bosses up there, enlightened for part of it.

As for other dailies, I kind of expect them to pay less exp as you do more and more of them. Same way the Random Dungeon gives 100K for the first of the day on that character, and then falls to 32K after. But I don't run a lot of other dailies to have tallied this over time. But I have noticed less exp on the times I do run a few of them.

The way around this is to run things with alts. Do the dailies on one character until you notice the drop off in Exp, then log to an alt and start with them.
    Edited by Nestor on July 21, 2017 9:43PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Buster78
    Buster78
    Yeah, I'm just going to keep track of the XP with the dailies and if I notice it plateaus after doing so many of them. I'll just grab the easiest ones and do them daily. Just think it's crazy, that obviously you can only do them once a day but the XP tapers down after doing several of them and it doesn't matter the order they're done in.

I feel that if I grab the fighters guild, mages guild, VVardenfell, Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, and undaunted along with the writs. That when I go and turn them in that I get the same amount of XP every day. I just find it odd that there's like 8 different dailies(aside from the undaunted dungeons) and very rarely doing all of them give the same XP. Of course, I understand the Hew's Bane and Gold Coast contracts XP tapering down because you can continue to do them all day long.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The kill boss quests can give good rewards and is pretty fast, the undaunted one give undaunted xp also and is very fast.
    Heist and the DB daily missions is also fast if you can do them, you want gear for it.
    Found an daily random normal dungeon is also pretty fast and give massive xp, if you got an dlc and a bad team quit and do something else.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.