Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nirncrux

firedrgn
firedrgn
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there away to,get nirncrux besides nodes from crag or buying it? I saw on,chat someone said,you can steal from guards in crag and,it drops . also I heard about writs . I wouldike a little more info if someone hs the time. Thanks.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surveys in Crag can drop them.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn writ surveys do (rarely) drop nirncrux if you have any.

Very rarely, they will also be found on Craglorn animals that drop hides.

But, the ones mentioned in the OP are the best places for finding raw nirn ... cloth/ore/wood nodes and in the guild stores.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 29, 2017 9:56PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirncrux drop from all resources nodes in all of Craglorn, and occasionally (rarely) from mobs.
    They have an increased (doubled) chance in Craglorn surveys.
    They have a small chance of dropping from heavy sacks.

That's all.
    Nirncrux doesn't drop anywhere else.
    Them dropping from guards is a tamrielic urban legend. They don't.

• Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard that nirn trait gear has a small chance to appear in treasure chest in Craglorn although I don't know how true this is and I have never personally seen any. If it is true would could break down the gear for a chance of getting the nirn mats, or just sell them I guess.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulo wrote: »
    I heard that nirn trait gear has a small chance to appear in treasure chest in Craglorn although I don't know how true this is and I have never personally seen any. If it is true would could break down the gear for a chance of getting the nirn mats, or just sell them I guess.

That's also a urban legend.
    Treasure chests in Craglorn never drop either nirncrux nor nirnhoned gear.
    What can happen though, even though it is extremely rare, is to have nirncrux drop from normal small chests (those without locks) since they share the same table loot as heavy sacks.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to what @anitajoneb17_ESO said, you also get one piece of nirnhoned gear as a reward for completing the Craglorn main zone quest ...
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In all the years that Craglorn has been in existence, I have only had one drop from welva, all the rest have been from nodes.

I've never had nirn from treasure chests or heavy sacks, though that doesn't mean it doesn't happen :)

But there have been lots of rumours about nirn drops. I remember when some people said they dropped from flowers - though that turned out to be a tactic to slow other farmers down, picking flowers instead of harvesting nodes (and that was back when nirn only dropped in Upper Craglorn).
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I've been working Craglorn the last few weeks trying to finish out achievents and such. I've been having no luck with Nirncrux at all, even though I gather every thing in sight. The only nirncrux I've ever harvested was back when it was Upper Crag only. Since then, nothing upper or lower.

What am I doing wrong? Or does the RNG hate me that much to last months if not years without a nirncrux!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Skagsmasha
    I've been working Craglorn the last few weeks trying to finish out achievents and such. I've been having no luck with Nirncrux at all, even though I gather every thing in sight. The only nirncrux I've ever harvested was back when it was Upper Crag only. Since then, nothing upper or lower.

What am I doing wrong? Or does the RNG hate me that much to last months if not years without a nirncrux!

I usually log-out my toons behind the bank in Craglorn - just a good spot to do so.
    When loading in, there's a good chance the wood and ore nodes are usually there and I just collect them if they are.
    Occasionally I will pick one up off these alone - but I do tend to find that nirn drops less frequently if you stay on the same character and continually farm mats. I can cut a whole lap of Craglorn collecting and more often than not you get 0.
    Welcome to the world of ESO RNG.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been running around for a couple of hours the last days - ended up with 5+2 Nirncrux. So it really does drop and is not that rare after all.