The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Midyear Mahyem Proves BGs Needs Sep. Queues

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There's been a lot of complaining and grief due to issues with this event, but one thing it has definitely proved in my opinion, is that BGs absolutely needs queues for pre made groups and one for pugs. Prior to this event BGs was extremely frustrating, being pitted against pre mades, streamers or even pre made groups of streamer. With a pug you just could not win. With the influx of people playing due to the event bgs has become infinitely more enjoyable with many more evenly matched teams and close fights as well as a being able to play agaisnt different people instead of the same unkillable tanks again and again (although they're still out there but that's a different issue with capture the flag). So please ZOS make separate queues. I'm hoping that more people continue to play bgs after this event but I fear that eventually newer players and people with less experience will be driven away as they get crushed again and again. I consider myself to have a fighting chance in most (not all) pvp situations, and even I found myself reluctant to jump into bgs knowing that I'd have zero chance of winning most of the time. Others have suggested a ranking system, which could also work. Though having a pug group will still always put you at an extreme disadvantage unless the groups are awful which isn't usually the case.
Edited by Vapirko on July 26, 2017 2:04AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    There's been a lot of complaining and grief due to issues with this event, but one thing it has definitely proved in my opinion, is that BGs absolutely needs queues for pre made groups and one for pugs.

Prior to this event BGs was extremely frustrating, being pitted against pre mades, streamers or even pre made groups of streamer. With a pug you just could not win. With the influx of people playing due to the event bgs has become infinitely more enjoyable with many more evenly matched teams and close fights as well as a being able to play agaisnt different people instead of the same unkillable tanks again and again (although they're still out there but that's a different issue with capture the flag).

So please ZOS make separate queues. I'm hoping that more people continue to play bgs after this event but I fear that eventually newer players and people with less experience will be driven away as they get crushed again and again. I consider myself to have a fighting chance in most (not all) pvp situations, and even I found myself reluctant to jump into bgs knowing that I'd have zero chance of winning most of the time.

Others have suggested a ranking system, which could also work. Though having a pug group will still always put you at an extreme disadvantage unless the groups are awful which isn't usually the case.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I agree with you, 100%.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I would honestly be surprised if ZOS doesn't address this in some way. Even given their record of not really addressing a lot of issues. I think that BGs is something they want to succeed and this would be a huge step towards that happening.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it really does. so far, my experiences have be ranging from terrible to awful. I'm by not means a good pvper, I'm a terrible one. which is why when I end up on a TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD for my (losing naturally, but still) team, its just nuts. where I routinely run into people who just don't contribute at ALL. they do nothing. either stealth by the respawn point, or die in seconds and then just lay there without hitting respawn even once. the fact that these is the people I'm teamed up with... against premades? seriously? what the bloody hell? its exercise in futility and its NOT fun. and yes, I understand that there are people (like me) that are only doing it for the event. all the more reason to keep us apart from premades.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make your own premades. No different than cyrodil.

Joining solo queue during prime time is more likely to give you a clean fight. It'll only put you against premades if no other premades are queued up to fight them.

Where I tend to get screwed is when I have a group of two and we get two pugs going against two 4man premades.

Speaking of, if you're up against two four-man premades, odds are you're the pugged addition to an unfilled premade (duo or trio)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Why do you agree 100%?

You're Xbox Eu where there's literally 40 players on BG queue rotations.
    (Either that or they are matchmaking me against the same players every game, without fail)

I'm all for split queues, but at the minute, BG's on Xbox work. There's still people uninterested in combat that shouldn't even be in there but as a whole they're fun and the queue times are very quick.

This change will be welcomed but only once the've drawn more people to BG's on Xbox Eu at least - I can't speak for PC which seems to be booming.
    The rewards now aren't enticing enough to get people away from wherever they are, you literally get more AP for capping IC districts and can buy all of the gear already for 5k a piece in traders.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Joining solo queue during prime time is more likely to give you a clean fight. It'll only put you against premades if no other premades are queued up to fight them.

Where I tend to get screwed is when I have a group of two and we get two pugs going against two 4man premades.

Speaking of, if you're up against two four-man premades, odds are you're the pugged addition to an unfilled premade (duo or trio)

If I queue in a premade, we'll easily win any death matches and most domination and ctf ones.
    If I solo queue and end up against a somewhat experienced premade, I think I lose more often than I win.
    So how exactly is a less experienced player supposed to compete with that? Just pitting groups according to their sizes, even if that actually worked reliably, isn't enough. Without matchmaking based on some evidence of competence, like win rate, k/d ratio, medal points per match or leaderboards, I'll just coninue to meet premades that never stood a chance, demotivating them.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

If I queue in a premade, we'll easily win any death matches and most domination and ctf ones.
    If I solo queue and end up against a somewhat experienced premade, I think I lose more often than I win.
    So how exactly is a less experienced player supposed to compete with that? Just pitting groups according to their sizes, even if that actually worked reliably, isn't enough. Without matchmaking based on some evidence of competence, like win rate, k/d ratio, medal points per match or leaderboards, I'll just coninue to meet premades that never stood a chance, demotivating them.

100% this.

Just seperating queues would be more harmful for bgs than just rgn queue. Experienced groups would demotivate everyone attempting to just play with friends within a week. Leaving the game with only soloqueue in the process.
    The groups would also get demotivated as fighting only the same enemies gets dull eventually.

It needs an mmr/elo system to create matches based on individual or team competence.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50