The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag sorc pvp build?

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
So I'm trying to find a good mag sorc pvp build. I was thinking maybe 5 julianos 5 lich. Would this work? If you have a better build, let me know. I would like one set to be crafted so I don't have to farm 2 sets.
Tell me the gear you use and if anyone knows a good cp set up, let me know bc I'm lost when it comes to cp.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnus or seducer over julianos, the extra recovery is a must have in pvp
    Signature

• PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using 5 lich 5 necropotence and it's very good
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »

So y'all are running two sustain sets and y'all are able to burst people?
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭

Necropotence isnt a substain set
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I find pretty effective:

MagSorc PVP Build:

Main Bar - Lightning (poisons) Julianos
    Hardened Ward
    Crushing Shock
    Crystal Frags
    Mage's Wrath
    Inner Light/Boundless Storm
    *Destro Ulti

Back Bar - Lich Restoration
    Healing Ward
    Harness Magicka
    Mines
    Streak
    Haunting Curse
    *Absorption Field (morph of Negate) Ulti

5 Julianos (Infused chest/legs & 2 small impen/staff)
    5 Lich (3 jewelry & 1 small impen/staff)
    Head/Shoulder: Infernal Guardian
    5-1-1 working around monster weights
    Tri-Stat Food (for stamina)
    Immovability Potions
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna run a pet in pvp, use necropotence, it's BiS for any sorc/warden that run pets. It's very very very good
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amber/Shackle
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used in PVP (mostly battlegrounds):
    5x Julianos 5x lich
    5x necropotence 5x lich
    5x necropotence 3x willpower 2x infernal guardian
    5x necropotence 5x Amber plasm

Which one do I like most? Depends on if I'm playing a good group or a bad group, and it depends on if I'm running tripots or not.

If I'm running tripots, I really like the 5x necropotence 3x willpower 2x infernal guardian. Those IG mortars hit really hard, and while they're hard to land 1v1, they tend to connect pretty often in the fast paced, hectic nature of battlegrounds.

The downside of that build is Stam regen, and if I'm up against a good group it's easy to get CC locked and run out of Stam. Good groups tend to be good with CC and focusing a sorc, and it's important to know that shields work great against 1 or 2 opponents, but not 3+, so the ability to rolldodge defensively is really really nice when I run the 5x amberplasm 5x necropotence build.

ATM that's my default.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't you heard? Any set is OP with a mag sorc because they're sooo "OP"... :trollface:
    Edited by andreasranasen on July 31, 2017 8:56PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I have used in PVP (mostly battlegrounds):
    5x Julianos 5x lich
    5x necropotence 5x lich
    5x necropotence 3x willpower 2x infernal guardian
    5x necropotence 5x Amber plasm

Which one do I like most? Depends on if I'm playing a good group or a bad group, and it depends on if I'm running tripots or not.

If I'm running tripots, I really like the 5x necropotence 3x willpower 2x infernal guardian. Those IG mortars hit really hard, and while they're hard to land 1v1, they tend to connect pretty often in the fast paced, hectic nature of battlegrounds.

The downside of that build is Stam regen, and if I'm up against a good group it's easy to get CC locked and run out of Stam. Good groups tend to be good with CC and focusing a sorc, and it's important to know that shields work great against 1 or 2 opponents, but not 3+, so the ability to rolldodge defensively is really really nice when I run the 5x amberplasm 5x necropotence build.

ATM that's my default.

Yep, necropotence,infernal guardian and willpower is a very good combo, you can also go 5 necro, 2 Infernal Guardian, and 4 lich for more regen
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will def work especially with a recovery glyph or 2.

If you want to be a little more meta go 5 bsw it has good uptime still if you spam crush shock.

Plus with burning spell weave you can run 2 recovery glyphs on jewelry and still have ton damage.

With julianos and 2 recovery glyphs its less damage. Thats the difference between sets you gotta farm and crafted sets.

U def need the 2 recovery glyphs though this patch
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recommend pet builds now they are definitely not as good in pvp as they used to be. Still great in pve but pvp it sucks

Why? Because you have to waste 4 slots on your bars for 2 pets anddddd you need 3 shields as a mag sorc.

You cant run execute no room.
    You cant run ele drain for more sustain no room
    You cant run lightening form. No room.
    You cant run mages fury not that you want to.

All you got room for is the necessities
    Power surge
    Streak
    Crush shock
    Haunting curse
    Cystal frag.

Plus you can hit really hard with some non pet builds in pvp and you dont have to worry about your pet dying and waiting for the 5 second cast praying you dont get interrupted.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 Necro, 5 Shackle, 2 Shadowrend

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't you heard? Any set is OP with a mag sorc because they're so OP. sooo "OP"... :trollface:

Oh I agree with this. And fixed it for you.
    :trollface:
    Edited by Idinuse on July 31, 2017 9:23PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't recommend pet builds now they are definitely not as good in pvp as they used to be. Still great in pve but pvp it sucks

Why? Because you have to waste 4 slots on your bars for 2 pets anddddd you need 3 shields as a mag sorc.

Power surge
    Streak
    Crush shock
    Haunting curse
    Cystal frag.

Plus you can hit really hard with some non pet builds in pvp and you dont have to worry about your pet dying and waiting for the 5 second cast praying you dont get interrupted.

Lmao of course you can have an execute slotted, deadric prey, streak, and damned be elemental drain who run that in pvp don't say pets are bad at pvp If you run ele drain ahahahah
    Edited by PlautisCarvain on July 31, 2017 9:23PM
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP sorc pet build:

Fire staff:
    C frag
    Crushing shock
    Deadric prey
    Pet
    Mages fury

Resto staff
    Pet
    Power surge (lightning form, structured entropy etc...)
    Light armor skill
    Hardened ward
    Streak
    Healing ward
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use 5x Lich and 5x spinner and 2x infernal guardian or engine guardian. The sharpened spinner inferno staff is kinda expensive and the Lich resto is time consuming to farm but the damage is great.
    Edited by CheepsNSalsa on July 31, 2017 9:53PM
  • Drpsychoball
    Drpsychoball
    ✭✭✭
    Please do t make a magSorc, stamsorc us much better easier and hits like a truck. Velidreth, spriggan and clever alch. Checkout a video @FENGRUSH made of his stamSorc build!
    -PC/NA/DC/AD-
    CP 350
    Drkrazyball - CP160 HealthDK [PVE]
    -Song of Lamae, Engine Guardian, Endurance, Alessia's Bulwark
    Revenganaut - CP160 StamSorc [PVP]
    -Clever Alchemist, Spriggan, Velidreth
    Snikerdoodle - CP160 StamIna NB [PVE]
    -Twice Fanged Snake, Vicious Ophidian, Valkyn Skoria
    Sir-Garfield - CP160 StamIna NB [PVP]
    -Clever Alchemist, Spriggan, Valkyn Skoria, Spriggan
    Don-quixote - CP160 StamIna Thief [PVE]
    -Night's silence, Jailbreaker, Valkyn Skoria
    Wardens of Winterhold

• Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Power surge
    Streak
    Crush shock
    Haunting curse
    Cystal frag.

Lmao of course you can have an execute slotted, deadric prey, streak, and damned be elemental drain who run that in pvp don't say pets are bad at pvp If you run ele drain ahahahah

Ele drain debuffs plus gives you 300 magicka when damaging real players know this is a luxury of not using pet.

If you run 2 pets and daedric prey you have NO room for 3 shields streak power surge daedric prey crush shock crystal frag and endless fury.

Ele drain is a must especially against heavy armor blockers who got like 30k resist.

#TheMoreYouKnow
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want to see it in action, im streaming now wearing amberplasm and necropotence in BGs. twitch / thogyaler

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Necropotence isnt a substain set

If you want to run a pet build necro + another set +dark deal and a large stamina pool is the way.
    Otherwise you need high sustain to cast at least one shield evry 6 seconds the burst is given by timing correctly your skills.
    With 2.1-2.3 spell damage and 38k magika is ok with a sorcerer.

@OP if you want a tip try to hide the fragment inbetween skills, usually i cast the curse >cursing shock>fragment proc block casted >cursing shock> execute.
    If you time everything correct you have five skills hitting at once, add the execute passive and is a guarantee kill.
    Edited by Tonnopesce on August 1, 2017 8:00AM
    Signature